Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,859,736 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 7 hrs ago by TCTTS
Cinco Ranch Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

You realize Disney didn't originate that story.
Yes. Like pretty much all their other stories.

I don't recall ever reading a Pocahontas story prior to seeing the Disney movie, much like I'd never read The Little Mermaid before seeing that movie. Dances With Wolves was a fantastic movie. Pocahontas was okay. Avatar was a steaming pile of crap (the ride at Animal Kingdom was fantastic, however).

It's just funny that you think Dances With Wolves was fantastic and Avatar sucked, yet they had very similar stories. You give one a pass and not the other.
I lost a lot of respect for James Cameron after Titanic (the social commentary was eye-rolling), and especially a documentary he attempted to make where he had supposedly unearthed an ornate box containing the bones of Christ (which would completely invalidate Christianity if true. Curiously, I don't recall the movie ever being released.

As for Avatar, it was a gorgeous looking movie with a typical realism in terms of hardware that he typically puts in his movies, like Aliens or The Abyss. The humans are BAD theme really irritated me. And I am reminded what I told a buddy that I saw Avatar with when we left the theater: I had felt like an observer from afar while watching that movie, whereas with something like The Empire Strikes Back, I felt as though I had actually been to a galaxy far, far away and was a part of the action.
YouBet
AG
I'm just glad we have like 6 more Avatar movies headed our way.

The best thing about Avatar is the Gosling SNL skit though. That thing is genius.
Ag Since 83
AG
PAPYRUS!!!!!!!
AliasMan02
AG
https://cosmicbook.news/disney-resetting-star-wars-erasing-last-jedi?fbclid=IwAR1KHJlforQ13KbrLlMI4ozOjrpEVS4P9pG36dWA0CNa0l4FyQf6B82xMR8

Fanboy clickbait saying that, essentially, Disney is going to pull a Dallas "it was all a dream" and cast aside the sequel trilogy. Substitute "alternate reality" for "dream," but... yeah.

Quote:

Getting back to the rumor, Doomock says that plans are in place to save the Star Wars franchise which involves the Abrams and Rian Johnson trilogy getting nullified.
It's claimed the Disney Star Wars Trilogy will be erased using a concept that was recently made canon in the Star Wars Rebels animated series.
"In the Season 4 episode 13 installment titled 'A World Between Worlds,' the concept of the Veil of The Force was introduced, a mystical dimension of The Force that connects all time and space," explains Doomcock. "I have received confirmation from two additional sources claiming that this is spot on -- that indeed LucasFilm realizes they have a massive problem on their hands, that the Star Wars franchise is all but dead, and despite Kathleen Kennedy's hatred of this idea, Lucasfilm is preparing to render the Sequel Trilogy null and void."
It's said that the events from The Force Awakens, Last Jedi, and Skywalker "will be removed from canon, isolated in their own alternate timeline and regarded as an Elseworlds-like installment under the label of Star Wars Legends."
So what Doomcock is explaining is that a Star Wars Multiverse will be created which will isolate the Disney Star Wars Trilogy as being a part of a separate universe that is not a part of the George Lucas original Star Wars films.

Funny thing is, if they're looking to create an alternate timeline for the franchise, the obvious guy to do that is JJ.
Ulrich
That's a worse idea than anything in the sequel trilogy.
bluefire579
AG
Ulrich said:

Agree. There's a wealth of material available in the universe. Get away from the Skywalker saga and move on to new stories in new eras. The movies weren't great, but they happened. Learn from your mistakes and apply those lessons toward the new ones
AliasMan02
AG
Ulrich said:

And what's more, they already gave into all of the anti-TLJ Internet fan theory stuff in TROS, and it didn't satisfy that crowd, so...
Urban Ag
AG
I don't know about any of that but if my name was Doomcock I'd have found a better calling than Star Wars fan gossip.
TCTTS
AG
Consider Cosmic Book News in the same category as We Got This Covered. In other words: known frauds who post nonsense trash from "sources" found only inside their own assh*les.

Don't believe a word of this.
TCTTS
AG
Same goes for Doomcock. He's the same POS who was proven wrong on all kinds of TROS bulls*t.

Rule of thumb: legitimate rumors NEVER come from YouTube.
Ulrich
AliasMan02 said:

Ulrich said:

And what's more, they already gave into all of the anti-TLJ Internet fan theory stuff in TROS, and it didn't satisfy that crowd, so...

I'm an avid hater of TLJ, but also TROS was a schizophrenic mess so... just move on. Stop addressing the turd Rian Johnson dropped, stop addressing the ADHD light show follow-up. Stop trying to make social justice points and stop trying to write a movie for fanboys.

Just make a good movie with a star wars ethic please.
AliasMan02
AG
TCTTS said:

Consider Cosmic Book News in the same category as We Got This Covered. In other words: known frauds who post nonsense trash from "sources" found only inside their own assh*les.

Don't believe a word of this.
Just digging deep for Star Wars topics on an Avatar thread in the middle of a pandemic.
jeffk
AG
Did we all just Doomcock-teased?!
TCTTS
AG
PatAg
AG
TCTTS said:

Same goes for Doomcock. He's the same POS who was proven wrong on all kinds of TROS bulls*t.

Rule of thumb: legitimate rumors NEVER come from YouTube.

It's also just such a poorly conceived concept, that would never make its way into a real movie. The only thing he might have right is a power struggle between Favreau and Kennedy. She's gotta go
jokershady
AG
Done with the first 4 episodes of s7 clone wars and the bad batch has got to be some of the most fun the writers had with these characters....was a great time!

Then watched e5 with the first time Ashoka has been back....that was underwhelming.

Still looking forward to the rest! Almost done!

And I'll add absolutely nothing has been spoiled for me regarding this series so I have no idea what's coming.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Best thing you'll see today.

jokershady
AG
I'm not crying you're crying!
redline248
AG
That was friggin awesome
YouBet
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

That was pretty incredible.
YouBet
AG
The Joker in me wants this multi-verse idea to be real just to watch the chaos from it.
Urban Ag
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

talk about a "wait for it" moment.

Awesome. Thanks for linking that.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Star Cinema Grille begins showing The Force Awakens on Friday!
bluefire579
AG
redline248
AG
Yeah, seems like a major oversight on Obi-Wan's part. He had to know where Anakin's mind was.
tk for tu juan
Flashdiaz
AG
redline248 said:

Yeah, seems like a major oversight on Obi-Wan's part. He had to know where Anakin's mind was.
Obi Wan didn't give in and let his woman die for the cause... he just expected too much from little Ani.
redline248
AG
Flashdiaz said:

redline248 said:

Obi Wan didn't give in and let his woman die for the cause... he just expected too much from little Ani.
Definitely.
jokershady
AG
Holy ***** Got 2 episodes left for the clone wars series and will be watching them with my boys tomorrow. They are ending this in a strong way!

Seeing Dryden Voss in episode 10 even if for a brief moment was a nice touch
The Dog Lord
AG
Ag Since 83 said:

Yeah I think if you one of the questions that bothers you is "is there really air on all these planets" the franchise isn't for you

Brian Earl Spilner
AG

God, this would've been awesome. Hell I almost got choked up just from this video.
gougler08
AG
So I finally finished up Clone Wars and wow, those last 4 episodes put together are better than all but 2 of the movies, that was outstanding
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

God, this would've been awesome. Hell I almost got choked up just from this video.
I really wish it had been that way too, with all of the voices represented, and Paplatine really seeing them.
The Collective
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Given all of the fan service, I'm not sure why they didn't do this.
ChipFTAC01
AG
I'm finally watching clone wars on Disney plus. I started with the movie where they meet ahoska and then moved I to the episodes dealing with the malevolence. Am I just missing them or are the earlier episodes from 2003 or so not on there?

Didn't I read that th clone wars eps aren't in the right order?
First Page Last Page
Page 958 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.