Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,858,945 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by TCTTS
Saxsoon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
boogieman
AG
quote:
I count three, actually.
It's lens flare.
Simplebay
AG
Is Donnie blind? Pretty sure he's blind in that photo TC
TCTTS
AG
High quality version of just the art, sans graphics. And remember, this is only a "variant" poster and won't be displayed in theaters; it's more of a D23 exclusive kind of thing (I say that only because the more I look at it, the less I like it)...

TCTTS
AG
Are you asking me? I honestly have no clue. But yeah, looks like he could be.
AliasMan02
AG
I like the juxtaposition of the X-Wings on one side and the TIEs on the other. The image looks like it is intended to be part of a larger piece. Like there is another poster-sized image that would continue to the right.
TCTTS
AG
Yeah, I definitely like that element, but overall, four people standing just isn't very dynamic. That, and the Harrison Ford image is just bad. Such a random posture/image to use.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
quote:
Yeah, I definitely like that element, but overall, four people standing just isn't very dynamic. That, and the Harrison Ford image is just bad. Such a random posture/image to use.

The stairs they are standing on in the poster also look like cloud city.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Guess you missed the last page?
Definitely Not A Cop
AG

I thought you were just talking about this picture!
fig96
AG
quote:
High quality version of the Rogue One image finally released. Still can't get over how cool this looks...

This makes me think back to our Suicide Squad discussion about how the director/studio chooses what imagery to use to present their story to the masses.

In this case, they chose wisely.
Saxsoon
AG
The Force is Strong with Playstation

TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
Don't care for the vader print on the PS4 as you never see mine really but... I do love that controller.
dave94
AG
quote:
High quality version of the Rogue One image finally released. Still can't get over how cool this looks...

That is freaking badass. It makes me think of Firefly with a real budget.
PatAg
AG
I think thats a great point about Suicide Squad. They are similar photos, except one is them all just standing around awkwardly, whereas this puts them in an environment and looking authentic.

Also, Suicide Squad just looks terrible too, so that could be part of it.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Han has that "get off my lawn" look/posture in that poster. Not really a fan of it.

Him isolated at the bottom doesn't make much sense. No Chewie? Leia? Just him?
GiveEmHellBill
AG

I'm having trouble putting into words just how trippy, weird, yet funny and cool this picture is.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
This is pretty awesome. This mural was painted in Mexico City.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
When Harry met Johnny.
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
^ No kidding, I'd be willing to bet that's the reason why.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:

I'm having trouble putting into words just how trippy, weird, yet funny and cool this picture is.
Is anyone else starting to get the impression that Johnny Depp sleeps in that costume a lot?
jabberwalkie09
AG
Still waiting to see if there happens to be a red ball of goo/rimbaldi device reference.
fig96
AG
quote:
quote:

Is anyone else starting to get the impression that Johnny Depp sleeps in that costume a lot?
He seems to be a fan of it for sure.

Also interesting that they both look to be wearing about the same number of earrings.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I just noticed Bruckhemier in that picture.
TCTTS
AG
http://www.slashfilm.com/star-wars-land-questions/
Saxsoon
AG
Pretty much what I expected though I was surprised Pixar would get the backlot tour area. I am also interested to see what Disney does with the muppets as they are making a resurgence on abc. Now would have been the perfect time to update the aged show.

Also very surprised about the no one is a cast member. Disney has kept everything very themed in he past but everyone still wore a Disney badge with their name and where they are from. When I worked there my freshman year, they told us that the badge is so important because parents tell their kids to never talk to strangers at the parks if they get separated EXCEPT for badged cast members.
AliasMan02
AG
Just finished A New Dawn. It was really great. Much more in depth and sophisticated a story than Heir to the Jedi or Lords of the Sith. Maybe the best Star Wars novel I've ever read. Only the Heir to the Empire books really compare.

Kanan is a GREAT character. He succeeds in making Jedi and the Force interesting. Jedi characters are historically pretty lame, because they have always been cast as white or black hats. The best parts about A New Dawn are what Kanan does NOT do.

Five stars. Definitely read it.
joemeister
AG
It might be because I listened to the audio-book, but the character Skelly almost ruined it for me.

*** Spoilers ***

I also found Count Vidian to be an incredibly ridiculous bad guy. He supposedly got to where he was by using his real identity to forge his own safety reports, but also by having good business acumen. The scene early on where he goes crazy and pounds the guild master to death with his robot arms literally made me laugh at how stupid it was.

I do agree with you that Kanan was really well written. Particularly when it came to his light vs grey struggle. I didn't care for the lack of character development for Hera though. Maybe it's because I'm an old school Star Wars EU guy, but I have a hard time when they use Twi'leks as anything but mercs or slaves. Ryloth is supposed to be one of the traditional slaver planets. I wish the Star Wars writers would come up with another form of alien they could represent heroines as rather than always a human or an alien with head-tails.

I would only recommend it to those of you who watch Rebels and want to know some of the background of Hera and Kanan. They don't really go into much detail behind the early Rebellions organization or, frankly, anything that actually affects the show.
AliasMan02
AG
I thought the theme throughout that the Empire encouraged or excused any behavior that advanced its goals was well done. As long as his methods were getting results, Vidian could do literally anything he wanted and not worry about reprisal. Just like Vader is able to murder captains and admirals with impunity.
joemeister
AG
Sorry, was editing my post when you responded. I get what you are saying to some extent. I just though it was a grasp for them to make a person who got to his position through smarts alone, to actually be a giant temper tantrum throwing baby. I would have preferred for Vidian to be more cunning. Basically, I didn't think his personality fit the background they wrote for him.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
quote:
quote:

Where's the aliens?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Well Diego Luna's in there.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
quote:
Well Diego Luna's in there.

fig96
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Where's the aliens?
That makes it feel even more like Firefly.
First Page Last Page
Page 161 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.