Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,858,927 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by TCTTS
YouBet
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Padme is one of the worst moms in cinema. Dies from sadness and abandons her newborn kids in the process.

Nice parenting!
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
YouBet said:

Padme is one of the worst moms in cinema. Dies from sadness and abandons her newborn kids in the process.

Nice parenting!
And the space gynecologists are clueless that she's having twins until it's go time.
YouBet
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

YouBet said:

Nice parenting!
And the space gynecologists are clueless that she's having twins until it's go time.

Solved interstellar travel, created advanced AI that can pass Turing tests, laser swords that somehow retain their shape and remain stable, ships that are as big as planets.

But then...."Wait a minute!? How the hell did that other baby get in there?"
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
In my 2001 fanfic, Count Dooku totally knew she was having twins and tried to steal them. /nerdcentral
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Who'd a thought Darth Vader was Luke's father?
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Well that was a lot of fun to share that theatrical experience with my daughter. She really enjoyed seeing the movie, even though she has seen it previously but said after it was over that she kept getting the various movies mixed up. She had only ever seen the ST, R1, Solo, and TPM in 3-D in the theater; the others she has watched with me at home. She was confused as to who Boba Fett was; she said she thought he lost his head. It was great getting to explain everything while watching in the theater, as there was no one sitting near us to disturb with our talking.
lunchbox
twilly
AG
lunchbox said:

Series will take place immediately after Order 66
jeffk
AG
That's great news! What happened to the BB was the one big loose end I had questions about at the end of CW.
Dro07
AG
so this will be the animated we heard about or will there be another one as well?
AliasMan02
AG
dromo07 said:

so this will be the animated we heard about or will there be another one as well?

I gather the other is still a Rebels sequel.
MGS
"The Bad Batch" is coming in 2021?

I thought the sequel trilogy was already on Disney+
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
If I don't get a trailer or a release date for Mando Season 2 soon, I'm going to have to resort to writing fan fiction again.
YouBet
AG
I assume the final season of Clone Wars S7 that was just released is still meant to be watched immediately after watching S6 even though there was a long gap IRL between seasons?
kdm_01
AG
Yes, Clone Wars season 7 follows right behind season 6. Hold on towards the end - it's a good ride!
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
AliasMan02
AG
I think we're still getting the Rebels sequel, post-RotJ.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Disregard video title.

Agree on ewoks!
Belton Ag
AG
Quote:

COVID reminds me... is the only person who has any real health issue in the whole saga Padme dying of sad?
CDC just counted her as a COVID death.
TCTTS
AG
Take this with a massive grain of salt. That said, while LRM hasn't really broken legit news in forever, and isn't necessarily part of popular film news culture anymore, they aren't a sham operation, and they *were* the ones who first broke news of Christensen's casting all the way back in 2000...

https://lrmonline.com/news/hayden-christensen-has-signed-on-for-kenobi-series-and-its-a-big-role-lrm-top-shelf-rumor/
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Rogue One era Vader?

TCTTS
AG
I think last we heard there was a rumor that Luke is supposed to like nine years old or something in this. He's a kid. So this would put Kenobi roughly a decade or so before Rogue One, I'd imagine. Especially considering McGregor's age.
bluefire579
AG
Flashbacks would be my guess.
TCTTS
AG
ROTS era flashbacks or Christensen-as-Vader flashbacks? I agree that he and McGregor likely won't have scenes together, but I also can't imagine de-aging either of them to pre-Vader times.
bluefire579
AG
I don't think it would be too big of a stretch to de-age them. Neither have aged terribly poorly.

I guess another prospect is some "what if" kind of visions, or maybe a way they meet across the force in the same way Rey and Kylo did in the sequel trilogy, with Vader projecting a full version of himself.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Have to be flashbacks. Makes no sense to put Hayden Christensen in the Vader suit when he doesn't have the build or the voice for it. I know he was in the Vader suit for the last couple of scenes of ROTS, but it would be a waste of his talents here.

Urban Ag
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

Have to be flashbacks. Makes no sense to put Hayden Christensen in the Vader suit when he doesn't have the build or the voice for it. I know he was in the Vader suit for the last couple of scenes of ROTS, but it would be a waste of his talents here.

Gotta disagree here Muck. Hayden with a shaved head, scars, colored in bags under the eyes, etc, would totally work. His build means nothing, they can fake the hell out of that easily. Voice I think is a feature, not a detriment. Would love to see him take the helmet off and talk, especially if the voice amplifier is at 50% or less due to the helmet off. Whole new take on Vader. I think it would be awesome to see him and see him interact with the helmet/mask half off or completely off. It just adds depth. Plus I just want to see Hayden get another legit shot at Star Wars.
TCTTS
AG
This was roughly my first thought, and could totally see it as well.
TCTTS
AG
Again, if true, I doubt McGregor and Christensen have another scene together (unless it's a TLJ-esque Force call, as speculated above). That said, is there any dialogue in A New Hope that directly prohibits Kenobi/Vader from sharing a scene physically in this series? Like, is there a "It's been 20 years since we last met" type line that I'm not thinking of? In other words, could they technically share a scene together, a decade or so before a A New Hope, and it not disrupt cannon?
redline248
AG
Best I can think of is "a presence I've not felt since....," but the implication, to me, was that they hadn't seen each other (or interacted) in a loong time
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
jeffk
AG
What if Vader knew where Kenobi was the whole time, but just hated sand that much?
Duncan Idaho
jeffk said:

What if Vader knew where Kenobi was the whole time, but just hated sand that much?

To be fair, I cant even begin to imagine how horrible it would be to get sand inside his suit. I mean parsecs l as ter he would still be shaking it out of his boot.
jeffk
AG
Also, Maul went looking for Kenobi and we all know how that ended up going.
exitone
AG
I think this is great if they are including Hayden in the Kenobi series. I agree, physically, he just doesn't fit the imposing Vader mold. But if you can show him with helmet off sitting in the meditation chamber talking to others and having flashbacks, that would be cool.

I have been thinking for a while that the next character they need to focus on is Vader. His character is really under developed. We know how he came into existence, and we know how he died. But we really haven't seen much of him to show why he is such a feared villain. Rogue One is the only thing to have really touched on this so far. I think it would be great if they could build on his history a bit and let us know how he came to grips with being stuck in a suit and losing everything and everyone he loved. Maybe this role in Kenobi could be a start to that.

As a side note, I know they have the Vader comics, but I admittedly haven't read but one of them. Is it worth checking out the whole series? I think they have it as an omnibus edition.

First Page Last Page
Page 960 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.