Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,860,014 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by TCTTS
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Same. I don't they'll ever be as dark, but I don't think they'll be quite as kid-friendly either.
Flashdiaz
AG
Anakin didn't kill her... she lost the will to live.
Farmer1906
AG
TCTTS said:

Now you've got me thinking how amazing the Star Wars saga could be retold in a serious, adult, Game-of-Thrones-style across multiple seasons...
That would make Star Wars great again. Prequels might actually be worth watching.
Hagen95
AG
Farmer1906 said:

TCTTS said:

Now you've got me thinking how amazing the Star Wars saga could be retold in a serious, adult, Game-of-Thrones-style across multiple seasons...
That would make Star Wars great again. Prequels might actually be worth watching.
You would kill your merchandising sales if you narrow your platform down to adults only.
TCTTS
AG
Agreed, but considering this would be a remake, and they'll continue with the standard fare for years to come, something like this would be a nice side dish, not necessarily the main course.
TCTTS
AG
Speaking of, I think it's only a matter of a time before the Skywalker Saga is remade in some way, shape or form (be it movies or television). Questions is, how long from now is enough time? 20 years? 30 years?
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Farmer1906
AG
Hagen95 said:

Farmer1906 said:

TCTTS said:

You would kill your merchandising sales if you narrow your platform down to adults only.
Still an awesome idea.
Farmer1906
AG
TCTTS said:

Speaking of, I think it's only a matter of a time before the Skywalker Saga is remade in some way, shape or form (be it movies or television). Questions is, how long from now is enough time? 20 years? 30 years?
Its not even finished yet.

Would they remake them all? What order? Change(fix?) them?
veryfuller
Staff
AG
I think, in the current medium, it would be 50 years before they touch the original story. They MAYBE do a TV show, but I doubt it. I can see them remaking it in a new medium. Perhaps when virtual reality stories go wider.
TCTTS
AG
You have carte blanche in this theoretical remake. You can start the saga and end the saga whenever you want. You can do five movies or ten movies or however many movies. You can do multiple seasons of TV or a combination of film and TV. You run Lucasfilm in this scenario.
TCTTS
AG
Yeah, that's a good call. Probably whenever there's a big technological revolution again.
AliasMan02
AG
Hagen95 said:

Farmer1906 said:

TCTTS said:

Not if you go REALLY adult.
AliasMan02
AG
Also, a big budget reimagining of Star Wars a la Battlestar Galactica wouldn't be crazy in another couple of decades. Especially if big feature films really give way to in-home experience as the artistic center of gravity.
Hagen95
AG
Instead of wasting time and effort remaking it, how about just make a new saga with new characters and a great story?
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Hagen95 said:

Instead of wasting time and effort remaking it, how about just make a new saga with new characters and a great story?
KOTOR KOTOR KOTOR
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
TCTTS said:

They can start the day after I die
TCTTS
AG
Ha, what if Lucasfilm paid you to be in charge of the remake?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Sorry they gotta wait for me too.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
OnlyForNow said:

dude said at-ats and not A-Tee - A-Tee.

But OMG.... I just found out I'll be in Boca Raton next Dec. for a cousin's wedding and this is DEFINITELY going to turn into a family vacation.
"att att" is the correct pronunciation
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Collider is doing a fan poll to rank the 10 Star Wars movies.

Vote here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/75FXNTK
TCTTS
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Dude. ROTS at 9? Come on.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Solo that high is ridiculous.
TCTTS
AG
I've NEVER bought into the idea that ROTS is somehow a competent entry in the franchise. And upon my recent watch, it was ever worse than I remember. I guess people think it's "good" (or the best of the prequels, rather) because it's the darkest of the bunch, has Anakin finally breaking bad, fighting with Obi-Wan, etc, but IMO, it's truly unbearable. The opening sequence is terrible, the love story/break up is terrible, the Anakin/Obi-Wan fight is a ridiculous CGI mess, and everything in between is horribly acted, written, and directed. It's such a flat movie that plays like it was written by a "broody" 13-year-old.

Solo, on the other hand is a fun-as-hell adventure with a fantastic, clever ending. It just looks amazing as well. I love every second of that movie.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Sex Panther
AG
The Last Jedi over Return of the Jedi???

Bruuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhh
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Don't recall if this was my exact vote, but

1. Empire Strikes Back
2. Revenge of the Sith
3. A New Hope
4. Rogue One
5. Return of the Jedi
6. The Force Awakens
7. The Phantom Menace
8. The Last Jedi
9. Attack of the Clones
10. Solo
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
TCTTS
AG
Sex Panther said:

Bruuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhh

Ha, when was the last time you actually watched Return of the Jedi? I would have been just as up in arms over this ranking a couple months ago, but in rewatching it since then, it was waaaaay worse than I remembered. Don't get me wrong, ROTJ is absolutely more iconic than TLJ, has better characters, etc, but man, even the parts I thought were good were mediocre at best, and everything else was prequel-level crap, except without all the CGI. I was so disappointed and honestly kind of depressed after I rewatched it.
Sex Panther
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Don't recall if this was my exact vote, but

2. Revenge of the Sith
3. A New Hope

What the **** is happening in this thread??
TCTTS
AG
Please tell me you're doing this just to *****with me/us. You're ACTUALLY putting ROTS over one of the most iconic and influential blockbusters of all time??? The Empire Strikes Back is probably one of my top five movies of all time, but upon my recent rewatch of A New Hope, I thought it was so good I almost put it number one. It's damn near perfect and ROTS is sooooo bad.
double aught
AG
TCTTS said:

Sex Panther said:

Bruuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhh

Ha, when was the last to you actually watched Return of the Jedi? I would have been just as up in arms over this ranking a couple months ago, but in rewatching it since then, it was waaaaay worse than I remembered. Don't get me wrong, ROTJ is definitely more iconic than TLJ, but man, even the parts I thought were good were mediocre at best, and everything else was prequel-level crap, except without all the CGI.

First Page Last Page
Page 860 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.