Star Wars Discussion Thread

3,107,558 Views | 29853 Replies | Last: 11 min ago by redline248
CJS4715
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
lol, Lucas **** on his own legendary stories before anyone else considered doing so.
MuckRaker96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Render
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
All that is fine, but movies shouldn't be reliant on outside media to tell its story. They could have covered all that backstory in 7 or 8 with a just scene or two.
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AliasMan02 said:

I'm more convinced than ever that Twitter has made the world a markedly worse place.
Twitter still has a really, really small reach

https://www.statista.com/statistics/272014/global-social-networks-ranked-by-number-of-users/
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
MuckRaker96 said:


AliasMan02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
redline248 said:

AliasMan02 said:

I'm more convinced than ever that Twitter has made the world a markedly worse place.
Twitter still has a really, really small reach

https://www.statista.com/statistics/272014/global-social-networks-ranked-by-number-of-users/


Its influence on media storylines is the part that's really impactful and harmful. It drives a lot of conversation and content.

That's not too say Twitter is the evil. It's just the vehicle for the evil. When a YouTuber is looking for how to fill an hour every week, talking up rants seen in Twitter is easy money. That then influences other media sources looking for clicks.
wangus12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
CJS4715 said:

lol, Lucas **** on his own legendary stories before anyone else considered doing so.
Did it before it was cool
Furlock Bones
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG



Read the comments. I'm sure by the time these movies come out people will have forgotten a lot of the anger. But they have destroyed their goodwill.
CJS4715
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Furlock Bones said:

Read the comments. I'm sure by the time these movies come out people will have forgotten a lot of the anger. But they have destroyed their goodwill.


Fanboys never forget.

edit: Or maybe I should say, fanboys remember.
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If they are lucky, Martin will release Winds of Winter by then and fans can redirect their anger toward him
MuckRaker96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Render said:

All that is fine, but movies shouldn't be reliant on outside media to tell its story. They could have covered all that backstory in 7 or 8 with a just scene or two.
They aren't relying on outside media. But for people that want to know more than what's on the screen, they have more media. Or you could just Google your questions and have them answered in miliseconds.
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Matt_ag98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Render said:

Don't worry. The REEEE will be quite operational around here once Episode IX arrives.
Your fellow Ags, up there on the sanctuary Texags, are walking into a trap lol
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Awesome, definitely checking this out.

https://open.spotify.com/show/6nhQUF8rDmBaRjbZp9zgzv?si=dR5P1BUgSdyjbFKOyniqPA
Just finished episode 5, and I can't say enough good things about this podcast. The amount of thought and detail put into this is pretty astounding.

My favorite episode so far is 5, by far. That disastrous first screening where DePalma just reamed into George for hours on end really drove home what a flop this movie could have been.

Everything was pointing to disaster until... John Williams. The man literally saved the movie.

Gave me chills when that first recording session started and everyone heard the music for the first time. I love that George was so excited that he immediately called Spielberg, and held the phone up for 30 minutes to let him listen to the music. (Long distance call that cost $600!)

Great stuff. Everyone that is into this kind of thing needs to check it out.

Thanks for posting it, TC.
FTACO97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Furlock Bones said:




Read the comments. I'm sure by the time these movies come out people will have forgotten a lot of the anger. But they have destroyed their goodwill.
When can we start a petition to keep them the hell away from Star Wars?
Flashdiaz
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
cliffnotes for the only person that hasn't watched one episode of Game of Thrones?
Furlock Bones
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Flashdiaz said:

cliffnotes for the only person that hasn't watched one episode of Game of Thrones?
they crashed and burned in the final season without source material to write from.
FTACO97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
A coworker turned me on to the Mr Plinkett reviews last week. Have gone through his reviews of the prequels and now I can never look at those films the same again. I know some of the material in his reviews is satire but he makes a lot of good points.

Those reviews, combined with the videos about how Star Wars was saved in the editing room have fully confirmed my opinion that George Lucas is not the guy deserving of the pedestal that so many Star Wars fans put him on. He did some world building that created some great stories, but that's about it. The best thing to happen to Star Wars was to get him away from the camera. ESB and ROTJ are proof.

I personally find it funny that the same folks that tear down TLJ are the ones that gush about the prequels and rank some of them higher than TLJ or TFA (some even go as far as ranking above ROTJ).

I get it, I really do. Star Wars has been a huge piece of my life. The OT formed my childhood and when the prequels came out when I was just out of college in my first job, I let that Star Wars nostalgia form my opinion and I loved those films far more than I should have. I recognized their flaws, but overall I still liked them. After Plinkett, I'm not even sure if I can watch them again now. I'm sure I still will as preparation for ROTS, but they won't be nostalgic to me anymore.
twilly
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG


Get a drink of water from a fountain in Galaxy's Edge? This Dianoga might be staring you in the face.

A hairy one-eyed space squid suddenly appears when Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge visitors get a drink of water
Flashdiaz
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Furlock Bones said:

Flashdiaz said:

cliffnotes for the only person that hasn't watched one episode of Game of Thrones?
they crashed and burned in the final season without source material to write from.
yikes. I hope Kathleen Kennedy and the story group is a bit more involved with this trilogy to map out a structure before any filming takes place.
Furlock Bones
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Flashdiaz said:

Furlock Bones said:

Flashdiaz said:

cliffnotes for the only person that hasn't watched one episode of Game of Thrones?
they crashed and burned in the final season without source material to write from.
yikes. I hope Kathleen Kennedy and the story group is a bit more involved with this trilogy to map out a structure before any filming takes place.
the remaining hope that people have is that the original seasons were among the best television ever and the end fell apart because they decided to cut it down ostensibly to get moving on to Star Wars.
Ag Since 83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Furlock Bones said:

Flashdiaz said:

Furlock Bones said:

Flashdiaz said:

cliffnotes for the only person that hasn't watched one episode of Game of Thrones?
they crashed and burned in the final season without source material to write from.
yikes. I hope Kathleen Kennedy and the story group is a bit more involved with this trilogy to map out a structure before any filming takes place.
the remaining hope that people have is that the original seasons were among the best television ever and the end fell apart because they decided to cut it down ostensibly to get moving on to Star Wars.


It was really funny hearing my coworkers last week in their Monday morning GOT water cooler talk blaming Star Wars
Furlock Bones
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ag Since 83 said:




It was really funny hearing my coworkers last week in their Monday morning GOT water cooler talk blaming Star Wars
it's the only thing that makes sense as to why the final 2 season totaled 13 episodes when even every other season was 10 episodes long. HBO said they gave D&D the rope to go as long as it needed for the story to get told.
AliasMan02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Furlock Bones said:

Ag Since 83 said:




It was really funny hearing my coworkers last week in their Monday morning GOT water cooler talk blaming Star Wars
it's the only thing that makes sense as to why the final 2 season totaled 13 episodes when even every other season was 10 episodes long. HBO said they gave D&D the rope to go as long as it needed for the story to get told.


The episodes for the last two seasons were crazy expensive. That's why there are fewer of them.
Furlock Bones
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AliasMan02 said:





The episodes for the last two seasons were crazy expensive. That's why there are fewer of them.
this will be my last post on the topic because i don't want to turn this into a GoT thread, but HBO had the budget.
MuckRaker96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm riding on the Millennium Falcon in 23 days.
Flashdiaz
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
be the first to do this:

fig96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Flashdiaz said:

cliffnotes for the only person that hasn't watched one episode of Game of Thrones?
Fans are overreacting like they do on most everything else these days.

People (understandably) didn't like this last season and now feel that the show's creators are suddenly incompetent.
MuckRaker96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The funny part is my wife doesn't really like Star Wars, but she's a Disney-holic and really just wants to go to say she's been there and experienced it. The real question is, which of my 6 Star Wars T-shirts to wear that day. I'm such a nerd.

My main ambition aboard the Falcon is to located the smuggling secret compartment, sneak inside and hid until the park closes so I can spend all night playing "Muck is Captain of the Millenium Falcon"
Render
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
FTACO97 said:

A coworker turned me on to the Mr Plinkett reviews last week. Have gone through his reviews of the prequels and now I can never look at those films the same again. I know some of the material in his reviews is satire but he makes a lot of good points.

Those reviews, combined with the videos about how Star Wars was saved in the editing room have fully confirmed my opinion that George Lucas is not the guy deserving of the pedestal that so many Star Wars fans put him on. He did some world building that created some great stories, but that's about it. The best thing to happen to Star Wars was to get him away from the camera. ESB and ROTJ are proof.

I personally find it funny that the same folks that tear down TLJ are the ones that gush about the prequels and rank some of them higher than TLJ or TFA (some even go as far as ranking above ROTJ).

I get it, I really do. Star Wars has been a huge piece of my life. The OT formed my childhood and when the prequels came out when I was just out of college in my first job, I let that Star Wars nostalgia form my opinion and I loved those films far more than I should have. I recognized their flaws, but overall I still liked them. After Plinkett, I'm not even sure if I can watch them again now. I'm sure I still will as preparation for ROTS, but they won't be nostalgic to me anymore.

You've taken your first step into a larger world.
MuckRaker96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
WIth the exception of Kylo Ren's trailer reactions on Auralnuts, I have never watched a single video where some other person "explains" something pop culture to me. Why do people watch these? I mostly care about just my own opinion, not some self-proclaimed Internet expert.
double aught
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Awesome, definitely checking this out.

https://open.spotify.com/show/6nhQUF8rDmBaRjbZp9zgzv?si=dR5P1BUgSdyjbFKOyniqPA
I've really been enjoying this. I loved the music, specifically the first time Williams plays the Star Wars theme for Lucas and the phone call from London so Steven could hear the score. Looking forward to the final episode.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quote:

My main ambition aboard the Falcon is to located the smuggling secret compartment, sneak inside and hid until the park closes so I can spend all night playing "Muck is Captain of the Millenium Falcon"
You will break the internet if you are able to pull that off and show everyone video evidence of your feat. That is, right before the Disney po-po show up to haul you away.
SpreadsheetAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What to expect from D&D Trilogy:

MuckRaker96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

Quote:

My main ambition aboard the Falcon is to located the smuggling secret compartment, sneak inside and hid until the park closes so I can spend all night playing "Muck is Captain of the Millenium Falcon"
You will break the internet if you are able to pull that off and show everyone video evidence of your feat. That is, right before the Disney po-po show up to haul you away.
Yeah, think my wife and kids might notice me missing, especially since i have to carry the backpack full of everything we've ever owned around the park.

In the 1990s I was on the Star Tours ride with my dad when he suggested we didn't wear the seatbelts to see how the flight simulator would feel without them on. When we took them back off after the Disney person left, a recording of C3P0 pops up saying "Oh my! It appears some of our passengers don't have their safety devices properly fastened. We can't take off!"

Pretty embarrassing for 21-year-old Muck and my 47-year-old dad, but we gave it a shot.
Page 825 of 853
 
×
Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.