Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,859,985 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by TCTTS
ChipFTAC01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Nevermind. I found th correct order

https://screenrant.com/star-wars-the-clone-warss-correct-viewing-order/

And it looks like the earlier series is no longer canon?
TonkaTruck
Quote:

And the scene where Anakin wipes out the younglings -- powerful! I was moved. What is this salty discharge?
Just read the article from CNBC about the guy who watched for the first time. Phrasing man... phrasing...
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Saxsoon
AG
I saw that world between worlds theory recently and my eyes rolled so hard. Especially because he didn't actually alter history in Rebels. She was missing since that fight and simply pulled her forward a few years, thus explaining why she was gone.
YouBet
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

Nevermind. I found th correct order

https://screenrant.com/star-wars-the-clone-warss-correct-viewing-order/

And it looks like the earlier series is no longer canon?

Do you mean the original animated Clone Wars movie?
ChipFTAC01
AG
I meant this series.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars:_Clone_Wars_(2003_TV_series)?wprov=sfti1
YouBet
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

I meant this series.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars:_Clone_Wars_(2003_TV_series)?wprov=sfti1

Forgot about that. Yes, I think it was simply superseded by the larger Clone Wars series. A reboot basically.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Got itenjoying the series so far. Most of the way through season 1. I like how most of the stories are a couple of episode arcs. As always, it would be nice if there was less JarJar
YouBet
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

Got itenjoying the series so far. Most of the way through season 1. I like how most of the stories are a couple of episode arcs. As always, it would be nice if there was less JarJar
He largely goes away. S2E5 is where it really kicked in for me. That episode was kind of turning point with the action.

I'm in S5E6 currently. Apparently, it elevates even more here soon for me. Several backstory things happening in S5 that tie it into future OT. Pretty cool.
jeffk
AG
I would pretty much skip any episode that focused on droids or annoying characters like Jar-Jar.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
The perfect storm:

Wife and daughters leave down on girls' trip Friday morning at 10 a.m.
Star Cinema Grill begins showing The Empire Strikes Back Friday morning at 11:40 a.m.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Thanks for the tip.

Just checked my local SCG and see that TESB will be showing this weekend, and I do believe my wife is gone all day Saturday. My daughter would love to get out of the house for a movie.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

Thanks for the tip.

Just checked my local SCG and see that TESB will be showing this weekend, and I do believe my wife is gone all day Saturday. My daughter would love to get out of the house for a movie.
Getting my brother to come out to the burbs from the H to see it with me on Sunday. First time we saw it in the theater he was 9 and I was 6. Now he's 49 and I'm 46.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

Thanks for the tip.

Getting my brother to come out to the burbs from the H to see it with me on Sunday. First time we saw it in the theater he was 9 and I was 6. Now he's 49 and I'm 46.
Awesome. Good memories.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Muck, when do you normally call your brackets? I'm at near 80 responses.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I try to let them go 24 hours just to be fair. I try to get them online between 7-9 a.m. because by 9:15 a.m. everyone is sick of being at work and goes on TexAgs.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I introduced my girls to the 1960 version of Swiss Family Robinson on DIsney+ the last couple of days and couldn't help thinking a couple of scenes looked straight out of the OT.

Looking on IMDB confirmed it - Lucas was a huge fan of the film apparently and paid homage to with the dianoga scene in the trash compactor mirroring a fight between two of the Robinson boys vs. an anaconda as well as the log-rolling of the AT-ST in ROTJ coming from a very similar log-roll trap the Robinsons spring on the pirates at the end of the movie.

Also, the director of SFR is Ken Annakin.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
jokershady
AG
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Going to see ESB in a couple of hours Will post a full review later.
double aught
AG
I've heard good things.
Urban Ag
AG
please remember to use spoiler tags
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
If you post any spoilers, I'll hunt you down ....
Decay
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

If you post any spoilers, I'll hunt you down ....
Han shot up dinner first
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
It had trailers for Black Widow, Maverick, and Tenet on it that I had previously not seen with updated release dates for all three.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
ESB made $175,000 on Friday at the box office. Expected to hit $400K-$500K this weekend.

https://ew.com/movies/the-empire-strikes-back-top-grossing-film-box-office-40-years-after-original-release/
TCTTS
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Taking my 14-year-old daughter at 3 today to see The Empire Strikes Back. This will be the first time she's even had an opportunity to see one of the OT on the big screen, as they are meant to be seen; she did get to see TPM and all of the ST on the big screen.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I guess these movies are kind of popular?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Also, I just realized the smaller theater in my town is playing ESB today as well. Only $2 a pop.

I know what I'm doing today.

(This will be my first ever theatrical experience for an OT movie!)
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
If you are COVID free and can make time, I would really recommend going to see Empire at your cinema. My brother and I had an absolute blast on Friday - there were only 4 other people there so we were able to talk at reasonable volume throughout, reminiscing and cracking jokes "Why does General Veers stand so close behind Vader on the Star Destroyer?"

Getting to watch it wall to wall with the person I have enjoyed Star Wars with my entire life felt really special. My brother and I probably saw each other 2-3 times a week when we were in our 20s and early 30s, but now we live 20-25 miles apart and always seem way too busy to make time outside of texts and email. We've talked about doing some sort of sci/fi - fantasy podcast for years but can never get the ball rolling.

Anyway, even better they showed the Special Edition, not the DVD version with Luke's long wail during the fall in Cloud City. Empire seems to have the least amount of stuff added, other than the cringy "Why didn't you use James Earl Jones' voice" for "Alert my Star Destroyer to prepare for my arrival"

We talked about what it felt like that first time in the theater when you realize that this little green gnome is actually Yoda, then seeing him lift the X-wing, then Vader's revelation. And about lesser moments that add so much to the mythos - Leia hearing Luke's call through the Force. Han Solo drawing down on Vader without a second's hesitation, Luke using the Force to move an object for the first time, etc.

And the brilliance and boldness of having the sequel to the most popular movie of all time having its main character mostly getting his ass kicked for 2 hours.
Decay
AG
COVID reminds me... is the only person who has any real health issue in the whole saga Padme dying of sad?

Anakin gets chopped and dropped, build a suit and bam he's fine.
Luke loses an arm, no big.
Grevious is like, a head in a jar and he's okay except for a cough.

Honestly unless you kill someone in combat, nothing kills anyone...?
redline248
AG
RIP Yoda old age
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Shmi Skywalker died presumably of getting starvation/dehydation.

Owen and Beru Lars died because the stormtrooper chef thought they ordered extra crispy instead of medium well.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Man I missed the theater!

Waiting on my showing to start.
First Page Last Page
Page 959 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.