Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,858,502 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 46 min ago by TCTTS
Urban Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

My favorite new gif.

can't stop laughing.

immediately made me think of this classic

Dro07
AG
Wow the only one I didn't buy was Kenobi. All the other ones were spot on
TCTTS
AG
Yeah, Kenobi was a bit off, but the others were incredible.
jokershady
AG
His Kylo was perfect
TCTTS
AG

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/21/review-watching-star-wars-for-the-first-time-on-disney-plus.html
Ag Since 83
AG
I felt really sorry for that guy when he said "The green screen usage is too much" before he got to the prequels
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
This guys parents need to be arrested on child neglect for keeping him from seeing star wars growing up
double aught
AG
TCTTS said:

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/21/review-watching-star-wars-for-the-first-time-on-disney-plus.html
If you don't like Star Wars, fine. But that guy came across as a superior smug jackass.

Interesting read though. Thanks for the link.
The Collective
AG
First reply that shows up on Twitter summarizes my view.
TXAG 05
AG
He definitely went in with the attitude to not like it, he even said it was a badge of honor for him that he hadn't seen the movies. Thought it was funny that he complained about too many scenes with space battles in a movie series called Star Wars.
Ag Since 83
AG
Yeah I think if you one of the questions that bothers you is "is there really air on all these planets" the franchise isn't for you
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
"My six-year-old is complaining, "THIS IS BORING." I had really hyped this experiment up to him -- that we'd watch all the movies together. He lost interest after 15 minutes. "

I realize I'm 40 years older than this kid, but if I ever meet him, I will punch him straight in the face.

I had to stop reading when the guy said he was going to binge watch them. That's what made them so great - see the movie, then talk about it and think about it and imagine what would happen next for 2-3 years. **** this guy.
YouBet
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

"My six-year-old is complaining, "THIS IS BORING." I had really hyped this experiment up to him -- that we'd watch all the movies together. He lost interest after 15 minutes. "

I realize I'm 40 years older than this kid, but if I ever meet him, I will punch him straight in the face.

I had to stop reading when the guy said he was going to binge watch them. That's what made them so great - see the movie, then talk about it and think about it and imagine what would happen next for 2-3 years. **** this guy.
This kid will fail in life.
Keegan99
AG
YouBet said:

MuckRaker96 said:

This kid will fail in life.

fig96
AG
He had a few valid points interspersed, but if you're someone who doesn't like sci-fi and watches these after 40 years of hype this is the expected conclusion.

I do think it's interesting to hear his thoughts on TLJ as someone removed from the franchise. He hits on most of the story issues without the feelings that many who are really invested in these characters have.
Belton Ag
AG
I wear the fact that I haven't seen Avatar like it's a badge of honor. Also, I'm not a film critic.

Now, I'll go an watch it; who wants to read my review when I'm done?
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Belton Ag said:

I wear the fact that I haven't seen Avatar like it's a badge of honor. Also, I'm not a film critic.

Now, I'll go an watch it; who wants to read my review when I'm done?
Nah, I'll just save you the trouble - it's Dances With Wolves in space. And while it does feature some great visuals, the movie sucks ass.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Dances with Wolves sucked too? It was just the story of Pocahontas.
AGGies0311
Han Solo is being stripped of the medal he earned after destroying the first Death Star. It was discovered that Han had fought as an Imperial trooper in multiple campaigns.

**Sarcasm**
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Dances with Wolves sucked too? It was just the story of Pocahontas.
Nope. Given that DwW came out in 1990, and Pocohontas came out a few years later.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
You realize Disney didn't originate that story.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Yes. Like pretty much all their other stories.

I don't recall ever reading a Pocahontas story prior to seeing the Disney movie, much like I'd never read The Little Mermaid before seeing that movie. Dances With Wolves was a fantastic movie. Pocahontas was okay. Avatar was a steaming pile of crap (the ride at Animal Kingdom was fantastic, however).
fig96
AG
On a related note, there's a guy who goes by Jon Solo on YouTube that does videos on the origins of "well known" stories including a lot of Disney ones. It's eye opening to say the least.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCX03lOmgl3iRAzj8yPFxcVQ
jeffk
AG
How'd you feel about Ferngully though?
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Haven't seen that one.
jeffk
AG
I'm not going to recommend it. But it's basically animated Avatar.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Yeah, I'll go ahead and pass on that one.
jeffk
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

I don't recall ever reading a Pocahontas story prior to seeing the Disney movie, much like I'd never read The Little Mermaid before seeing that movie. Dances With Wolves was a fantastic movie. Pocahontas was okay. Avatar was a steaming pile of crap (the ride at Animal Kingdom was fantastic, however).

It's just funny that you think Dances With Wolves was fantastic and Avatar sucked, yet they had very similar stories. You give one a pass and not the other.
dave94
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

It's just funny that you think Dances With Wolves was fantastic and Avatar sucked, yet they had very similar stories. You give one a pass and not the other.

Dances with Wolves was way better acted and structured storywise. It was oscarworthy (although probably not the Best Picture of that year).

Avatar was amazing visually, but I've never rewatched it. DWW I have.
jokershady
AG
Whelp this thread took a turn....gonna have to watch more episodes of season 7 clone wars and post about it!
LPHA
AG
That's just batty.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Avatar was a hell of a lot better than that year's Best Picture. (The Hurt Locker)

That said, I would've given it to Inglorious Basterds.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
LPHA said:

That's just batty.
Context, so I can decide if I need to laugh at you instead of with you?
LPHA
AG
https://m.imdb.com/title/tt0104254/fullcredits/cast

It's a great movie if you watch it while being a kid in the early 90s.
First Page Last Page
Page 957 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.