Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,860,165 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 9 hrs ago by TCTTS
Ag Since 83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My vote for best cosplay

TCTTS
AG
Dear God...

The Collective
AG
It would absolutely suck to work on this franchise.
Sex Panther
AG
TCTTS said:

Dear God...

C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
double aught
AG
TCTTS said:

Dear God...

Well it does say Rise.
TCTTS
AG
I agree 100%. It drives me insane.

That said, I think I see why they did it that way. Since the "The Rise of Skywalker" is a longer title than the others, the font had to be smaller or it'd stretch too far vertically past "STAR WARS" on either side. But then if they'd kept the "STAR WARS" font the same size it would have looked a little weird and inconsistent that way too. So they just made the whole logo smaller, and thus had to move it up a bit to keep normal eye-lines/spacing.
512Ag
AG
Better than this one?

https://instagr.am/p/BwNTbSRHj6X
jabberwalkie09
AG
Ag Since 83 said:

My vote for best cosplay

Not fried. I was told they're best fried.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Dro07
AG
As of now
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Guess Hera and the Ghost survived The Battle of Scarif is confirmed.
Dro07
AG
Wasn't that confirmed at the end of Rebels?
Coog97
dromo07 said:

Yes. VO says she fought in the Battle of Endor.

bearamedic99
AG
C@LAg said:

Book/novel news:

• A new apprentice of Dooku's will be in Dooku: Jedi Lost, before he took on Qui-Gon. The audiodrama will feature Dooku as a Youngling, Padawan, Knight, Master, and Sith... earliest being 10. There will be a strong focus on him leaving the Order and his desire to be The Chosen One.
  • Alphabet Squadron will be set shortly after the Battle of Endor and focus on five Rebel pilots, with General Hera Syndulla being part of the novel. Shadow Wing will be their "nemesis."
  • Master and Apprentice will feature scenes of Dooku and his apprentice Rael Aveross. Obi-Wan will be 17ish.
  • Thrawn: Treason will feature Eli Vanto as well as exploring the culture of the Chiss Ascendancy more. We will see Krennic and Tarkin butting heads more, as their rivalry continues. Thrawn will get caught in the middle of it.
  • Black Spire is about normal everyday people coming together to establish a Resistance base in Wild Space following TLJ. Cardinal will return.

Too much Dooku in my opinion.

I loved I, Jedi, the Jedi Academy trilogy, the Thrawn Trilogy, the Rogue Squadron books, and a few other pre-canon books. But I have not heard good things about recent books.

Which are worth reading (that are already out)?

Alphabet squadron sounds promising.
bearamedic99
AG
And damn, I need to find time to watch Rebels and Clone Wars. They just look like they are geared for a much younger audience.
Dro07
AG
Def worth the time. Don't waste your time with resistance though.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
redline248
AG
Rebels was really good. The Clone Wars was, as well, but had more episodes...which means more filler. Story isn't as linear, either. They nailed the portrayal of Anakin, though.
jabberwalkie09
AG
dromo07 said:

The things I've forgotten.....
jabberwalkie09
AG
Coog97 said:

dromo07 said:

Yes. VO says she fought in the Battle of Endor.

Kind of wish we would see Ahsoka and Sabine again.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

Big chant for Carrie Fisher, now a lightsaber fight going on under the bean.
AliasMan02
AG
bearamedic99 said:

C@LAg said:

Book/novel news:

• A new apprentice of Dooku's will be in Dooku: Jedi Lost, before he took on Qui-Gon. The audiodrama will feature Dooku as a Youngling, Padawan, Knight, Master, and Sith... earliest being 10. There will be a strong focus on him leaving the Order and his desire to be The Chosen One.
  • Alphabet Squadron will be set shortly after the Battle of Endor and focus on five Rebel pilots, with General Hera Syndulla being part of the novel. Shadow Wing will be their "nemesis."
  • Master and Apprentice will feature scenes of Dooku and his apprentice Rael Aveross. Obi-Wan will be 17ish.
  • Thrawn: Treason will feature Eli Vanto as well as exploring the culture of the Chiss Ascendancy more. We will see Krennic and Tarkin butting heads more, as their rivalry continues. Thrawn will get caught in the middle of it.
  • Black Spire is about normal everyday people coming together to establish a Resistance base in Wild Space following TLJ. Cardinal will return.

Too much Dooku in my opinion.

I loved I, Jedi, the Jedi Academy trilogy, the Thrawn Trilogy, the Rogue Squadron books, and a few other pre-canon books. But I have not heard good things about recent books.

Which are worth reading (that are already out)?

Alphabet squadron sounds promising.

Mixed bag, as the EU was, though it's not wheels off like the EU got.

Aftermath books are good if you listen to them. Tough if you read them, but the story and characters are good.

Thrawn books are very solid as you would expect.

Claudia Gray's books are really good.
Farmer1906
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
YouBet
AG
bearamedic99 said:

And damn, I need to find time to watch Rebels and Clone Wars. They just look like they are geared for a much younger audience.
The first season of Clone Wars is ok and feels a little young. However, as it goes on it gets more adult and darker. I'm almost finished with Season 2. Episode 205 really took it to the next level IMO.

Also, use this chronological viewing order when watching: https://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-the-clone-wars-chronological-episodeorder

[url=https://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-the-clone-wars-chronological-episodeorder][/url]They were not released nor are they packaged in correct order.
Ag Since 83
AG
Nice of Celebration to get a little bit of Hoth weather
TCTTS
AG
Reminder that the Celebration panel for The Mandalorian starts in half an hour, where we'll presumably be getting the first trailer...
AliasMan02
AG
Do we know if the Disney shows will be weekly releases or binge releases?
TCTTS
AG
I'm assuming they will be binge/all-at-once releases until we hear otherwise. I haven't heard for sure either way, and a quick Google search didn't specify.
The Collective
AG
Filoni... yes!
TCTTS
AG
First Page Last Page
Page 810 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.