Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,859,500 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by TCTTS
Gigem314
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Malachi Constant
AG
"I will finish what you started, grandfather."
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Ghostwriting a business book today and using wholesale Star Wars examples to illustrate how storytelling is better than fact-telling because of the emotions involved.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
https://screenrant.com/star-wars-9-force-awakens-plan-last-jedi-retcon/amp/
redline248
AG
Quote:

The story that we're telling, the story that we started to conceive when we did The Force Awakens was allowed to continue. Episode VIII didn't really derail anything that we were thinking about.

Could that be because,
Quote:

While Abrams did sketch out drafts for the other movies, a case can be made he didn't have anything exact in mind for where the story should go.

I'm also not sure I believe the plan was always to bring back Palps. Maybe they thought about it in the beginning, but then what was the point of Snoke? Just someone to blame for Kylo's turn?

Quote:

the best thing for Abrams to do is to just follow The Last Jedi and build off what Johnson did.

You mean rebuild the entire f-ing resistance bc TLJ decimated it?
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
The resistance is no less decimated than the Alliance was at the end of A New Hope - the Falcon 2 Xwings and a Ywing.

The upcoming comics have Leia going to Mon Cal to try to rally them in wake of Ackbar's death, so hopefully they'll be back in the fight.
redline248
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

The resistance is no less decimated than the Alliance was at the end of A New Hope - the Falcon 2 Xwings and a Ywing.

The upcoming comics have Leia going to Mon Cal to try to rally them in wake of Ackbar's death, so hopefully they'll be back in the fight.

That was the attacking force. None of the cruisers, frigates, etc that we saw in Rogue One. I doubt they sent every fighter on Yavin to attack, either. Plus, they had a ton more people left.
redline248
AG
By the way, I predict the resistance uses star destroyers against the first order. That shot from the D23 trailer looks like a place someone parked a bunch of mothballed or reserve destroyers, and none of them have crews.
TCTTS
AG
Rumor is, that's Palpatine's fleet that he's either kept in waiting or has been amassing in secret. But yeah, I love the idea of the Resistance somehow commandeering a few them. In fact, based on the trailer, with Finn and Jannah seemingly being the ones who discover the fleet, and Finn's background with the First Order, that could be a great plot line for him - heading up a covert commandeering effort. In fact, Finn being the one to ultimately use his former employers' ships and weapons against them is just too perfect. Count that as my prediction.
redline248
AG
I figure that's the rumor, bc most people see old destroyers and put that with Palpatine back and just think it adds up.

However, first order already has ships. Resistance needs ships. What better way to get some? Maybe some Bothan spies learn the location of the Empire's secret stockpile that has been left unguarded.

And as you said, from that trailer it looks like Finn is looking up at them. Do we really need another scene if him sneaking up on some enemy ships in a cloaked transport? Just makes sense to me
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
To be fair, none of that existed in 1977.
Ag Since 83
AG
If it's a fleet of abandoned/lost ships in the middle of nowhere, I hope they call it the Dark Force
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Ag Since 83 said:

If it's a fleet of abandoned/lost ships in the middle of nowhere, I hope they call it the Dark Force

Flagship - Eye of Palpatine
redline248
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

What's the time frame between end of New Hope and opening of Empire? Rebels evacuate Hoth with more than 4 fighters and a freighter.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
redline248 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

What's the time frame between end of New Hope and opening of Empire? Rebels evacuate Hoth with more than 4 fighters and a freighter.
I used to know this, but I think it was maybe a year? Longer than what many thought at the time of Empire's release.
TCTTS
AG
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Rick McCallum put on more weight during the prequels than i did while living across the street from a Starbucks and a baskin Robbins.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
So ya'll are going to start bashing The Phantom Menace again?

I suggest you listen to Kylo Ren and ... "Let the past die"
TCTTS
AG
I never stopped.
YouBet
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

I suggest you listen to Kylo Ren and ... "Let the past die"
It died with me when I walked into my media room and found my hound with the TPM blu-ray in his mouth broken in half.

I was mad for about 3 seconds and then I patted him on the head and told him to carry on.

I must have subconsciously left it out.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
It took me a while to come to this conclusion, but TPM > TLJ.
TCTTS
AG
I somehow want to argue both sides of this and I think you just broke my brain.
Fenrir
It really shouldn't be that hard. There is not a single section of TLJ as good as the maul fight.
The Collective
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

I do this every day, sir /Fran
Ulrich
TCTTS said:

Rumor is, that's Palpatine's fleet that he's either kept in waiting or has been amassing in secret. But yeah, I love the idea of the Resistance somehow commandeering a few them. In fact, based on the trailer, with Finn and Jannah seemingly being the ones who discover the fleet, and Finn's background with the First Order, that could be a great plot line for him - heading up a covert commandeering effort. In fact, Finn being the one to ultimately use his former employers' ships and weapons against them is just too perfect. Count that as my prediction.

I wrote this fanfic in 2004.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
TXAG 05
AG
Fenrir said:

It really shouldn't be that hard. There is not a single section of TLJ as good as the maul fight.

But that is also probably the best part about the entire prequels.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
TXAG 05
AG
How much does that cost? $Texas?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
$700 per reddit
amercer
AG
Fenrir said:

There's also nothing else in TPM as good as TLJ.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The podrace is about 1000x better than the Canto Bight chase sequence.
amercer
AG
Eh. Canto Bright was no cinematic wonder, but I can't rewatch any little orphan Ani scene without cringing.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
amercer said:

Eh. Canto Bright was no cinematic wonder, but I can't rewatch any little orphan Ani scene without cringing.
The Canto Bight sequence was full of all kinds of earthly leftist wet dreams - rich people bad, war exists only to fill rich people's pockets, garbage like that. Anakin was a kid, seemed to me he behaved and talked like a kid, and he was no orphan in TPM.
amercer
AG
I guess what's weird here is that you see some ominous current leftist policy messaging in this.

Corrupt rich/powerful people have been the bad guys in entertainment since the Greeks started doing plays in amphitheaters.

First Page Last Page
Page 848 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.