Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,860,002 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by TCTTS
ChipFTAC01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
One of my favorite things about those books was the eventual uncovering on who the mole inside the imperial palace was. Both the identity and mechanics of their information gathering and then how the new republic leveraged that info.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Yoda does it again! After the best round of voting yet, Yoda continues to tear through the competition and has knocked out the #1 seed Duel of the Fates in decisive fashion. (Bracket results.)

This match was dead even for a while, until Yoda ran away with it late in the game.

With Yoda having also won the Quotes Tournament, this is certainly proving that people love them some Yoda. Could this be a dark horse to win it all?

Our three other matches were huge wins for the favorites, leaving the prequels out of the Final Four entirely. (Sad to see it happen.) At least Throne Room did manage almost 20%, which is a solid showing considering its competition.

MATCH #1 --
1. Duel of the Fates (36%) vs. 8. Yoda's Theme (64%)

MATCH #2 --
4. Star Wars Main Theme (94%) vs 5. Across the Stars (6%)

MATCH #3 --
2. Imperial March (81%) vs 7. The Throne Room / End Title (19%)

MATCH #4 --
3. Binary Sunset (Force Theme) (92%) vs 11. Princess Leia's Theme (8%)
YouBet
AG
On Zahns original trilogy, you almost have to consider that half-canon. Thrawn was such a great character he forced himself into canon anyway.

Has Talon Karrde been canonized? I loved his character too. He and Thrawn were the two best things about that trilogy. Karrde was basically the smuggler version of Thrawn. His ship was badass and he had force sensitive "dogs" as bodyguards!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Final Four - Vote here!

4. Star Wars Main Theme vs 8. Yoda's Theme

2. Imperial March vs 3. Binary Sunset (Force Theme)

Ag Since 83
AG
I think it's gonna take a Jedi mind trick to make me decide how to vote
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
One of my favorite easter eggs of all time.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Just for kicks, and to continue to show how amazing John Williams is, here are a few honorable mentions that barely missed the cut to make this tournament.

Begun the Clone War Has -- Technically just the Imperial March cue within the track "Confrontation with Count Dooku and Finale", but one of my favorite uses of it. The beginning of where we all know this is going. Got so excited when I first saw this.

Anakin's Betrayal (Order 66 scene.) -- The emotion is this track is amazing and haunting.

Enter Lord Vader -- Vader marches on the Jedi Temple

Into the Trap -- You know exactly what this is.

A New Alliance -- Buh-bye Snoke.

redline248
AG
I forgot about shadows of the empire. I liked that book. There is also one where Luke has to battle the spirit of an ancient Sith possessing one of his students, which is pretty good. Dark Apprentice, I think, is the title.
dave94
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I'd never noticed the musical cue there, very nice!
YouBet
AG
dave94 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

I'd never noticed the musical cue there, very nice!
What was ET saying?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
"Home!"
Karrde
AG
YouBet said:

On Zahns original trilogy, you almost have to consider that half-canon. Thrawn was such a great character he forced himself into canon anyway.

Has Talon Karrde been canonized? I loved his character too. He and Thrawn were the two best things about that trilogy. Karrde was basically the smuggler version of Thrawn. His ship was badass and he had force sensitive "dogs" as bodyguards!

Meh, Karrde was overrated.
TCTTS
AG
Exactly one year ago. So much hype. So much hope. A different world, in so many ways...

Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
TCTTS said:

Exactly one year ago. So much hype. So much hope. A different world, in so many ways...

I had a dream about a new Star wars movie last night featuring a younger Luke done through de-aging. I was disappointed it wasn't real when I woke up.

Seems like a good day to watch TROS again with my superfan though!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I will always associate that teaser with the experience of watching it in a crowded arena at Celebration, with the palpable excitement in the air. Then the huge reaction when Ian McDiarmid came on stage to say "Roll it again!" in a perfect Palpatine voice.

The movie itself may have disappointed, but that was a hell of a day and one awesome weekend.

(Still, I haven't rewatched it yet and I look forward to doing so.)
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Final Four - Results here.

Jedi Master Yoda comes to the end of his run, losing against the Main Theme by a margin of 90% - 10% . (Winning this would have been a Herculean task, but then again, size matters not.)

Meanwhile, in a result which may surprise many -- the Imperial March gets easily dispatched by the Force Theme, losing by a margin of 64% - 36%.

Godspeed to maybe the two most powerful beings in the galaxy - Darth Vader and Yoda.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
We come to it at last.

Championship Round - Vote here!

Binary Sunset (Force Theme)

vs

Star Wars Main Theme
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
The Imperial March rocks, but every person who ever dreamed of adventure beyond their current life identifies with Binary Sunset as the moment you thought "Damn, that's exactly how I feel."
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

One of my favorite things about those books was the eventual uncovering on who the mole inside the imperial palace was. Both the identity and mechanics of their information gathering and then how the new republic leveraged that info.
Yes! And when you re-read them, it's right there in front of you the whole time.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Looks like the championship round is gonna be a photo finish...
Quad Dog
AG
Just so you all know, every time I've voted for the Main Theme I've been voting for the version that Leia sings in the Christmas Special.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
And your winner of the Star Wars Tracks Tournament, by a narrow margin of 57% to 43%, is...

Binary Sunset!

Thanks for voting, everyone. If we have learned anything, it's that the music of Star Wars is amazing, iconic, and probably the best film score(s) in history. I leave you all with this...

Claude!
The correct winner.
fig96
AG
SO in.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
https://www.reddit.com/video/19jp6pszxbo41

Fantastic.
AgBQ-00
AG
Stumbled across this today. Apologies if already posted

Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
With the 80s movies thing about to wind down to manageable Elite 8, I will be reving up the Worst Quotes Bracket tonight.
TCTTS
AG

https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/stellan-skarsgard-and-kyle-soller-join-diego-luna-disney-plus-rogue-one-1234582265/
Dro07
AG
Rogue One spin off takes place during what time?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Ok, I'm officially excited for this series.
TCTTS
AG
In the years leading up to Rogue One.

It has to be prequel, considering the way Rogue One ended, and the fact that it stars one of the lead actors, who played major character in that movie, but died at the end. Thus, because they're likely not going to de-age Diego Luna back to his 20s or so, it basically has to take place somewhere in the five years or so before Rogue One.
Ulrich
Time moves backwards in the Star Wars universe. The farther we get into the franchise, the more "long ago" it gets.
Dro07
AG
Gotcha so we wont see any of Felicity Jones i take it then. If this gets a second season i can see Millie Brown possibly playing Leia if they want to go there but i doubt they will.
TCTTS
AG
Yeah, no FJ, but a Leia appearance isn't a bad idea. Surely they've got something up their sleeve along those lines.
redline248
AG
TCTTS said:

Yeah, no FJ, but a Leia appearance isn't a bad idea. Surely they've got something up their sleeve along those lines.
With the announcement of Ahsoka in Mandalorian I wouldn't be surprised to see her (or any of the cast from Rebels) in this one, too
First Page Last Page
Page 933 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.