Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,858,789 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by TCTTS
Render
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://www.esquire.com/entertainment/movies/a24431350/star-wars-9-leak-rumor-death-star-weapon/

Obviously, they'll get the design right this time so it won't have any vulnerabilities...

Snark aside, I feel this was an inevitable plot point. TLJ resolved all of TFA's threats, so the only real crisis they can introduce is that the First Order has a means of immediately ending the war. In other words, another super weapon.
AliasMan02
AG
Render said:

https://www.esquire.com/entertainment/movies/a24431350/star-wars-9-leak-rumor-death-star-weapon/

Obviously, they'll get the design right this time so it won't have any vulnerabilities...

Snark aside, I feel this was an inevitable plot point. TLJ resolved all of TFA's threats, so the only real crisis they can introduce is that the First Order has a means of immediately ending the war. In other words, another super weapon.

If it's a version of the World Harvester, that's a totally different animal than the Death Stars or Starkiller Base. It wouldn't be the big nasty threat, but just a means of production for the FO... at least that's how I recall them being handled in the EU.
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
In other words, I wouldn't put too much stock in that.

Also, just FYI, we have a dedicated Episode IX thread...

https://texags.com/forums/13/topics/2964692
The Collective
AG
I find it funny that even a tabloid would pick up Mike Zeroh.
Render
AG
Yeah, stylistically it would be much different, but I feel many would still tack the "super weapon" label on it.

And TC is back!

And I forgot about the Episode IX thread. My bad. It's been buried for a few days now, so it was the ole "outta sight outta mind" thing going on with me.
TCTTS
AG
Render said:

And TC is back!
TCTTS
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
AliasMan02
AG
This is excellent news. I watched Solo again the other day and it really, really solid. Would love to see Ron get a crack at another film from scratch.

AliasMan02
AG
Well hello, there... This just happened at my friend's gourmet donut shop in Georgia!

agracer
AG
AliasMan02 said:

Well hello, there... This just happened at my friend's gourmet donut shop in Georgia!

wow, that's awesome....who are those people again.....
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
General Kenobi!
Flashdiaz
AG
Nice... hopefully your friend said "Here's your gourmet doughnut and when do you start filming Kenobi?"
The Collective
AG
So uncivilized.
Sex Panther
AG
That's awesome.

I would've told him to please save Black Mask for a Batman movie
**** THE RANGERS

**** GARCIA

ALTUVE IS GOD
Flashdiaz
AG
Cassian Andor in next Live Action TV Star Wars Series
Dro07
AG
So I take it this is a prequel to Rogue One?
Flashdiaz
AG
maybe there was a refrigerator on that beach on Scariff and he and Jyn survived.
Dro07
Dro07
AG
So currently we have 2 live action series. 1 Post OT and 1 Pre OT. So we have a chance to see a live action Ahsoka! What? I can dream right?
Duncan Idaho
Flashdiaz said:

Cassian Andor in next Live Action TV Star Wars Series

Does this mean we get more k-2SO?
AliasMan02
AG
They'll call the Cassian show "Fulcrum" is my bet.

A rebel show about spies, assassins, saboteurs, and general intelligence work would be DOPE especially if they're willing to let the Rebels be pretty gray
AliasMan02
AG
Ooh, the Cassian show could also possibly feature Enfys Nest.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
A surprise, to be sure, but a welcome one.

Glad Diego Luna is back.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Guaranteed.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Calling it - Cassian is Pedro Pascal's father.
redline248
AG
AliasMan02 said:

Do people really like Enfys Nest that much? The entire movie I thought they were saying infant's nest.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
I thought it was Inviss Ness
redline248
AG
I also thought it was the name of the gang, not a single person.
TCTTS
AG
They were clearly talking about...

amercer
AG
So Marvel is the best thing going because they understand that you constantly need new characters and new stories.

Why is Star Wars so determined to keep making stories stuck in the same period with characters we already know the endings for?

It's a giant universe with cool ass space wizards. Try going to some other part of it....
TCTTS
AG
I agree with you 100% that SW desperately needs to expand, but the difference is that all of Marvel's "new" characters have existed for years and years in comic book form. The MCU isn't inventing characters, they're adapting characters, where as SW would essentially be introducing all new "unproven" characters/locations, (and yes, I realize there are all kinds of EU characters they could technically adapt, but that's not happening). So I guess I can understand the psychological/financial barriers that Kennedy & co are up against in that regard. That said, all of this is moot because SW is finally introducing two brand new trilogies after Episode IX, it sounds like they just wanted to wrap up the old guard first for whatever whatever reasons.
AliasMan02
AG
redline248 said:

I also thought it was the name of the gang, not a single person.

I did at first. I think the way they introduced her made that kinda nebulous on purpose.
AliasMan02
AG
redline248 said:

AliasMan02 said:

Do people really like Enfys Nest that much? The entire movie I thought they were saying infant's nest.

I think her character design is top notch, and I loved that she ended up being just a kid. Her Cloudriders were also a great touch with all the races and particularly the nod to Rogue One.
First Page Last Page
Page 774 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.