Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,886,493 Views | 43962 Replies | Last: 12 hrs ago by The Porkchop Express
Fat Bib Fortuna
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Must be my computer, but I can't see anything you're posting in quotes.
TCTTS
AG

TCTTS
AG
Can you see any of the tweets above? I'm not even quoting, really, just coming and pasting each tweet's link.
TCTTS
AG
First look. Still waiting on an official release...

TCTTS
AG
I'm not a big theme park guy, but this looks amazing...

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2015/08/star-wars-themed-lands-coming-to-walt-disney-world-and-disneyland-resorts/
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
I'm in deeper than an 18 year old at a *****house.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
like i said, im sure it's just my computer, but all i see are grey bars.
Quinn
AG
Tweets showing up fine on my iPhone. Like the look of the poster - nice retro touch, but not an exact copy of the original style.
Saxsoon
AG
My family owns timeshare with Disney Vacation Club (since 2000 and hence my love for Disney) and I am seriously geeking out over that. Hollywood studios is easily the lowest attended park with the only major attractions being toy story mania, tower of terror, and rockin Roller coaster. The entire backlot tour has been shut down recently and they can get rid of streets of America since it is only used for Osborne family lights at Christmas ( and right next to star tours)

The improvements they did to star tours last year were phenomenal and regenerated an aging attraction.bvery excited to see what they can do and what the timetable is.

Knife_Party
Is that a legit poster or is it fan art? BECAUSE I'M TOTALLY FREAKIN OUT HERE MAN. THAT IS ANAKIN/LUKE'S LIGHTSABER THAT BOYEGA IS HOLDING. IS THIS FOR REAL ???
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
TheForceNet says this is one of 2 posters Struzan is doing - this one for the D23 and a second one that will be official. Han looks like he's passing a kidney stone.

Murder Hornet
AG
quote:
Is that a legit poster or is it fan art? BECAUSE I'M TOTALLY FREAKIN OUT HERE MAN. THAT IS ANAKIN/LUKE'S LIGHTSABER THAT BOYEGA IS HOLDING. IS THIS FOR REAL ???
I can only get so erect /archer
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Some thoughts:

From the day it was first announced that Disney had purchased Lucasfilm, a Star Wars theme park is what I've been envisioning. I always figured this was in their plans, so it's really exciting that it's finally official. (And you KNEW there had to be a Cantina, I cannot wait to have a beer there. )

I have to agree with TCTTS, Star Wars Anthology sounds so much cooler than A Star Wars Story. It sounds a lot kiddier, especially for a movie the director has repeatedly said will be a "war" film. Not a big deal, but not crazy about it.

The TFA poster is great, though maybe a tiny bit underwhelming compared to some really great fan-made ones I've seen that had a bit more going on and had more characters in it. Still really cool though.

What a day!
Saxsoon
AG
A Star Wars story sounds like **** after anthology. I would have no problem if they hadn't already nailed it out of the park.

Especially with that anthology logo they had done earlier
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

The Collective
The Collective
AG
10/10, WB.
Brahma
Ulrich
Never in my life have I had even the faintest desire to go to any sort of theme/amusement park.

Now one is on my bucket list.
TCTTS
AG
Yep, they definitely changed this...

... to this...

Saxsoon
AG
quote:
Yep, they definitely changed this...

... to this...

I am sorry but the intern who suggested that and the focus group who liked that should be shown the door
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Has anyone noticed the stairs from the carbonite chamber on the poster?
TCTTS
AG
Hmmm. I wonder if that's more of just an Empire / First Order design aesthetic, though. Not exactly the same, but a similar pattern is found in the trailer...

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I'm thinking we'll be seeing Cloud City. Someone has to find the saber, and the poster seems to confirm that.

twilly
AG
More about Star Wars Land
TCTTS
AG
From initial reports, it sounded like Luke's lightsaber is found floating in space (having been jettisoned with the trash or whatever), but that's never felt quite right, and seems way too random. However, a return to Cloud City in some capacity (even if in flashback) would definitely make more sense. My guess? Kylo Ren actually finds (or found) the lightsaber in Cloud City. We know for a fact from A) the second trailer, and B) the EW article that he's collecting relics, and Luke's lightsaber would definitely be the holy grail. I'm betting someone steals it from Kylo either just before the movie starts or in the first scene or two, and THAT'S what he's after.
PatAg
AG
THe ****ing IP MAN is in rogue one! **** yes!
jr15aggie
AG
I'm getting a serious light side / dark side vibe from that poster... And Rey is caught in the middle.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Now that Colin Trevororrow is on board for Episode IX, and they've announced that they're building a Star Wars theme park, and e also know that they're making a sequel to Jurassic World does that mean that if I go to the Star Wars theme park, something will go horribly wrong and dinosaurs will attack?

Or did I just blow your mind?
Brahma
Is it just me or are there also two Suns on that poster?
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
I count three, actually.
TCTTS
AG
High quality version of the Rogue One image finally released. Still can't get over how cool this looks...

512Ag
AG
All this stuff makes me feel like

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Guy sitting at the console looks like Sayid from Lost.
First Page Last Page
Page 160 of 1257

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.