Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,860,214 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 9 hrs ago by TCTTS
Claude!
How long do you want to ignore this user?
MuckRaker96 said:

Would you watch Rebels if the lightsabers were replaced with foam fingers?

Abso-****ing-lutely.
TXAG 05
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Correction: Live-action, not cartoon.

And he has what? Maybe 10-15 min of live action screen time?

You are acting like they are replacing Mark Hamill when this is closer to replacing the guy who played Ewok #3
Chipotlemonger
AG
This is relevant to the discussion

jeffk
AG
Which is which?
ChipFTAC01
AG
Obviously Garth Maul is wearing the cowboy hat and Darth Brooks has the red light guitar
Flashdiaz
AG
The edgier one is Chris Gains
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
YouBet
AG
TCTTS said:

Lol.
redline248
AG
Hard to argue with that
ChipFTAC01
AG
Can someone remind me why Padme ends up with 3PO? It was little slave Ani's Droid that he built, right?
redline248
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

Can someone remind me why Padme ends up with 3PO? It was little slave Ani's Droid that he built, right?
I don't know if there's a so-called canon answer, but here are some guesses:

When Anakin went back to Tatooine for his mom, he took C-3P0 back with him, maybe he and Padme told the Jedi she bought him. (Owen and Beru were probably like, where'd our droid go?)

Anakin traded him to Padme in exchange for R2, who happened to do a lot of stuff for the Jedi, even though he was technically property of Padme

A senator would have more use for protocol droid than a Jedi

When Anakin and Padme married in secret, they got joint custody of both droids
Decay
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

He just started following her around after he killed the women and children too
YouBet
AG
TCTTS said:

And I'm stealing this line.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
If Norman Bates were a Jedi...he'd be Master Bates.
oragator
I'd forgotten all about disco Star Wars until I heard it on XM today. You're welcome.

ChipFTAC01
AG
Reminds me of like the intro to Falcon Crest or something.
ChipFTAC01
AG
I'm in the middle of season 3 of clone wars and these episodes about the weird super Force planet and the light/dark Daughter and Sonbare really strange and seem out of place.
gougler08
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

I'm in the middle of season 3 of clone wars and these episodes about the weird super Force planet and the light/dark Daughter and Sonbare really strange and seem out of place.
Yeah those and some of the season 6 ones are really trippy
YouBet
AG
It's a weird show at times all the way around. You basically have Y7 episodes interspersed with PG episodes and then depending on the season released completely out of order. Just bizarre on the latter.
bluefire579
AG
jeffk said:

There's a great section of the newest Jedi: Fallen Order game with Vader in it. It's all on YouTube if you don't want to play the game.
So coming back to this a few weeks later, this was fairly timely because I had just bought the game on sale. Finished it the other day, and holy crap, that sequence was intense. Definitely the kind of badass Vader I love to see.
TCTTS
AG

https://www.thewrap.com/6-underground-alum-adria-arjona-to-co-star-opposite-diego-luna-in-rogue-one-prequel-series/
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Estar Guars
shaynew1
AG
casual search and i didnt see this.

ChipFTAC01
AG
I've watched the first few episodes of season 4 of Clone Wars. While I didn't love the Mon Cal episodes they were totally worth it for the final fight between Prince Lee Char and the shark guy. Total rip off of Jaws and with notes of the Jaws theme in there as an homage to John Williams.
twilly
AG
STAR WARS Holiday Special Episode II....LEGO Style

LUMPY APPROVES!

AliasMan02
AG
But is it canon?
redline248
AG
Quote:

through time and space
Saxsoon
AG
redline248 said:

Quote:

through time and space

Hell yeah let's bring in the world between worlds. Least offensive way they could do it
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I'm in.
AliasMan02
AG
It is an animated Lego holiday special, man. They wanted to have Rey share the screen with classic heroes from other eras. It's fine.
TCTTS
AG

https://makingstarwars.net/2020/08/star-wars-kenobi-to-start-production-in-southern-california-next-month/
exitone
AG
There are rumors of a Ben Solo project being discussed. Of course I take it with a grain of salt, but it brings up an interesting discussion. Initially, I wouldn't have a lot of interest in this. But thinking about it, it might be cool to see a buddy film with Luke and Ben when Ben was in training. Sort of like a Obi / Anakin relationship during the Clone Wars series. Something that actually develops the characters, so you can see why the fall of Ben is so tragic. Adam Driver wouldn't be able to play Ben, but Mark could still do Luke (and probably would). It would give him a chance to reprise the role in more of a meaningful way. But all that being said, if anything is done it will probably be an animated series.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I watched parts of TFA, Rogue One, and Solo last night on TNT.

No matter how many times I've seen TFA - and that's a lot - I can't ever focus on the aerial battle to destroy Starkiller base with Poe and the other pilots. I'm so locked into the Han/Finn/Kylo parts that I space out thinking about what I've seen or what's coming next. It's really odd.

Three great alternate "Where's Luke?" ideas when they finally put the map all the way together at the end of the movie.

A) He's on Tatooine living in his old house.
B) He's on the planet the Resistance base is on currently, like a mile away.
C) He was on the same planet as Starkiller base and they just killed him.
bluefire579
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

I watched parts of TFA, Rogue One, and Solo last night on TNT.

No matter how many times I've seen TFA - and that's a lot - I can't ever focus on the aerial battle to destroy Starkiller base with Poe and the other pilots. I'm so locked into the Han/Finn/Kylo parts that I space out thinking about what I've seen or what's coming next. It's really odd.
I think it's because the actual aerial battle feels kind of tacked on and doesn't feel like it has the stakes to it that the ground part does. On the ground, you have a team of folks who you either a) already had a strong connection to (Han and Chewie) or b) have spent much of the movie connecting with (Finn and Rey). In the air, you have Poe and several randos, and we've only really seen Poe for about 10 minutes total at that point. In terms of screentime of the battle itself, you get random flashes, but it's super quick with nothing really seeming to happen.

Compare that to the way it's balanced in Return of the Jedi. You have your key players split in a few different areas (Han, Leia, et al on Endor, Luke on the Death Star, Lando and Wedge in space). Each part has their well established goal and their fates are interlocked as they try to survive and defeat the Empire. The sequences are interwoven in a way that keeps the viewer engaged and a feeling that the rebels are in danger of failing. Just think of how you felt when Han and Leia walked out to find the legion of Imperial troops and walkers waiting for them, of when that blast comes from the Death Star, of when Luke tries to strike the Emperor.

TFA doesn't have that balance - lots happens on the ground, but in the air, Poe just does some acrobatics, flies into the generator and destroys it, and it's done. No drama, no sense of foreboding, nothing.
First Page Last Page
Page 965 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.