Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,859,255 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by TCTTS
YouBet
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TCTTS said:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/marvel-s-kevin-feige-developing-star-wars-movie-disney-1243481

Quote:

Some see this move as a prelude to a larger role for Feige within Lucasfilm, while others say it merely reflects the Marvel executive's passion for the franchise. A top Disney source says Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy remains in charge with no plans for any changes. One knowledgeable source says Feige has told a major actor that there's a specific role he would like that person to play when and if he makes the movie.

Well, this is fascinating.

So, Feige is known massive Marvel fan who had crap tons of material to pull from.

Does this mean the EU is back in play so he has material to pull from or is he going to go the scratch route?
TCTTS
AG
Sounds like, for now, it's just one idea/movie. So probably something original. And then maybe if this is a success, perhaps he'll take a more active oversight role in some capacity.
Ulrich
This feels like a recipe for Kennedy and Feige to butt heads.
Flashdiaz
AG
they'll butt heads when Feige suggests a general framework for a story arc that span across movies
TCTTS
TCTTS
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Any ideas what his movie might be?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Obi-Wan and Yoda woulda been getting his key for the Jedi Temple and kicking his ass to the curb, not make it the happy time smile hour because he broke his vows.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Agreed.
The Collective
AG
Saw this comment on a youtube video I watched about the Feige news.

Feige : You couldn't live with your own failure. Where did that bring you? Back to me.
The Collective
AG
If Brie Larson shows up in Star Wars, I'm going to be so bitter though.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG

Quote:

One knowledgeable source says Feige has told a major actor that there's a specific role he would like that person to play when and if he makes the movie.

Maybe it's a pre-prequels era film and he's going to de-age Sam Jackson again to play young Mace Windu.
redline248
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

Quote:

One knowledgeable source says Feige has told a major actor that there's a specific role he would like that person to play when and if he makes the movie.

Maybe it's a pre-prequels era film and he's going to de-age Sam Jackson again to play young Mace Windu.
Always wanted a "Does Master Yoda look like a b-tch?"
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

Quote:

So in.
TCTTS
AG
That would actually make a ton of sense...
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Saxsoon
AG
Olsen said:

I didn't know Feige has time work on Star Wars at all. I assume handling Marvel already keeps his hands full.

But he doesn't have time for Spider-Man according to Sony.
Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2012
TCTTS
AG
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
It's not coming to Switch, so meh. Looks fun and I'd probably buy it if it was.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

Hamill!
double aught
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I don't get it.
AliasMan02
AG
C@LAg said:

i was going to post that earlier, but did not know if many cared.

definitely looking forward to it, as I think it is the only video game I am picking up this holiday season.

Definitely. A Tomb Raider style Jedi game is a great marriage.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Anakin is seeing what his life could have been, in his dying moments.
Living Legend
AG
TCTTS said:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/marvel-s-kevin-feige-developing-star-wars-movie-disney-1243481

Quote:

Some see this move as a prelude to a larger role for Feige within Lucasfilm, while others say it merely reflects the Marvel executive's passion for the franchise. A top Disney source says Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy remains in charge with no plans for any changes. One knowledgeable source says Feige has told a major actor that there's a specific role he would like that person to play when and if he makes the movie.

What does it mean to produce or executive produce a TV Show or film?

What do these people actually do?
TCTTS
AG
Producer and executive producer have somewhat different roles in film vs. TV, but overall, think of a producer almost like GM in a sports franchise. The producer is often the one role/job in place from the beginning to the end, from before pre-production to after the movie hits theaters. They oversee the entire thing, from financing to hiring the crew to helping out creatively, etc. In the same way the head coach leads the team, the director leads the production, but the GM/producer is there kind of overseeing the whole thing, acting as a go-between with the owners, etc.
Farmer1906
AG
The MCU is amazing. Let's keep it that way. I don't think Star Wars comes back to greatness without some major rebooting and/or reconning. I just can't see that happening.
TCTTS
AG
Huh? Are you suggesting that Feige's involvement with a single Star Wars movie means the MCU will suffer? So he can develop like ten MCU movies at a time, along with five or more MCU Disney+ series, but add one Star Wars movie to the mix and the MCU suddenly won't be "amazing" anymore? That doesn't make much sense.

Also, after Episode IX, Star Wars *is* effectively "rebooting." The Skywalker Saga will be complete, they're taking three years off cinematically, and all movies from then out will be completely new stories, essentially untethered to what has come before. This will be the biggest franchise shift in its 40+ years of existence.
Farmer1906
AG
Not at all. I probably wasn't clear. I don't want him taking Kennedy's role for Star Wars. One more is probably going to be cool.
TCTTS
AG
Gotcha. I would be SHOCKED if he ever took over for Kennedy. I just can't see that happening, at least not any time soon. Maybe in a decade or so, sure. But I honestly see him retiring before taking on another franchise in the capacity he is now.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I could see Favreau or JJ getting that gig. Maaaybe Filoni.
TCTTS
AG
With his blockbuster new deal, J.J. is locked into Warner Bros for years. But yeah, I could definitely see Favreau in that role. That said, my guess is they don't go with an actual filmmaker because a filmmaker like Favreau will always want to continue writing/directing, which would require huge stretches away from the day-to-day of Lucasfilm. The ideal candidate is another Feige-like producer, one who has a decent amount of experience, but is on just the right upward trajectory to take over, hungry and passionate, and make this his/her only priority for the next 10-15 years, at least.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
TCTTS said:

With his blockbuster new deal, J.J. is locked into Warner Bros for years. But yeah, I could definitely see Favreau in that role. That said, my guess is they don't go with an actual filmmaker because a filmmaker like Favreau will always want to continue writing/directing, which would require huge stretches away from the day-to-day of Lucasfilm. The ideal candidate is another Feige-like producer, one who has a decent amount of experience, but is on just the right upward trajectory to take over, hungry and passionate, and make this his/her only priority for the next 10-15 years, at least.
FIne, I'll do it.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I could see Favreau or JJ getting that gig. Maaaybe Filoni.

Of those three, Filoni should get it. Then give Faverau more projects. Everyone wins.
First Page Last Page
Page 855 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.