Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,858,745 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by TCTTS
Urban Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

https://instagr.am/p/ByTIUNEg3u2
This is what I have been talking about. They are so good at this stuff.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Really good; so fun for the kids to make great memories.

My 5 year old girl loves Chewbacca and The Princess

My 2 year old girl is a Darth Vader fan all the way, just like daddy
OnlyForNow
AG
That's awesome.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Those voices are so good. They sound like they could be straight from the movies.
boy09
AG
AMW2010 said:

So who has been?
I went Sunday. It was pretty awesome. Even with reservations required, it was already still pretty packed. I think the biggest problem they have right now is figuring out a better system to get people into the Cantina. Our time block in the park was from 2-6 pm, and by 2:15 the Cantina was already completely booked for the entire 4 hour block. You couldn't even get on the wait list. So needless to say, we did not get to see the Cantina...

My only other (minor) complaint is that there seemed to be lines everywhere in the park, but it's really tough to tell what any of the lines are for. So you're not always sure which line to get in. Am i in line to get into the Cantina, or am i in line to build a lightsaber? Who knows?! All the signs are in Aurebesh, and you're supposed to use the app (the Disneyland app is awesome btw) to translate, which i guess is kinda cool, but it's also kinda annoying at times.

Other than that, it was great. It was cool just to wonder around and take everything in. The Stormtroopers patrolling the park were pretty awesome, they were probably my favorite part of the experience. The Smuggler's Run attraction was better than i expected. I had read some not-so-great reviews before we went.. The wait was worth it.

All in all we only spent about an hour in Galaxy's Edge, it was my first time at Disneyland and we only had the one day there, so we were trying to squeeze as much as we could into the day. But really, with only the one ride for now, and if you can't get into the Cantina, and if you don't plan on spending $200 to build a lightsaber, there just really isn't much else to do. I can't see spending the full 4 hour block in that park..

That place is going to be a nightmare when it opens to everyone without reservations on the 24th...
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I've been seeing a lot of videos and the Cantina seems to be the most popular thing in the whole land, which I don't think they saw coming. So, it'll be interesting to see how they solve that before Orlando.

If I had to guess, they'll end up making it a fastpass attraction just like any other ride in the park.
Flashdiaz
AG
Maybe Orlando should open up a bigger bar like the one from Attack of the Clones:

make sure to use similarly sized and dressed patrons.
The Collective
AG
I'm fine with it if they allow deathsticks.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
You want to go home and rethink your life.
The Collective
AG
Well, I've found my new favorite Star Wars meme.

SpreadsheetAg
AG
Flashdiaz said:

Maybe Orlando should open up a bigger bar like the one from Attack of the Clones:

make sure to use similarly sized and dressed patrons.

The girl in red... datass!!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
https://instagr.am/p/ByUY2OCl3Ks
Ulrich
Mark Hamill is the best
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I'm generally a fan of Collider Jedi Council, but this meltdown is both cringeworthy and hilarious.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
TCTTS
AG
Harloff has been getting lambasted online all week, and deservedly so. Thanks for posting - I hadn't seen this longer version where the producers call him out from the booth. So good. Some of these Collider/Schmoe guys are getting a little too big for their britches. The cult of their Schmoedown trivia battles or whatever I think is really starting to get to their heads. That's a world I will never understand, and this is coming from someone who actually knows a couple of those guys.

Oh, and the cherry on top is the poster directly behind Harloff of Jon Schnepp, who tragically died fairly recently and was the biggest fanboy around, in the best way. Dude's dead and you're a man in his 30s b*tching about not getting invited to a theme park. Talk about privilege.
TCTTS
AG
Oh, man that is so good.
redline248
AG
I might start watching the Nationals more often

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Yeah, apparently even the writer of Rogue One tweeted about it and laughed at him.

Harloff mentioned it in yesterday's show and is pretty embarrassed now. That's gotta suck.

But well deserved.
Ag Since 83
AG
That man has a Star Wars planet named after him. Embarrassing

The look on Macuga's face killed me
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Cool watch if you've got 40 minutes to spare.

C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
AliasMan02
AG
C@LAg said:

This looks dope. The Tomb Raider style of gameplay will work great with Star Wars.
Murder Hornet
AG
That looks awesome. Surely it will be on PS4 too, right?
AliasMan02
AG
bthomas98 said:

That looks awesome. Surely it will be on PS4 too, right?

Yes. And PC.
Flashdiaz
AG
C@LAg said:

did that trooper drop the fbomb at 4:30 ?

not a fan of hard cussing in my Star Wars... takes me out of it.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
"A jedi! this is what I trained for!

"CAUGHT you"

No F-bomb that i heard
Flashdiaz
AG
Episode IV said:

"A jedi! this is what I trained for!

"CAUGHT you"

No F-bomb that i heard
ok good. I still can't unhear it though. Need to get my ears checked, or mental health... or both.
twilly
AG
Boy did I pump a sh*tload of quarters into this game growing up. May have to break down and add to the gameroom.

Classic Atari Star Wars arcade games are back in this new Arcade1Up cabinet

Hagen95
AG
Our local arcade version was the sit down cabinet, but I fed a lot of quarters into it.
tamusc
AG
twilly said:

Boy did I pump a sh*tload of quarters into this game growing up. May have to break down and add to the gameroom.

Classic Atari Star Wars arcade games are back in this new Arcade1Up cabinet

They have a few original machines at Pinballz here in Austin. Definitely put some time and money into it last time I went.
The Collective
AG
Hagen95 said:

Our local arcade version was the sit down cabinet, but I fed a lot of quarters into it.

The sit downs for this one are a rare find. They are usually in the $8k-$10k range. Wish I could justify it.
aggiemom428
AG
Just checked in at Launch Bay for our 8-12 Galaxy's Edge reservation. We have a second reservation from 5-9 PM tonight. You can follow my experience on Instagram- girlwiththestarwarspurse. May the Force Be With You!
Flashdiaz
AG
How do they kick you out after your reservation expires? Do they send the troopers out to sweep the area? Sounds worth trying to see if you can avoid any imperial entanglements.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Bright suns.
First Page Last Page
Page 830 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.