Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,858,451 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 29 min ago by TCTTS
Cinco Ranch Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

Quote:

My main ambition aboard the Falcon is to located the smuggling secret compartment, sneak inside and hid until the park closes so I can spend all night playing "Muck is Captain of the Millenium Falcon"
You will break the internet if you are able to pull that off and show everyone video evidence of your feat. That is, right before the Disney po-po show up to haul you away.
Yeah, think my wife and kids might notice me missing, especially since i have to carry the backpack full of everything we've ever owned around the park.

In the 1990s I was on the Star Tours ride with my dad when he suggested we didn't wear the seatbelts to see how the flight simulator would feel without them on. When we took them back off after the Disney person left, a recording of C3P0 pops up saying "Oh my! It appears some of our passengers don't have their safety devices properly fastened. We can't take off!"

Pretty embarrassing for 21-year-old Muck and my 47-year-old dad, but we gave it a shot.
I remember that happening when I went on that ride once. Wasn't you, as I didn't start going to WDW as an adult until the year 2000.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
So f-ing cool.

Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

MuckRaker96 said:

Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

Quote:

My main ambition aboard the Falcon is to located the smuggling secret compartment, sneak inside and hid until the park closes so I can spend all night playing "Muck is Captain of the Millenium Falcon"
You will break the internet if you are able to pull that off and show everyone video evidence of your feat. That is, right before the Disney po-po show up to haul you away.
Yeah, think my wife and kids might notice me missing, especially since i have to carry the backpack full of everything we've ever owned around the park.

In the 1990s I was on the Star Tours ride with my dad when he suggested we didn't wear the seatbelts to see how the flight simulator would feel without them on. When we took them back off after the Disney person left, a recording of C3P0 pops up saying "Oh my! It appears some of our passengers don't have their safety devices properly fastened. We can't take off!"

Pretty embarrassing for 21-year-old Muck and my 47-year-old dad, but we gave it a shot.
I remember that happening when I went on that ride once. Wasn't you, as I didn't start going to WDW as an adult until the year 2000.
My wife and kids and I went last November and the First Order stormtroopers saluted me because I had a T-shirt with the imperial logo on it. My daughters (then 6) were like OMG Daddy knows so much about Star Wars that the STORMTROOPERS KNOW WHO HE IS. I perpetuated that thought the rest of the trip.
YouBet
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

I'm riding on the Millennium Falcon in 23 days.

Someone just elevated themself to nemesis status on my spreadsheet.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

MuckRaker96 said:

Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

Quote:

My wife and kids and I went last November and the First Order stormtroopers saluted me because I had a T-shirt with the imperial logo on it. My daughters (then 6) were like OMG Daddy knows so much about Star Wars that the STORMTROOPERS KNOW WHO HE IS. I perpetuated that thought the rest of the trip.

Awesome, can't wait to pull this
Flashdiaz
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

So f-ing cool.

here's a first look at how crowded it will be on the slowest day.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
AGGies0311
https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/photos/2019/05/star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker-exclusive-photos
YouBet
AG
AGGies0311 said:

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/photos/2019/05/star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker-exclusive-photos
IMO, there are minor spoilers in this.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Jason Ag
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

MuckRaker96 said:

Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

Quote:

I had two troopers threating to take me in for questioning. My daughter (5) was genuinely worried they were going to take me, we had explain it was pretend after they left. You get saluted, I get threatened.
Flashdiaz
AG
I bet you look like rebel scum
Urban Ag
AG
Jason Ag said:

MuckRaker96 said:

Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

MuckRaker96 said:

Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

Quote:

I had two troopers threating to take me in for questioning. My daughter (5) was genuinely worried they were going to take me, we had explain it was pretend after they left. You get saluted, I get threatened.
That sh** is the best. In 2013 we were at the ticket gate at Hollywood Studios before they opened and had to wait about 10 minutes. I had a Boba Fett t-shirt on (my wife made us all tees for that trip) and the two Stormtroopers on top of the roof that covers the tickets checkers gave me sh** for probably 10 minutes. Whole crowd was laughing.

Fett? We don't need his scum.
Totally overrated. Seriously sir, get a better t-shirt.
Dude got killed by a blind guy who got a lucky shot off. And you bought the t-shirt. LOL.
Mam, mam, yes up here. Mam, this is what a real man looks like (then does "call me" )
Sir, is that your youngling? Yeah the one with the Lord Vader shirt. Yeah that kid has it together unlike you. He get's it.

Some of the peeps that work there are so great.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Last time I went, I had a shirt with a NES controller on it. A stormtrooper came up to me and starting pressing the buttons on my shirt.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
This is pretty cool. This is the first depiction of Anakin and Padme, drawn in 1993. (Originaly done for a trading card game before Lucas pulled it.)

Story here: http://brianashmore.blogspot.com/search/label/Padme

This artist could've very well been the inspiration behind the original TPM teaser poster, with Anakin's shadow in the shape of Vader.
Flashdiaz
AG
That Anakin looks better...

This Padme looks better:
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Agreed on Padme.

That Anakin looks more like Dexter though.
Belton Ag
AG
Who is the kid supposed to be, Luke?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Yep.
Quote:

My concept was to depict a younger, pre-Vader Anakin Skywalker brooding over the shoulder of his wife and the mother of Luke Skywalker and Leia Organa. Presumably, only Leia had been hidden from Anakin and that is why this image is sans baby Leia.
But the interesting thing is that Leia mentions remembering her real mother in ROTJ.

So even though that's no longer accurate, at that point in time it would've made more sense to assume that Leia was the one they kept, while Luke was hidden on Tatooine.
Flashdiaz
AG
I didn't think Anakin knew he had a son until Empire (or end of ANH at the earliest)....

did she plop out the baby and keep it hidden like a kid hiding candy?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Then again, that's also in conflict with Vader not knowing Luke had a sister...

Either one seems to contradict what was known from the OT.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The only storyline that would've made sense and not contradicted the OT would've been something like this:

• Vader thinks Padme is dead, just like we see in ROTS.
  • Padme pops out the twins. (Vader didn't know it was twins.)
  • Luke is taken to Tatooine. (Maybe the excuse is they don't want Vader to find both babies.)
  • Padme is still alive/healthy, and keeps Leia for a few years on Naboo.
  • She eventually dies from unknown causes. (Maybe suicide?)
  • Then Leia is adopted by the Organas, who were close friends of Padme's.

Makes me wonder why Lucas didn't just do that and not have to worry about contradicting himself.

I guess he really just wanted to have everything perfectly wrapped up in ROTS without any time jumps.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
PatAg
AG
Flashdiaz said:

Furlock Bones said:

Flashdiaz said:

cliffnotes for the only person that hasn't watched one episode of Game of Thrones?
they crashed and burned in the final season without source material to write from.
yikes. I hope Kathleen Kennedy and the story group is a bit more involved with this trilogy to map out a structure before any filming takes place.

What makes you think she has any idea how to map out a trilogy?
AliasMan02
AG
BuzzFeed claiming the new trilogy is BASED on KOTOR is BS, right?

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/kateaurthur/new-star-wars-movie-knights-of-the-old-republic
AliasMan02
AG
PatAg said:

Flashdiaz said:

Furlock Bones said:

Flashdiaz said:

cliffnotes for the only person that hasn't watched one episode of Game of Thrones?
they crashed and burned in the final season without source material to write from.
yikes. I hope Kathleen Kennedy and the story group is a bit more involved with this trilogy to map out a structure before any filming takes place.

What makes you think she has any idea how to map out a trilogy?

She doesn't map out anything, and neither does the Story Group. That's not any of their job, though Kennedy is responsible for assembling the team that will map it out.
Dro07
AG
Fallen empire would be good
TCTTS
AG
Interesting.

Is there a difference between Knights of the Old Republic and the Old Republic? Rather, if true, does this rule out Benioff & Weiss doing Old Republic stuff? Or is KOTOR the Old Republic? I'm not familiar with anything outside of the movies.
Duncan Idaho
TCTTS said:

Interesting.

Is there a difference between Knights of the Old Republic and the Old Republic? Rather, if true, does this rule out Benioff & Weiss doing Old Republic stuff? Or is KOTOR the Old Republic? I'm not familiar with anything outside of the movies.

Kotor is a video game... correction...it is the greatest star wars video game
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Episode I Podracer would like a word.
TCTTS
AG
Yeah, I realize that. But is it the only Old Republic content out there? Like, when everyone talks about the Old Republic, are they talking about this game? Or are there multiple Old Republic books as well? And B&W can still be diving into all that?
redline248
AG
TCTTS said:

Yeah, I realize that. But is it the only Old Republic content out there? Like, when everyone talks about the Old Republic, are they talking about this game? Or are there multiple Old Republic books as well? And B&W can still be diving into all that?

There are multiple books and games. I think KOTOR kicked it all off. Most of the books are now legends. The Old Republic is a mmo that I think technically would exist before KOTOR. The main character of KOTOR visits the ancient sith world.

Edit, I might be wrong on the order, but it's something like 10000 years before Palps
Saxsoon
AG
Cannot wait for my trip to Disney World in November.
Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2012
TCTTS
AG
Gotcha. Thanks.
AliasMan02
AG
I think it's safe to say that D&D will be making an Old Republic trilogy. I also think it's safe to say from their history that we will get something that is largely adaptation. I think the story has taken those two points and inferred that they will be adapting KOTOR.

For one, there are not three movies in KOTOR. Second, the game itself revolves around a twist that really makes it work, which everyone already knows.

I think it's most likely that we'll get a story based in the general era of KOTOR, about 4000 years before the classic trilogy. In this era you have:

- no Rule of Two
- a Sith Empire, so one or more Sith Lord's and lots of Dark Force Users, plus plenty of non-Force using soldiers, fleets, etc.
- The Old Republic, as opposed to the prequel trilogy's Galactic Republic. That change happens after the Jedi and the Jedi-Sith War. The movies will likely take place long before that.
- Old Republic with a standing military
- Jedi arguably at the height of their power

I think a trilogy that essentially takes place just before the events of the now non-canon KOTOR makes sense. This story can feature some characters beloved by fans like Bastilla Shan, HK-47, and Jolee Bindo. Probably involving the wars with the Mandalorians that led to the fall of Revan and Malak and the ultimate destruction of the Sith Empire.

There are a lot of wars back to back in that era that could serve as the basis for a series of films, probably mashed up into something fresh.
First Page Last Page
Page 826 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.