Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,886,315 Views | 43962 Replies | Last: 11 hrs ago by The Porkchop Express
VanZandt92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Star Wars Celebration next week. Anybody going?
wangus12
AG
quote:
Adding Anakin's ghost is pretty bad: the young Anakin is next to an old Ben... uph.
It was annoying that they changed it in the first place, but since they did, they should have thrown a young Obi Wan into it.
tamusc
AG
quote:
quote:
Adding Anakin's ghost is pretty bad: the young Anakin is next to an old Ben... uph.
It was annoying that they changed it in the first place, but since they did, they should have thrown a young Obi Wan into it.
Exactly
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Nah, Alec Guinnesa was a big part of ANH. The actor playing Anakin was in it for 15 seconds.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
How come they snubbed Force Ghost Jake Lloyd?
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
I took it as this was the form the characters were in when they died as Jedis. So the 9 year old would not be right, nor would McGregor as OWK be right. This is just my interpretation, I have never seen that validated anywhere.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
I took it as this was the form the characters were in when they died as Jedis. So the 9 year old would not be right, nor would McGregor as OWK be right. This is just my interpretation, I have never seen that validated anywhere.
Honestly I think it was just Lucas thinking in the long-term.

In another 30 years, kids will know both trilogies equally, so it will make more sense to see Hayden as Anakin in ROTJ. You easily identify him as the protagonist of the first trilogy.
TXAG 05
AG
I wouldn't give Lucas that much credit
Saxsoon
AG
I would. He has already been quoting that eventually he would like to see only the DVD versions remain 30-40 years from now as the VHS versions will be gone. The guy does think long term, even if it is not in a way you like.
israeliag
AG
Interesting theory, but didn't Vader become Anakin redeeming himself by saving Luke, killing the Emperor (and therefore the Empire) and ending the Sith (at least temporarily)? Therefore, he was Anakin again when he died in Luke's hands IMO.
israeliag
AG
Also, it's BS that there's a ghost in the first place, considering Qui-Gon Ghost taught Yoda and Obi Wan that power, after Anakin fell to the darkside. But that might be BS on the prequels. Ugh, plot-holes.
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
Also, it's BS that there's a ghost in the first place, considering Qui-Gon Ghost taught Yoda and Obi Wan that power, after Anakin fell to the darkside. But that might be BS on the prequels. Ugh, plot-holes.

No, you're right. That's canon. Not my favorite thing, but definitely official.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:

I'm surprised Lucas didn't go completely 2001 on the concept... Show old Anakin... Luke is all "*tear* Father"... Then show Haden Anakin and Luke is all "Dad? "... Then show Jake Lloyd Anakin and Luke is now" what the.... ".

The movie closes with embryo Anakin, floating above Endor, ready to be conceived by the medichloreans once again.

Fin.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
And rename it: Star Wars Episode VI: The Curious Tale of Anakin Skywalker
Saxsoon
AG
quote:
quote:

I'm surprised Lucas didn't go completely 2001 on the concept... Show old Anakin... Luke is all "*tear* Father"... Then show Haden Anakin and Luke is all "Dad? "... Then show Jake Lloyd Anakin and Luke is now" what the.... ".

The movie closes with embryo Anakin, floating above Endor, ready to be conceived by the medichloreans once again.

Fin.
This needs to be a How it should have ended video
TCTTS
AG
Exactly one week from this very moment...
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
http://www.slashfilm.com/han-shot-first-star-wars-digital-editions/
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I would like to see a version where Han shoots first, misses, Greedo kills him, and then Gredo is digitally inserted as Han in all scenes for the rest of ANH and all of ESB and ROTJ.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I'd like to see a scene added with Greedo and Vader re-uniting at a bar in Coruscant and reminiscing about old times on Tatooine over a pitcher of blue milk and some death sticks.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
I would like to see a version where Han shoots first, misses, Greedo kills him, and then Gredo is digitally inserted as Han in all scenes for the rest of ANH and all of ESB and ROTJ.
Leia: I love you

Gredo: Jab zatu tuho (subtitled: I know)
redline248
AG
quote:
I'd like to see a scene added with Greedo and Vader re-uniting at a bar in Coruscant and reminiscing about old times on Tatooine over a pitcher of blue milk and some death sticks.
Greedo wasn't the kid Rodian whom Anakin hung around in Ep 1, was he? I thought he didn't show up until the Clone Wars cartoon
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Yes.
redline248
AG
According to the internets, Anakin's Rodian friend was named Wald and there is a deleted scene in which Anakin gets into a fight with a Rodian named Greedo. Qui Gon breaks up the fight and Wald tells Greedo one day his actions will get him shot.
ChipFTAC01
AG
No, that Rodian had a different name.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I stand corrected. Greedo's article on wookieepedia is misleading.
quote:
Greedo, son of Greedo the Elder, was a male Rodian bounty hunter. He lived in Mos Espa alongside the young Anakin Skywalker and W. Wald circa 32 BBY.
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
According to the internets, Anakin's Rodian friend was named Wald and there is a deleted scene in which Anakin gets into a fight with a Rodian named Greedo. Qui Gon breaks up the fight and Wald tells Greedo one day his actions will get him shot.

That is the worst kind of lameass shtick.
redline248
AG
Which is probably why it was deleted. Or were you talking about me?
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
Which is probably why it was deleted. Or were you talking about me?
Ha. Self conscious, are we?

But no, I was talking about the scene. It's not like that's the only time they did that in the prequels. "Darth Vader built C-3P0" sorta took the cake on that one, regardless.
redline248
AG
Not really, I just couldn't tell. I was more confused, ha.
Ulrich
There's only like 40 people in the whole universe though, so it's totally plausible that Darth Vader had met every rando that showed up in Ep IV-VI 20 years before.
Knife_Party
Saxsoon
AG
quote:
There's only like 40 people in the whole universe though, so it's totally plausible that Darth Vader had met every rando that showed up in Ep IV-VI 20 years before.
Obviously
codenameduchess
AG
quote:
Which do y'all prefer?

1980. Would have loved if they had gone with the 1980 version of the Emperor in tone, sound, and appearance.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Even though I think 2004 is better, it still looks way out of place. I wish they'd use footage from ROTJ and spliced that in instead of using a clearly older Palpatine that looks just like in the prequels. Despecialized version got it right.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
One change I was very happy with was getting rid of puppet Yoda in Phantom Menace. That puppet looked like **** for some reason.

First Page Last Page
Page 97 of 1257

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.