Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,858,386 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 15 min ago by TCTTS
Malachi Constant
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

But I could be convinced.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
The Armorer could make a long run.

double aught
AG
This thread has come a long way from the TLJ/TROS wars.
YouBet
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

TCTTS said:

Lupita is "yuck"? Seriously? That woman is stunning. Should be the easiest upset of the entire tournament.
A lot of our voters seem to not see beauty outside of a certain dynamic. It is what it is.
Hey, I have no idea who this Lupita woman is but I don't find her attractive in that picture.

FTR, I've dated black women so color is not a barrier for me when it comes to beauty.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Not sure of the brackets, but pretty sure it's gonna come down to Natalie Portman vs Emilia Clarke.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I'm not sure which part is more ridiculous, that you don't know who she is or that you have to publicly state you've dated black people. Are you George Costanza hanging out with the exterminator who treats Jerry's apartment?
Chipotlemonger
AG
Well when people are off hand accusing him (and others) of blatant racism, that's not an unexpected response.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Chipotlemonger said:

Well when people are off hand accusing him (and others) of blatant racism, that's not an unexpected response.
I apologize to anyone who felt I was accusing them of blatant racism when I said "not see beauty outside of a certain dynamic".

Feel free to hang my username in effigy for this egregious attack on your character.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Just wanna say, Thandie Newton circa-2000 was so damn hot. Let's just say that she was part of my sexual awakening at age 12.

Also, the MI-2 soundtrack was about the greatest thing ever at the time. Limp Bizkit AND Metallica on one soundtrack?
TCTTS
TCTTS
AG
Even more timely now with the plot seeing Ethan Hunt & co try to stop the release of the deadly Chimera virus...
YouBet
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

I'm not sure which part is more ridiculous, that you don't know who she is or that you have to publicly state you've dated black people. Are you George Costanza hanging out with the exterminator who treats Jerry's apartment?
I also have black friends.

And, no, I don't know who she is. I'm not sure why I should. I probably actually know her from some move I've seen but I largely don't keep up with the names of actors and actresses who aren't super famous.
TV Casualty
AG
Carrie Fisher with the overall number one seed and the easiest bracket. Emilia Clarke as a number 2 seed?

The selection committee is really showing some bias in these rankings.

For Emilia Clarke you have to check out her whole body of work and not punish her for just having a bad ending to the season.

TXAG 05
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Not sure of the brackets, but pretty sure it's gonna come down to Natalie Portman vs Emilia Clarke.

Watch out for Keri Russell.
TCTTS
AG
- She won an Oscar for her role in "12 Years a Slave."

- She has sizable role in "Black Panther."

- She headlined Jordan Peele's "Us" last year.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Just wanna say, Thandie Newton circa-2000 was so damn hot. Let's just say that she was part of my sexual awakening at age 12.

Also, the MI-2 soundtrack was about the greatest thing ever at the time. Limp Bizkit AND Metallica on one soundtrack?
Coulda been Episode VI-1/2: The Sexual Awakening
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Only two ladies have achieved 100% of the vote through the first 16 hours of competition.

Farmer1906
AG
Cstrickland05 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Watch out for Keri Russell.
Nah.

Emilia is the clear choice for me. I understand why Portman would be for others. It'll be down to those two and anyone who watched GOT should vote correctly.
TXAG 05
AG
Haven't seen GOT, Emilia is cute but doesn't move the needle for me like Keri
fig96
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I started doing #MissionImpossibleMonday working from home this week and had similar thoughts about MI:2. Except the soundtrack doesn't quite hold up
TV Casualty
AG
Cstrickland05 said:

Haven't seen GOT, Emilia is cute but doesn't move the needle for me like Keri

Watch the first couple of seasons of Game of Thrones, the needle will definitely move.
redline248
AG
TV Casualty said:

Carrie Fisher with the overall number one seed and the easiest bracket. Emilia Clarke as a number 2 seed?

For Emilia Clarke you have to check out her whole body of work and not punish her for just having a bad ending to the season.

Emilia has no "bad end"

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
YouBet
AG
TCTTS said:

I've only seen Black Panther in this list.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/mandalorian-casts-terminator-star-michael-biehn-1286284

(Sorry if I missed this earlier.)

This cast is shaping up nicely!
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
YouBet said:

TCTTS said:

I've only seen Black Panther in this list.
What a racist.
Saxsoon
AG
TV Casualty said:

Whole Body
Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2012
Saxsoon
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2012
canadiaggie
AG
Saxsoon said:

MuckRaker96 said:

Oh **** no wonder she seemed familiar. Supernatural
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Unknown Actress Lupita Nyong'o Leads Charge Into Road to Jabba's Sweet 16

Lupita Nyong'o, who is apparently an actress in Hollywood, advanced to the Sweet 16 of the Road to Jabba's Palace on Wednesday. The 5th seed in the Jakku Region, defeated Laura Dern's #4 seeded Vice-Admiral Holdo 56.8%-43.2%.
"It's a thrill for sure to be recognized as hot by the good posters of TexAgs," Nyong'o, who has toiled in relative obscurity while making films such as The Force Awakens ($936 million domestic), Black Panther ($700 million), The Last Jedi ($620 million), The Rise of Skywalker ($515 million), and Us ($175 million). "Yes, I won an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress, but most people never watch the Oscars or something I guess."

She'll take on Jakku top seed Daisy Ridley, who was the only contestant to score 100% of the vote. Rey defeated Rose Tico (Kelly Marie Tran) in totally dominant form. "That's what you get when you mess with Rey Skywalker...Palpatine...what was the other one? Corona? Romano? Was my name going to be Corky Romano in the original script?"

#2 seed Keri Russell/Zori Bliss, which is only the 2nd best adult entertainment name in this tournament, handled the weird chick sitting with the big fat guy that rats out Rey and Finn and BB8 to the First Order by a 89.2%-10.8% count. She'll battle the hotter Tico sister, #3 Paige, who whipped #6 Brienne of Tarth by the exact same margin.

Over in the Stardust region, we had our first genuine upset, although I'm not sure comparing hot chicks has upsets, but whatever. #6 Emily Swallow - the runaway winner with best adult film actress name, handled #3 Gina Carano aka Cara Dune with 73% of the vote. That sets her up with a showdown with second-seeded Emilia Clarke, whose Q'ira might have been in the least popular movie, but has been naked enough on Game of Thrones to easily score a 91.9%-8.1% win over #7 Fennec Shand / Ming-Na Wen, the assassin who is doing something or other on the Mandalorian episode that's in Mos Eisley. And let me just tell you, Ag to Ag, and Emilia Clarke and Emily Swallow collaboration could outgross The Force Awakens in about 3 hours. The other matchup will pit #1 seed Jyn Erso vs. #4 Val (Thandie Newton). Felicity Jones got 97.3% of the vote, Val knocked off Natalia Tena with 75% of it.

Up in the Naboo-ty bracket, all the people you've never heard of plus Sofia Coppola, who i spent about 10 minutes trying to find a picture of her where her smile didn't look like Snagglepuss, were run over by the three you know really well and the only redeeming Sand Snake from Game of Thrones, aka the one that got naked.
So #1 Natalie Portman/Padme (a 97.3% winner) takes on #4 Keira Castle-Hughes (75.7%) in a battle of former Naboo Queens, while #2 Elizabeth Swann (another 97.3% winner) gets a very appealing in-my-mind hookup with fellow saucy lady Rose Byrne (86.1% winner).

There were no surprises in the Alderaan Region, where #2 seeded Oola was in just enough weird Internet fan art to defeat Zam Wessel 52.8%-47.2%. She'll take on spicy red-head Mara Jade, who whipped Aura Sing (yes, please) 66.7%-33.3%. Princess Leia took 97.3% of the vote just like her mother and the #1 seed will duke it out with #4 Ashley Eckstein, who if you have not seen her social media post, sounds like she didn't know they were even putting Ahsoka Tano in The Mandalorian, much less that she wasn't playing the role. Ouch.

Next round starts in the next 30 minutes or so. Thanks for voting! I have spoken.
TCTTS
AG
Incredible. Especially the Lupita intro.
YouBet
AG
Never heard of her and y'all are welcome.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Sweet 16 Voting is Nigh! I'm a little frightened what I'm going to do when I run out of contests and we're still practicing social distancing!

VOTE HERE

#1 Leia / Carrie Fisher vs. #4 Ahsoka Tano / Ashley Eckstein

VS.

#2 Oola / Femi Taylor vs. ##3 Mara Jade / Shannon McRandle

VS.

#1 Padme Amidala / Natalie Portman vs. #4 Queen of Naboo / Keisha Castle-Hughes

VS.

#2 Sabe / Keira Knightley vs. #3 Dorme / Rose Byrne

VS.

#1 Jyn Erso / Felicity Jones vs. #4 Val / Thandie Newton

VS.

#2 Q'ira / Emilia Clarke vs. #6 The Armorer / Emily Swallow

VS.

#1 Rey / Daisy Ridley vs. #5 Maz Kanta / Lupita Nyong'o

VS.

Zori Bliss / Keri Russell vs. #3 Paige Tico / Van Veronica Ngo

VS.

TCTTS
AG
Honestly surprised at how many "correct" choices made it through. I think I voted for every winner. In other words, excellent taste, everyone.
AliasMan02
AG
Couple of tough matchups this round.
First Page Last Page
Page 916 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.