Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,860,137 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 9 hrs ago by TCTTS
aggiemom428
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm hoping to stay a little past our reservation tonight so we can watch the fireworks over the Falcon...I'll let you know of we experience any Imperial entanglements.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Hah, this is great.

The Collective
AG
aggiemom428 said:

I'm hoping to stay a little past our reservation tonight so we can watch the fireworks over the Falcon...I'll let you know of we experience any Imperial entanglements.

Hope you made it out of the trash compactor.
OnlyForNow
AG
Those interactions look so fun and cool.

I hope they don't get burned out.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
BMX Bandit
aggiemom428 said:

Just checked in at Launch Bay for our 8-12 Galaxy's Edge reservation. We have a second reservation from 5-9 PM tonight. You can follow my experience on Instagram- girlwiththestarwarspurse. May the Force Be With You!
any pics to post? (your instagram is private)
aggiemom428
AG
Made it back to Texas late last night. I will post my thoughts and some pictures (if I can figure that out) later today. But, Galaxy's Edge was everything I wanted it to be and I was able to do everything I wanted while we were on Batuu, including piloting the Falcon twice! It was incredible and I can't wait to go back.
aggiemom428
AG
Thursday was my trip to Batuu with my mother-in-law (the other Disney expert of the family). We had 2 reservations for the day: 8am-noon (through the hotel) and 5-9pm. We joined the line into GE about 7:40 on Thursday morning; we were basically in the middle of the pack.
When they let us in to GE, we headed straight back to the Falcon where we found Chewie. I took a selfie with him and gave him a hug and tried not to cry. After that, we decided to get in line for Smuggler's Run because it was a 5 minute wait. I got to be the right-side pilot on our first ride. It was amazing! My MIL and I were with a family with two young sons and the dad was the copilot. We were all first-timers, so we didn't do too well, especially with two boys under 7 as gunners.
After that, we ate breakfast at Ronto's Roasters. The Meiloorun Juice was so yummy! We spent time in the Marketplace, hacking panels for the Resistance on our datapads (phone) using the Disney Play app. Then we explored the Resistance Forest and spied Chewie working on the X-wing. We headed back to the Falcon to ride again. This time I was the left-side pilot with my MIL as the other pilot. We were with a group of adults and did much better this time based on the amount of credits Hondo sent us.
Next we headed to Droid Depot for our longest wait of the morning (about 25 min). I built an R-series droid that is adorable! After that, our time was running out, so we went back to the marketplace and Resistance Forest to pick up souvenirs for my husband and kids (MRE, Porg, pilot helmet). We did a quick photo shoot of the souvenirs before heading out the Critter Country entrance, knowing we'd be returning in the evening.

I'll post more later about our evening reservation, where we were able to visit Oga's Cantina and watched the fireworks over Batuu.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Thanks for posting, I hate you with jealousy... can't wait to go!
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Got a little story for ya, Ags...

Went to Galaxy's Edge Thursday night.

Pics:

Poe's X-wing from TFA

I think Trump has this hanging up in the Lincoln Bedroom at the White House

I made this for you to remember me by. It will bring you good fortune ... until I murder you.

Walked around the corner and saw this beauty. Right behind the guy in the Bantha hat is a cast member dressed up as a Resistance spy, looking rather Jedi-ish. About 30 seconds after this the cast member was pursued by FO stormtroopers and escaped through a cast member door while the FO questioned people in the crowd and one of them did the literal line from ANH "The door is locked, move on."

Even after having seen it in so many videos and pictures, I was blown away by seeing the Falcon. It's huge.

Top view of the Falcon from the line for Smuggler's Run.

A few stories to share.

Our time slot was at night and the moon was nearly full so it really added some ambiance, plus they pipe in nighttime sounds (animals and such).
Chewie was outside posing for photos right when we got there. It was great, but he's surrounded by idiots with go pros and smartphones.

The main merchandise store - it would take me probably 3 hours all alone with no one else in the store to really take it all in. It's overwhelming with a crowd and my family there. I was like Richard Pryor in Brewster's Millions - I could die in that room.

The line for blue milk was more than 100 people long. My wife used the mobile dining app and we got ours in less than 30 seconds.

The speakers broadcast the sound of a TIE fighter flying over. About 80% of the people including me looked up in the sky, expecting to see one.

The realness and thrill of Smuggler's Run cannot be quantified. I knew full well that is not really a spaceship in space, but it's a marvelous simulation, and when the pilot throws the lever for hyperspace, even my wife was whooping.

aggiemom428
AG
I was there Thursday night, too. Were you in the 5-9pm group as well, or the later group? I always look for Aggie rings at Disney, but didn't see any this time. Love all of your pics. I don't know how to post them...
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
8 pm - midnight.

I was the guy in the star wars shirt.
aggiemom428
AG
Ohhh, then I think I did see you!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
You hit up the cantina?

Looks like a great time.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Good stuff.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
And what are the reviews for the blue milk? Worth it?

I've seem some love it and some are just meh on it.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
So awesome.

JCRiley09
AG
All I want is western versions of star wars music now
YouBet
AG
My jealousy and hatred for all of you experiencing GE grows ever more intense each day.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

You hit up the cantina?

Looks like a great time.
Cantina wait time was 45 minutes and I don't drink so that was a pass. Blue milk was OK - nothing special. I chugged mine because i had been carrying our backpack full of crap all day.

Best part of the whole thing was the ride, but not for the reasons you think. Some people will get in line as a single rider so they can get to the front faster and be able to slink into line and be a pilot every time (there are 6 seats - 2 pilots, 2 gunners, 2 engineers). Everyone gets a score and an accuracy rating for how well they do their job, and clearly there are already people obsessed with getting the highest pilot score possible to the point of riding it multiple times with strangers as a single rider so they can get to that first spot in line in a group of 6 and get one of the pilot cards.

So one of my daughters and I are standing in the front of our family of 4 to get the pilot seats and this 20-something d-bag comes out of that single rider line to join our group and cuts in front of my daughter (who is 7) and gets the pilot card. I get the other one. And my girl is just heartbroken because she wanted to sit in front and fly. So I traded her my pilot card for her gunner card.

If you don't know, one pilot controls left right, and the other up down. So you're only going to do as well as the other pilot lets you. We all line up to get on and the d-bag says to my wife "Oh, are you the other pilot?" when he sees me standing in the second position. My wife gives the d-bag a big grin and says, "Nope, she is." and points to our daughter proudly rocking her ticket and Star Wars t-shirt.

He looks at her, looks back at me and you can just see his "pissed-off meter" reaching maximum as he realized I swapped cards with my daughter and his co-pilot is suddenly someone who can't quite reach all the controls.

And she did great for the most part - bumped into a few rocks and sides of buildings, but I"m not sure any normal person would have been much better. I was super proud of her, and didn't regret my decision to not fly the Falcon for even one second.

Next morning before we left Anaheim, I bought her a Yoda plush snap bracelet and got this one for myself.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Too bad about the Cantina. I would've pegged you for the kind of guy who'd get a huge kick out of it.

From what I've seen on youtube, 45 minutes doesn't seem so bad. And it's probably worth mentioning that they have a pretty extensive non-alcoholic menu as well.

And that sucks you didn't get to be pilot, guy sounds like a ******. I don't even understand how he could cut in front if a single rider is usually added at the end of a group.
aggiemom428
AG
aggiemom428
AG
Our evening reservation on Thursday began with me heading straight to the cantina line to get on the wait list. It took about 15 minutes to get added to the list and I was told I'd get a text in about an hour and a half.

Next we got in line to have our picture made in front of the Falcon. Then we went to Docking Bay 7 to try the two desserts-Batuu-Bon (yum) and Oi-oi Puff (not so yum). I bought kyber crystals for the family and a Jedi holocron at Dok-Ondar's Den of Antiquities and enjoyed looking at all the easter eggs in that store.

We spent more time completing jobs for the Resistance and earning credits by hacking areas around the land. By 7:00 we still hadn't gotten a text about the cantina so we got in line for the Falcon that had a 25 minute wait. This was the longest wait we'd had so far, but even 25 minutes was not bad at all.

While in line, we soon realized that we would be in a group with some ladies and a 3 year old girl, who of course ended up with a pilot card. Her mom got the gunner card, but I commented, "oh, you'll be in charge of keeping the ship from crashing!" and the mom decided to switch places with her daughter. I was an engineer this time with the 3 year old in front of me as gunner. Poor thing couldn't reach all the buttons, so I ended up helping her while also doing the engineer job.

This ride was definitely our worst flight and as we exited the cockpit, there were sparks flying and someone over the intercom saying they needed to being in a Corellian freighter for repairs. But, still fun.
Right before we boarded the Falcon, I had gotten the text that we could return to the cantina. We checked in and still had to wait about 15 minutes before we were able to enter.

Once inside, we stood at one of the bar-top tables across from a young couple who had been waiting in line with us. My MIL and I ordered the Outer Rim (margarita), Jedi Mind Trick, and Carbon Freeze (non-alcoholic). The couple got the Fuzzy Tauntaun (which makes your lips numb, apparently), Jet Juice (the strongest drink at the cantina) and the Bespin Fizz.

Both the Carbon Freeze and the Bespin Fizz were "show drinks" with dry ice and popping pearls. I thought the Carbon Freeze was pretty good. We also got a snack called Oga's Obsession, which was a lemonade/cotton candy Jello with boba Pearl's inside and Pop Rocks on top. Definitely an other-worldly kind of snack. Rex, the DJ in the cantina was fun to listen to. It was interesting to hear him play familiar songs that had been changed to sound like they came from another galaxy.

After we were finished in the cantina, our reservation time had just about ended. But, I really wanted to watch the fireworks over Batuu. My MIL was worried we'd get kicked out, but we found a spot on the ground next to the Falcon and waited until 9:30 for the fireworks to start. Seeing them over the land was amazing! It was like being at the end of ROTJ. I probably took 200 pictures during the 15 minute show. After it was over, it was time to leave Batuu and head back to our own galaxy. It was an incredibly memorable experience and I can't wait to visit again, next time with my husband and kids.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Thanks for sharing your experience!

I'm going to WDW in November and am really looking forward to it, but at this point I haven't seen any confirmation if that park will do the reservation thing such as I've seen described here for Disneyland. Still, the entire experience sounds awesome.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Quote:

So one of my daughters and I are standing in the front of our family of 4 to get the pilot seats and this 20-something d-bag comes out of that single rider line to join our group and cuts in front of my daughter (who is 7) and gets the pilot card
So there was no cast members standing there directing line flow? That guy sounds like he's a real jackass. I am not sure I would have been as restrained as you were.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Sounds like an awesome day.
cbr
AG
JCRiley09 said:

All I want is western versions of star wars music now
Did no one realize the tfa music was all direct or copied from sergio leone's films? Jumped out at me and its a cool touch. Star wars has always been about taking cool genre stuff and putting it into a new setting.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
So, the family and I just got back two weeks ago from a Disney World trip and had a blast.

But, I've heard so much about how great the Food and Wine Festival is at Epcot so last night my wife and I booked a trip back just to two of us in early November (a bye week for Aggie football).

We're going to do one day at Epcot, just trying everything they have food-wise.

Then, one day at Galaxy's Edge.

We are even staying at the Art of Animation, so we can ride the new Skyliner over to the park and back.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
That's a great call. Can confirm the F&W Festival is great. Plus, you'll be dealing with much nicer weather.
lil99chris
AG
If you're planning a Disney trip in the near future for you, your family or a loved one, contact me, Chris Smith, for expert help and advice with booking and planning details. 2020 pricing will be released tomorrow, June 18th.

My services are FREE when you book with me!

Chris Smith '99
csmith@travelwithontheroad.com

Specialty Trips:
  • Disney World
  • Disney Cruise Line
  • Disneyland
  • Aulani Resort
  • Adventures by Disney
The Collective
AG
Quote:

waited until 9:30 for the fireworks to start. Seeing them over the land was amazing! It was like being at the end of ROTJ.

Hope you could hear the sweet sounds of yub nub in your ears.

Flashdiaz
AG
CJS4715 said:

Quote:

waited until 9:30 for the fireworks to start. Seeing them over the land was amazing! It was like being at the end of ROTJ.

Hope you could hear the sweet sounds of yub nub in your ears.

I hear that sweet sound ANY time I see fireworks.
aggiemom428
AG
I imagine that Disney will soon add a soundtrack for the fireworks that is specific to Galaxy's Edge. I almost asked the CMs what they were celebrating on Batuu, just to see how they'd answer.
OnlyForNow
AG
Wife and I did this, this year for the garden and flower festival, just before GE opened.

We did 100% of Epcot in one day and had a blast eating/drinking around the world after most of the rides were done.

Only bad thing was we missed fireworks due to dinner at the Hibachi place being SLOW.
TCTTS
AG

First Page Last Page
Page 831 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.