Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,858,712 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by TCTTS
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
GiveEmHellBill
AG
There is going to be a tropical storm (maybe hurricane) hit Florida the weekend that Galaxy's Edge opens in Disney World.

Wow.

The Collective
AG
GiveEmHellBill said:

There is going to be a tropical storm (maybe hurricane) hit Florida the weekend that Galaxy's Edge opens in Disney World.

Typical Disney always going with the super weapon trope.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
GiveEmHellBill said:

Wow.

I kind of feel like you don't know where Disney World is located in Florida.

Forecast for Saturday there is 87 degrees with a 50% chance of rain and wind gusts up to THIRTEEN MILES PER HOUR!

How will Galaxy's Edge survive this apocalypse?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I'm in the exact path the hurricane would take to get to Orlando, and there is no danger whatsoever to Disney World. We're gonna get plenty of rain, which means.... absolutely no change from the daily thunderstorms we already have.
Zemira
AG
While I agree with your assessment of the projected path, hurricanes don't always go were you think they will go.

Also if you are flying in and out of Florida, what about when to flights get cancelled before and after the hurricane?

My parents had plans to fly out of Houston to California a few days after Harvey hit the Texas coast. They knew the hurricane was going to be a problem so they wanted to make sure they could make California since the hurricane didn't effect them. Ended up they had to drive to Dallas to catch a flight, because the airlines had most of the flights to and from Houston cancelled after the Hurricane.

Disney might not see a drop of rain, but a hurricane hitting the state will impact logistics of people attending.
Belton Ag
AG
GiveEmHellBill said:

Wow.

Why don't we just nuke it.

/Trump
The Collective
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The Collective
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I'm in the exact path the hurricane would take to get to Orlando, and there is no danger whatsoever to Disney World. We're gonna get plenty of rain, which means.... absolutely no change from the daily thunderstorms we already have.

Right now, NOAA NHC guidance has a hurricane right around Kissimmee on Monday afternoon. I'd say that would have a pretty large impact on WDW parks. That's not a guarantee obviously, but it is still a bit early to say it won't impact Labor Day activities at the parks.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Well, I think there will be very heavy rains and maybe 40 mph winds? But that's worst case. Lake Buena Vista is pretty far inland, about 80 miles, so the town where I live (right on the coast) would get the brunt of the winds.

But, my point is I don't think the park will close.

But it will probably affect travel for a lot of people. That part sucks.
The Collective
AG
Not to make this a storm thread, but...
East to west moving hurricanes do not weaken that much moving across the Florida peninsula. There will be hurricane force winds felt inland if the scenario that is being forecast right now holds true. It's an unfortunate reality; hope it doesn't play out that way. I'm still guessing well south though, just feels like it is trending that way at each model run.
dave94
AG
Star Wars nerd + weather nerd = I love Texags
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
How and when did Han become a general?

He was a captain in Empire and a general in ROTJ.

Did he get promoted while frozen in carbonite?
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
On Friday, John Williams is releasing an album of his music with the sensational violinist Anne-Sophie Mutter from Germany who is crazy talented. She's playing violin solo on several of his most famous works including several from SW - Across the Stars, Rey's Theme, Yoda's Theme , and Luke and Leia.

They released Yoda's Theme on YouTube and Apple Music and I can't stop listening to it.

redline248
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

How and when did Han become a general?

He was a captain in Empire and a general in ROTJ.

Did he get promoted while frozen in carbonite?

He got promoted (off screen) when they asked him to lead the raiding mission to Endor. Even Leia was surprised. "General, count me in."
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
That's fantastic.

Rey's Theme is great too.

And was looking for Across The Stars, and came across this live version.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
https://www.abcactionnews.com/news/state/star-wars-galaxys-edge-reaches-capacity-minutes-after-opening-at-walt-disney-worlds-hollywood-studios

Here we go...
Belton Ag
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

https://www.abcactionnews.com/news/state/star-wars-galaxys-edge-reaches-capacity-minutes-after-opening-at-walt-disney-worlds-hollywood-studios

Here we go...
Neat deal, but also in your link Florida Man strikes again!
The Collective
AG
Wait, I thought this was going to be a massive failure...
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
4 am this morning. (Not mine, from reddit.)

The Collective
AG
Makes my brain hurt even thinking about that kind of crowd at Hollywood Studios.
The Collective
AG
We were at a friend's house for dinner last night, and Star Wars came up somehow (don't remember the context). Friend's wife says, "I really liked the little blonde girl in Star Wars - she is my favorite character". I'm totally like huh, so I start asking questions. I realize this is the movie she is talking about:

I think there is a pretty good chance that she has only seen that movie and Episode I after asking her what else she remembers about Star Wars.
dave94
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
This is what I'm expecting when I get there at Thanksgiving.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Turns out they'll be doing a reservation system like they did in Anaheim, where you have to go in the app and get a "boarding time" the day you visit.

Unless you have any reservation for inside the park. (Oga's Cantina, build-a-droid, etc.), in which case you can go in an hour ahead of your reservation.

I do my have my Oga's reservation for 6 pm next Saturday, so I can go in at 5 pm. I'm hoping that'll be enough time to check everything out (and ride Smuggler's Run) before closing.
TCTTS
AG

https://www.slashfilm.com/kenobi-series-timeline-set-eight-years-after-revenge-of-the-sith/
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Turns out they'll be doing a reservation system like they did in Anaheim, where you have to go in the app and get a "boarding time" the day you visit.

Unless you have any reservation for inside the park. (Oga's Cantina, build-a-droid, etc.), in which case you can go in an hour ahead of your reservation.

I do my have my Oga's reservation for 6 pm next Saturday, so I can go in at 5 pm. I'm hoping that'll be enough time to check everything out (and ride Smuggler's Run) before closing.

Going the first weekend in November. Hoping the crowds die down by then.

Already have reservations to build a lightsaber and droid.
bangobango
AG
Theory after reading some of Abrams's comments on Palpatine. Just want to get it documented for posterity:

Palpatine is a force ghost and he and Luke have a force battle as force ghosts. Abrams's attempt to make-up for Rian's ****-up.
Flashdiaz
AG
Sounds too forced
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
I like Muckrakers ending better than that bangobango.

If Kylo ( even if he isn't back to the light) just at the end takes out palpatine and even dies in the process, the circle is complete.
redline248
AG
Sarduakar said:

I like Muckrakers ending better than that bangobango.

If Kylo ( even if he isn't back to the light) just at the end takes out palpatine and even dies in the process, the circle is complete.
Who is the hero of this saga, Kylo or Rey?
veryfuller
Staff
AG
I had this theory a few pages back. In TLJ it was shown that force ghosts can impact the material world, so he can still be some sort of physical threat.
First Page Last Page
Page 847 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.