Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,860,179 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 9 hrs ago by TCTTS
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Saxsoon
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

I'm still wondering what kind of stuff they'll implement at Orlando. They've said they're not gonna do reservations like Disneyland, and they haven't announced any time limits.

So I'm just driving over early in the morning to try to be there at rope drop. (And hope I can get in.)
I've already told my family we have to be at HS an hour prior to park opening.

My Disney-nut travel agent confirmed no reservations at this point, but that by my trip to WDW during Thanksgiving, that may have changed. I'm going to presume no reservations until something more concrete is announced.

Try 3. People are at the parks an hour before rope drop on regular days.
Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2012
Saxsoon
AG
FYI Hollywood studios will have early magic hours for resort guests that start at 6am from when the park opens until November 2nd.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Starts September 1, which is actually 2 days after it opens.

Good news for me, because I plan to go on Aug 29, the second day. Gives me a fighting chance if I'm just a few hours early.
FTACO97
AG
I'm already working on my plan to convince the missus to visit WDW sometime early next year during "slow time". Maybe sometime in February.

Have been digesting as many videos as I can today of all the reviews and video footage of the park and I'm blown away at how immersive it all is and all the little details.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Saxsoon said:

Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

I'm still wondering what kind of stuff they'll implement at Orlando. They've said they're not gonna do reservations like Disneyland, and they haven't announced any time limits.

So I'm just driving over early in the morning to try to be there at rope drop. (And hope I can get in.)
I've already told my family we have to be at HS an hour prior to park opening.

My Disney-nut travel agent confirmed no reservations at this point, but that by my trip to WDW during Thanksgiving, that may have changed. I'm going to presume no reservations until something more concrete is announced.

Try 3. People are at the parks an hour before rope drop on regular days.
Yeah, you're right. Argh.
twilly
AG
Now that actual real people are starting to visit Galaxy's Edge, I expect a flood of photos to hit the web today.

Stuff like this on the balcony of the Den of Antiquities...

Looks like those top men moved it out of storage.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The Collective
AG
The Cantina / bar is awesome looking
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
That was my favorite part as well. (Jump to 1:03:10 for those interested.)

Also, Bobby Moynihan @ minute 27.
aggiemom428
AG
Watched Tim Tracker's live stream yesterday and watching other live streams today. Trying to figure out if I can stream when I go on the 13th. The details and Easter eggs are my favorite part so far.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Here's a livestream of the actual rope drop for the public. This is NUTS.

I like how all the Imagineers are lined up greeting the crowd.
aggiemom428
AG
I loved the Imagineers greeting everyone. I wonder if they'll do that any other day, or just today. I'm currently watching this livestream:
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
"Bright suns" for hello and "rising moons" at night.
aggiemom428
AG
Benefit of the reservation system at Disneyland- Smuggler's Run is only a 5 minute wait right now, and the land has only been open for 3 hours. It's been ~20 minutes all day.

Oga's Cantina seems to be the longest wait.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
AMW2010
AG
So who has been?
tk for tu juan
Nice

TCTTS
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

So awesome.
Saxsoon
AG
I am so excited for my trip in November. Already setting aside some money to build a lightsaber and astrodroid.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The Collective
AG
Collider Jedi Council addresses potential KOTOR movie rumor from Buzzfeed (questionable source is questionable). Rumored writer is Laeta Kalogridis.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I saw that and I'm a bit confused by all this. I'm wondering if that isn't the first movie of the B&W series, or if they're unrelated films.

And if they're unrelated, will both series will be taking place in the Old Republic? I could see that getting a bit confusing for casual fans and general moviegoers.
The Collective
AG
It seems real confusing to me. Surely they wouldn't put out two sets of movies in that era.
twilly
AG
Galaxy's Edge Premiere

Rebelscum.com has a ton of high-def photos of Galaxy's Edge including most of the merchandise available.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
https://movieweb.com/rise-of-skywalker-star-wars-galaxys-edge-connection/

Seeing as how the "story" of the park takes place between TLJ and ROS, I wonder if they'll update anything after ROS comes out.

It would be a bit weird if we see the fall of the First Order, but Batuu is still in the the time period before that takes place.

Edit: Then again, the second ride is called "Rise of the Resistance", so there's not much they can do as far as getting rid of the First Order. So it's either keep the park in the same time period, or have the FO survive the end of IX. (Which would be silly to do just for the sake of the theme park, and I doubt JJ would even consider that.)
The Collective
AG
Interesting thoughts. That is something that would make the idea of a Star Wars park at WDW (like you advocated) very interesting, because you could make each section a different time period in the Star Wars galaxy.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Yep, that would've been pretty sweet. Maybe when walking from one planet to another, there's some sort of gizmo that makes it feel like you're going through a time portal.
Duncan Idaho
twilly said:

Galaxy's Edge Premiere

Rebelscum.com has a ton of high-def photos of Galaxy's Edge including most of the merchandise available.

I want a first order pocket square...but I wonder how badly those $150 snokes are going to move.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
This is a great read on the other ride. (Don't read it if you want zero details or don't want to get ridiculously hyped.)

https://ziggyknowsdisney.com/star-wars-rise-of-the-resistance-ride-details/

Seriously, this sounds so amazing. It's gonna be the greatest thing Disney parks have ever done.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

This is a great read on the other ride. (Don't read it if you want zero details or don't want to get ridiculously hyped.)

https://ziggyknowsdisney.com/star-wars-rise-of-the-resistance-ride-details/

Seriously, this sounds so amazing. It's gonna be the greatest thing Disney parks have ever done.
Just got back from seeing Aladdin, where they had a preview of what both of the attractions will look like. Holy crap, I cannot wait! November 22 - my plane leaves Houston. November 23 - I will likely spend all day in Hollywood Studios with most of that focused on Galaxy's Edge.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
https://instagr.am/p/ByTIUNEg3u2
First Page Last Page
Page 829 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.