Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,858,905 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by TCTTS
Cyprian
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Good stuff for just a teaser
MrPlow2010
AG
Was really hoping for a pod racing scene but oh well.

Jk it looks so cool and I can't wait. The clarity and detail on the x wing and millennium falcon looks amazing. Only bad thing is that it is still so far away.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
This whole scene. My God.

Average Joe
AG
With that 1 minute teaser I can say one thing with certainty. I would fully indorse J.J Abrams rebooting the original trilogy. I absolutely hated the idea before, but in J.J I trust.
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
With that 1 minute teaser I can say one thing with certainty. I would fully indorse J.J Abrams rebooting the original trilogy. I absolutely hated the idea before, but in J.J I trust.

Woah. Pump the brakes.
Average Joe
AG
quote:
quote:

Woah. Pump the brakes.
Not at all. I know it's a big thing to say, and I laughed at anyone who even MENTIONED it before. However, unless the story just really sucks (don't see that happening), the way the Abrams Star Wars universe looks is exactly how it should.

At least give me him remaking 1-3.
AgMarauder04
AG
I'll give you 1-3, but let's leave the original alone.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
I'll give you 1-3, but let's leave the original alone.

I'm thinking that's what he meant... rebooting 1-3. The "original Star Wars trilogy" is untouchable.
zgood10
AG
Holy **** Holy **** Holy ****
Knife_Party
I feel like a woman. Every time I think the trailer has lost it's emotional impact, I watch it again and the falcon scene brings tears to my eyes.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Watched it four times, hasn't lost its impact yet. Probably gonna watch it a dozen times before the day is over.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
TC, regarding being the highest grossing movie of all time, I know this much. It will be by far the biggest opening day of all time.
AMW2010
AG
quote:
I think the guy talking in the trailer is Max von Sydow.

I'm not sure I like a cross hilt on a light saber. It seems like it would limit your motion since those little light hilts could hurt you.

Exactly! If your hand slid up the shaft, those would slice your fingers right off at the knuckles! Seems like that is a flawed design in my mind.
redline248
AG
Dark side users are nothing, if not flawed
TCTTS
AG
That's Andy Serkis with the voice over, btw. Apparently confirmed.
SUPAGGIE
quote:
quote:

I'm not sure I like a cross hilt on a light saber. It seems like it would limit your motion since those little light hilts could hurt you.

Exactly! If your hand slid up the shaft, those would slice your fingers right off at the knuckles! Seems like that is a flawed design in my mind.

Or perhaps it doesn't matter! Could that guy have robot arms like Vader?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
Knife_Party
Who is Andy Serkis supposed to play? I still think the voice over is an inquisitor.
Mr. White
I'm walking on air the rest of the day!

I like the Storm Troopers in the troop carrier. Just seemed intense, like some big battle was about to happen.
redline248
AG
quote:
quote:
Black storm trooper? Aren't they all clones? Of a white dude...

Empire eventually discontinued the use of clones, and I think that actor is in disguise and not a real storm trooper. Isn't he one of the leads, and supposedly a Jedi in the movie?

Hmm, guess I was wrong, this was posted by tctts back on page 50

quote:
John Boyega (the lead) apparently starts out as a STORMTROOPER. For whatever reason, he defects

So those shots in the trailer are probably him running, and the other Stormtroopers are going after him.
Mr. White
The first minute of the trailer is new John Williams, right? If so, wow! He still has it!
Knife_Party
Some people aren't liking the trailer. Bunch of dumbasses. I about creamed my pants when the falcon popped on the screen.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
Some people aren't liking the trailer. Bunch of dumbasses. I about creamed my pants when the falcon popped on the screen.

Idiots.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:

I got the impression that the voice was a Sith Master... the way he said "Dark Side" seemed to be sinister. If that is indeed Serkis and he is the master, that's very interesting. Could we see our first motion captured sith lord in this flick?
AMW2010
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Or perhaps it doesn't matter! Could that guy have robot arms like Vader?

Light saber would still slice off robo fingers just as easy as fleshy ones hahA
AggieDPT
AG
quote:

Some people aren't going to be happy with anything that is produced.
Simplebay
AG
It moved. My fave shot

BMX Bandit
quote:
redline2489:50a

I'm going to be spending a lot of time trying to figure out why Stormtroopers were kept around after the fall of the Emperor

The rebellion is largely a leftist movement. Government employment for all

They had tens of thousands of soldiers looking for a job. Why wouldn't they make use of them?
Bruce Almighty
AG
The lightsaber was the only thing I didn't like but I'll wait until I see how it's used in the movie before really passing judgement.
Cave Johnson, CEO
AG
That shot of the Falcon......chills.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The x wings look amazing.
Aggrad08
AG
People criticized abrams in star trek (which I liked) for making it too star wars with the shaky camera and lens flare and big music.

And now hes doing is same shaky camera, lens flare and big music and it fits perfectly with star wars. I love it and have high hopes.

Also, note that the millennium falcon has a new square antenna instead of the big round one. I also like the broadsword mod on the light saber.
wangus12
AG
Definitely blew my nerd load while sitting in the deer stand. Why is it so damn far away
Aggie_Journalist
AG
I'm beyond psyched for this movie. The new energy and cinematic style JJ is bringing to the franchise is amazing.
Saxsoon
AG
quote:
This whole scene. My God.

Just . . . ****ing . . . beautiful
First Page Last Page
Page 81 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.