Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,859,079 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by TCTTS
Liquid Wrench
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Did they have Colbert there just to make sure nobody laughed?
PatAg
AG
Comedy man makes fun of my politics, therefore he is not funny.
Liquid Wrench
**** right off with that.

He was funny when he was on Comedy Central. His current show doesn't even attempt to be funny. The only way anyone could like his current show is if they agree with his strident political screeds.
PatAg
AG
I think he is still funny. I'll agree that the show itself has gotten lazy, and they should get back to doing more variety in their comedy. But I guess their ratings dictate what topics/kind of jokes they make.
Liquid Wrench
I'm sure it's ratings-driven.

Anyway, I didn't mean to derail this thread into politics; it was just an offhand comment about an entertainer I don't think is funny anymore.

Back to Star Wars, anybody have a clue what that sparking/etching scene is at the 1:17 mark of the teaser? Watched several times but that part went by too fast for me to understand or invent my own explanation.

*Damn, the 2 SW threads thing confused me again about which one I was posting on.
AGGies0311
Rebuilding Kylo's helmet
AGGies0311
Liquid Wrench
Thanks.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
TCTTS
AG
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
jabberwalkie09
AG
That Vader action figure is hideous, but what looks like Hondo is awesome.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Ag Since 83
AG
Fun day at Celebration today. I attended the panel on the military in the Star Wars Universe, which was interesting. I think my favorite part was how they all admitted nobody could explain the way ranks work in the Rebellion.

The Timothy Zahn panel was PACKED and great to him talking about his history with Star Wars (later this year it'll be 30 years since he was first contacted about doing the Thrawn trilogy). The conversation somehow meandered into him talking about who would win between Thrawn and Thanos.

From there I headed to the cafeteria for food but happened to pass by the Star Wars Show live broadcast in time to see Boyega, Tran, and JJ interviewed live.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Farmer1906
AG
C@LAg said:

Ag Since 83 said:

The conversation somehow meandered into him talking about who would win between Thrawn and Thanos.

Thanos.

Thrawn is a fun character but he gets way too many "wins" using deductive reasoning that really could not work as described.

That and the fact Thanos is 100x stronger and could smash him into 1,000,000 pieces.
bangobango
AG
Trailer is such a "we f-ed up" by Disney. Wow.
The Collective
AG
bangobango said:

Trailer is such a "we f-ed up" by Disney. Wow.

I agree. The trailer is well done, but it is like a fan scripted it. I loved TLJ's marketing as well, so we will see how it goes.
AliasMan02
AG
I like the trailer and there is a lot there, and simultaneously not much. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little apprehensive about the inclusion of Palpatine.

But, big picture, a story centering on the Resistance crew going on a galaxy-spanning quest to find the secret to Anakin's origins and to beating Kylo once and for all is VERY Spielberg-y and just the sort of thing that plays to JJ's strengths.
Liquid Wrench
There has to be a transition from the resistance to this group. I'm interested in seeing where it goes.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Sadly I missed all the cast interviews on the SW Live stage. But, I did hit the Music of The Phantom Menace panel, which was pretty cool. We got to the military panel about 10 minutes too late and couldn't get in.

Still a great day overall, especially with the IX panel. Looking forward to tomorrow, with the Galaxy's Edge panel, which I'll watch at the SW Live stage, as well as a long tour of the entire Exhibit Hall.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
AMW2010
AG
MandoArms
Was watching TFA and realized the Han's first landing in the Falcon and the last look pretty similar.
IG: mando_arms
YouBet
AG
So, i guess the obvious assumption is that Rey is a Skywalker and/or Luke is not dead.

Pretty on the nose.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
BrownCoat said:

Was watching TFA and realized the Han's first landing in the Falcon and the last look pretty similar.

Nice
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Final panel is uncovered.

The Collective
AG
Great. They've brought Coca Cola into the Star Wars galaxy.

The Collective
AG
With that said, I guess I should appreciate the effort that they are making to blend in every day products, so it all "fits". I hope it doesn't appear in a show.
The Collective
AG
The tech behind galaxy's edge looks pretty damn amazing. I would think this is an oversell, but given it is in a Disney park, it is probably as cool as it looks.
PatAg
AG
I hope you are joking about worrying those end up in a star wars show.
The Collective
AG
PatAg said:

I hope you are joking about worrying those end up in a star wars show.

About 99.9% kidding.
TCTTS
AG
I do think Lucasfilm is going to want to steer clear of Avatar (scheduled for December '20 and '21) - if only because Disney owns Avatar now - but I don't think they give two sh*ts about going up against Aquaman in 2022. Warner Bros. would balk in a heartbeat. So 2022 would be my guess - three years after Episode IX - though this article is guessing 2023. Personally, I just can't see them waiting four years. Three years feels just right...

SpreadsheetAg
AG
CJS4715 said:

Great. They've brought Coca Cola into the Star Wars galaxy.

What are you *****ing about? That is AWESOME!!!! (For the theme park; not in a movie or canon)
The Collective
AG
Let me ***** and moan in peace, g'damnit!
First Page Last Page
Page 809 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.