Star Wars Discussion Thread

3,106,361 Views | 29842 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by Brian Earl Spilner
Ag Since 83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My vote for best cosplay

TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Dear God...

CJS4715
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It would absolutely suck to work on this franchise.
Sex Panther
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TCTTS said:

Dear God...




C@LAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
He has a point. it is sloppy of Disney to not be consistent, knowing their fanbase and how people collect items across a given series.
double aught
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TCTTS said:

Dear God...


Well it does say Rise.
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I agree 100%. It drives me insane.

That said, I think I see why they did it that way. Since the "The Rise of Skywalker" is a longer title than the others, the font had to be smaller or it'd stretch too far vertically past "STAR WARS" on either side. But then if they'd kept the "STAR WARS" font the same size it would have looked a little weird and inconsistent that way too. So they just made the whole logo smaller, and thus had to move it up a bit to keep normal eye-lines/spacing.
512Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Better than this one?

http://instagr.am/p/BwNTbSRHj6X
jabberwalkie09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ag Since 83 said:

My vote for best cosplay



Not fried. I was told they're best fried.
C@LAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?


Single player, story-driven
no microtransactions
dromo07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
As of now
C@LAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
dromo07 said:

As of now
not going to happen.

Disney was FURIOUS re: the launch of the most recent Star Wars Battlefront game, so EA is doing everything to keep the fans (and indirectly Disney) happy with the release of this one.
C@LAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Book/novel news:

  • A new apprentice of Dooku's will be in Dooku: Jedi Lost, before he took on Qui-Gon. The audiodrama will feature Dooku as a Youngling, Padawan, Knight, Master, and Sith... earliest being 10. There will be a strong focus on him leaving the Order and his desire to be The Chosen One.
  • Alphabet Squadron will be set shortly after the Battle of Endor and focus on five Rebel pilots, with General Hera Syndulla being part of the novel. Shadow Wing will be their "nemesis."
  • Master and Apprentice will feature scenes of Dooku and his apprentice Rael Aveross. Obi-Wan will be 17ish.
  • Thrawn: Treason will feature Eli Vanto as well as exploring the culture of the Chiss Ascendancy more. We will see Krennic and Tarkin butting heads more, as their rivalry continues. Thrawn will get caught in the middle of it.
  • Black Spire is about normal everyday people coming together to establish a Resistance base in Wild Space following TLJ. Cardinal will return.

Too much Dooku in my opinion.
jabberwalkie09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Guess Hera and the Ghost survived The Battle of Scarif is confirmed.
dromo07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wasn't that confirmed at the end of Rebels?
Coog97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
dromo07 said:

Wasn't that confirmed at the end of Rebels?


Yes. VO says she fought in the Battle of Endor.

bearamedic99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
C@LAg said:

Book/novel news:

  • A new apprentice of Dooku's will be in Dooku: Jedi Lost, before he took on Qui-Gon. The audiodrama will feature Dooku as a Youngling, Padawan, Knight, Master, and Sith... earliest being 10. There will be a strong focus on him leaving the Order and his desire to be The Chosen One.
  • Alphabet Squadron will be set shortly after the Battle of Endor and focus on five Rebel pilots, with General Hera Syndulla being part of the novel. Shadow Wing will be their "nemesis."
  • Master and Apprentice will feature scenes of Dooku and his apprentice Rael Aveross. Obi-Wan will be 17ish.
  • Thrawn: Treason will feature Eli Vanto as well as exploring the culture of the Chiss Ascendancy more. We will see Krennic and Tarkin butting heads more, as their rivalry continues. Thrawn will get caught in the middle of it.
  • Black Spire is about normal everyday people coming together to establish a Resistance base in Wild Space following TLJ. Cardinal will return.

Too much Dooku in my opinion.


I loved I, Jedi, the Jedi Academy trilogy, the Thrawn Trilogy, the Rogue Squadron books, and a few other pre-canon books. But I have not heard good things about recent books.

Which are worth reading (that are already out)?

Alphabet squadron sounds promising.
bearamedic99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
And damn, I need to find time to watch Rebels and Clone Wars. They just look like they are geared for a much younger audience.
dromo07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Def worth the time. Don't waste your time with resistance though.
C@LAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bearamedic99 said:

And damn, I need to find time to watch Rebels and Clone Wars. They just look like they are geared for a much younger audience.
they really are not. The clone wars did more to expand the Star Wars canon than anything else out there.

Rebels is a fantastic, mostly encapsulated story, told very well. Yes, there are some filler episodes as all series have, but they are few and far between.

IMO, Rebels is the best of Star Wars, Period.
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Rebels was really good. The Clone Wars was, as well, but had more episodes...which means more filler. Story isn't as linear, either. They nailed the portrayal of Anakin, though.
jabberwalkie09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
dromo07 said:

Wasn't that confirmed at the end of Rebels?

The things I've forgotten.....
jabberwalkie09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Coog97 said:

dromo07 said:

Wasn't that confirmed at the end of Rebels?


Yes. VO says she fought in the Battle of Endor.



Kind of wish we would see Ahsoka and Sabine again.
C@LAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
pretty sure we will in a few years.
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG








Big chant for Carrie Fisher, now a lightsaber fight going on under the bean.
AliasMan02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
bearamedic99 said:

C@LAg said:

Book/novel news:

  • A new apprentice of Dooku's will be in Dooku: Jedi Lost, before he took on Qui-Gon. The audiodrama will feature Dooku as a Youngling, Padawan, Knight, Master, and Sith... earliest being 10. There will be a strong focus on him leaving the Order and his desire to be The Chosen One.
  • Alphabet Squadron will be set shortly after the Battle of Endor and focus on five Rebel pilots, with General Hera Syndulla being part of the novel. Shadow Wing will be their "nemesis."
  • Master and Apprentice will feature scenes of Dooku and his apprentice Rael Aveross. Obi-Wan will be 17ish.
  • Thrawn: Treason will feature Eli Vanto as well as exploring the culture of the Chiss Ascendancy more. We will see Krennic and Tarkin butting heads more, as their rivalry continues. Thrawn will get caught in the middle of it.
  • Black Spire is about normal everyday people coming together to establish a Resistance base in Wild Space following TLJ. Cardinal will return.

Too much Dooku in my opinion.


I loved I, Jedi, the Jedi Academy trilogy, the Thrawn Trilogy, the Rogue Squadron books, and a few other pre-canon books. But I have not heard good things about recent books.

Which are worth reading (that are already out)?

Alphabet squadron sounds promising.


Mixed bag, as the EU was, though it's not wheels off like the EU got.

Aftermath books are good if you listen to them. Tough if you read them, but the story and characters are good.

Thrawn books are very solid as you would expect.

Claudia Gray's books are really good.
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
YouBet
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
bearamedic99 said:

And damn, I need to find time to watch Rebels and Clone Wars. They just look like they are geared for a much younger audience.
The first season of Clone Wars is ok and feels a little young. However, as it goes on it gets more adult and darker. I'm almost finished with Season 2. Episode 205 really took it to the next level IMO.

Also, use this chronological viewing order when watching: https://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-the-clone-wars-chronological-episodeorder

[url=https://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-the-clone-wars-chronological-episodeorder][/url]They were not released nor are they packaged in correct order.
Ag Since 83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Nice of Celebration to get a little bit of Hoth weather
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Reminder that the Celebration panel for The Mandalorian starts in half an hour, where we'll presumably be getting the first trailer...
AliasMan02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Do we know if the Disney shows will be weekly releases or binge releases?
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm assuming they will be binge/all-at-once releases until we hear otherwise. I haven't heard for sure either way, and a quick Google search didn't specify.
CJS4715
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Filoni... yes!
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Page 810 of 853
 
×
Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.