Star Wars Discussion Thread

3,179,602 Views | 30677 Replies | Last: 18 hrs ago by YouBet
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
exitone
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This makes sense..... we should have seen this coming.

"Age of Republic" (Prequels)
"Age of Rebellion" (Original Trilogy)
"Age of Resistance" (Recent Movies)

This is a franchise that they bought for 100 years ideally. Trilogies will still be cranked out for another 30 years if they handle this wisely. They will need to refer to each trilogy, this is how they plan on doing it. I like it. Will be hard to get used to though.
SoulSlaveAG2005
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Good thing we already crowd sourced them a script.
CJS4715
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Damn. I just got on here to see the news. Holy fook
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Force adept individuals can use the force without being trained to use it. Leia heard Luke because she was a force user. Anakin could pod race bc he was a force user

That is all
twilly
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
twilly
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
More details dropping about the STAR WARS Hotel at DW.
CONCEPT ART: Full Tour and Floor Plans for the Star Wars Hotel Coming to Walt Disney World







MuckRaker96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If that hotel is a hit, you'd think Paramount would build an Enterprise and let the Trekkies burn out their Kirk/Picard fantasies for $10,000 a night.
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Confirmation that they're losing the episode numbers altogether. I was also curious as to how the movies would be presented, order-wise. For instance, would Rogue One be listed before A New Hope? But it looks like they're keeping it simple and doing saga movies first followed by the "Story" movies, which is to be expected...

Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So annoying. Would it kill them to at least have the episode numbers sort of watermarked behind the titles?
YouBet
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

So annoying. Would it kill them to at least have the episode numbers sort of watermarked behind the titles?
Agreed. That is going to be confusing for new viewers.
YouBet
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:


What is Galaxy's Edge on this timeline? There is a show/movie in addition to theme park?
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
When you're at the park, the events taking place around you are part of an overall story. And that story is post-TLJ, pre-TROS.
AliasMan02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
YouBet said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:


What is Galaxy's Edge on this timeline? There is a show/movie in addition to theme park?

There's a general plot associated with the park.
MuckRaker96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AliasMan02 said:

YouBet said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:


What is Galaxy's Edge on this timeline? There is a show/movie in addition to theme park?

There's a general plot associated with the park.
And that plot is "I hope you like long lines!"
YouBet
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Interesting. I must have missed that. Thanks.
AliasMan02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

AliasMan02 said:

YouBet said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:


What is Galaxy's Edge on this timeline? There is a show/movie in addition to theme park?

There's a general plot associated with the park.
And that plot is "I hope you like long lines!"
Lines have been notably short and the part not that crowded though, right?
Belton Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AliasMan02 said:

MuckRaker96 said:

AliasMan02 said:

YouBet said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:


What is Galaxy's Edge on this timeline? There is a show/movie in addition to theme park?

There's a general plot associated with the park.
And that plot is "I hope you like long lines!"
Lines have been notably short and the part not that crowded though, right?
Notably short is a stretch, shorter than expected maybe would be a better word. But yes on the not that crowded part. I was pretty comfortable with the amount of people that were there, and the rest of the parks were not that bad.

The line for the Millenium Falcon ride is fairly long, 60 minutes or more usually, but there are switchbacks that stretch into the back part of the park they have available to use for longer lines. These were not being used when we were there.
MuckRaker96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
When we went in June the line for the falcon was 55 mins the line for th ed cantinas was 45 mins you couldn't walk 2 steps in the big gift store without running into someone and there were 77 people in line at the mill stand according to my math whiz.. that was all at 9pm
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We're going to Disney the most popular week of the year...right after Christmas
YouBet
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That Mandalorian trailer is GOOD.
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
http://instagr.am/p/B1kLYnrgywq
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
hurleyag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That ending!
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
MuckRaker96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
They revealed today that the Star Wars hotel is not really a hotel but a 2-day, 2-night inclusive experience in which you can help pilot the cruiser, train with a lightsaber, and help fight off an attack by the First Order. They're going to set up a whole thing at the airport in Orlando where you board a "shuttle" with LED lights where the windows are so you get the experience of flying up to the cruiser. You can wear SW-esque clothes at the hotel, there are going to be character interactions, and according to what I read, there are lots of areas to explore in the lower decks, that can augment your experience and let you figure out lots of other cool stuff to really make it into a sort of Total Recall experience - minus the 3-boobed hooker. Obviously you can come and go as you please, but you can also take another shuttle with the LED lights that takes you to Galaxy's Edge, making it like you're taking a shuttle down to the planet. Sounds like it will be out of most of our price ranges (at least those with kids), but sounds pretty amazing.
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sounds like a great way to spend a drunk 2 days.
Sex Panther
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This isn't designed by a company called Delos is it?
YouBet
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

They revealed today that the Star Wars hotel is not really a hotel but a 2-day, 2-night inclusive experience in which you can help pilot the cruiser, train with a lightsaber, and help fight off an attack by the First Order. They're going to set up a whole thing at the airport in Orlando where you board a "shuttle" with LED lights where the windows are so you get the experience of flying up to the cruiser. You can wear SW-esque clothes at the hotel, there are going to be character interactions, and according to what I read, there are lots of areas to explore in the lower decks, that can augment your experience and let you figure out lots of other cool stuff to really make it into a sort of Total Recall experience - minus the 3-boobed hooker. Obviously you can come and go as you please, but you can also take another shuttle with the LED lights that takes you to Galaxy's Edge, making it like you're taking a shuttle down to the planet. Sounds like it will be out of most of our price ranges (at least those with kids), but sounds pretty amazing.
I'll do a 401k loan if I have to.
austin08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
I bet it's a vision. Controlled by Palpatine
AliasMan02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

They revealed today that the Star Wars hotel is not really a hotel but a 2-day, 2-night inclusive experience in which you can help pilot the cruiser, train with a lightsaber, and help fight off an attack by the First Order. They're going to set up a whole thing at the airport in Orlando where you board a "shuttle" with LED lights where the windows are so you get the experience of flying up to the cruiser. You can wear SW-esque clothes at the hotel, there are going to be character interactions, and according to what I read, there are lots of areas to explore in the lower decks, that can augment your experience and let you figure out lots of other cool stuff to really make it into a sort of Total Recall experience - minus the 3-boobed hooker. Obviously you can come and go as you please, but you can also take another shuttle with the LED lights that takes you to Galaxy's Edge, making it like you're taking a shuttle down to the planet. Sounds like it will be out of most of our price ranges (at least those with kids), but sounds pretty amazing.


Price is rumored at 3300 for one person, but I bet adding another adult and two kids is less than that because you already have the room.

At one point they talked about this being all inclusive, and I'm sure there are other perks and exclusives.

Don't get me wrong. It's a lot of money, but people do way dumber stuff for more money than that. If this is your Superbowl and a once in a lifetime experience, it's not crazy. I'd drop 5k for hotel and great tickets to see the Ags play for a CFP championship, no questions asked. This seems like the same sort of zone.
amercer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sex Panther said:

This isn't designed by a company called Delos is it?


Not much of a rind on you
MuckRaker96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AliasMan02 said:

MuckRaker96 said:

They revealed today that the Star Wars hotel is not really a hotel but a 2-day, 2-night inclusive experience in which you can help pilot the cruiser, train with a lightsaber, and help fight off an attack by the First Order. They're going to set up a whole thing at the airport in Orlando where you board a "shuttle" with LED lights where the windows are so you get the experience of flying up to the cruiser. You can wear SW-esque clothes at the hotel, there are going to be character interactions, and according to what I read, there are lots of areas to explore in the lower decks, that can augment your experience and let you figure out lots of other cool stuff to really make it into a sort of Total Recall experience - minus the 3-boobed hooker. Obviously you can come and go as you please, but you can also take another shuttle with the LED lights that takes you to Galaxy's Edge, making it like you're taking a shuttle down to the planet. Sounds like it will be out of most of our price ranges (at least those with kids), but sounds pretty amazing.


Price is rumored at 3300 for one person, but I bet adding another adult and two kids is less than that because you already have the room.

At one point they talked about this being all inclusive, and I'm sure there are other perks and exclusives.

Don't get me wrong. It's a lot of money, but people do way dumber stuff for more money than that. If this is your Superbowl and a once in a lifetime experience, it's not crazy. I'd drop 5k for hotel and great tickets to see the Ags play for a CFP championship, no questions asked. This seems like the same sort of zone.
The odds of an actual space cruiser from another galaxy landing in Orlando are significantly higher than A&M playing for the title in football.
Page 846 of 877
 
×
Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.