Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,859,774 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 7 hrs ago by TCTTS
double aught
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I remembered in one trailer Obi Wan yelling "Nooooo!" from behind a red force field. So once they ran into that room with Darth Maul, I knew it was the end of the line for Qui Gon. Of course that had been spoiled by the track listings on the soundtrack, but I had avoided that.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:
I remember the trailers sorta ruined parts of the movie for me (Phantom Menace). We all watched that trailers so many times they were memorized and it was very jarring when the movie hit and some of the spoken lines in the movie were re-recorded (and in my opinion some sounded really horrible compared to the trailer). In other instances it appears they used one take for the trailer, but used a completely different take for the movie. It just sorta made the movie feel "off" at times when something we had watched dozens of times felt/sounded different in the actual movie.

Anybody else have the same experience or just me?

I know what you're talking about; most of the lines were Padme's if I recall. She spoke distinctly different in the trailer and the movie, not sure why.

There were a couple of instances for Qui-Gon as well where in the trailer he sounded American and in the movie you could hear his accent.

And jeez I watched that trailer 500 times - especially once I had recorded it off Entertainment Tonight.
MGS
I just wished they hadn't spoiled that Darth Maul's light saber was dual-bladed.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
I just wished they hadn't spoiled that Darth Maul's light saber was dual-bladed.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
quote:
I remember the trailers sorta ruined parts of the movie for me (Phantom Menace). We all watched that trailers so many times they were memorized and it was very jarring when the movie hit and some of the spoken lines in the movie were re-recorded (and in my opinion some sounded really horrible compared to the trailer). In other instances it appears they used one take for the trailer, but used a completely different take for the movie. It just sorta made the movie feel "off" at times when something we had watched dozens of times felt/sounded different in the actual movie.

Anybody else have the same experience or just me?

I know what you're talking about; most of the lines were Padme's if I recall. She spoke distinctly different in the trailer and the movie, not sure why.

Exactly... her lines were definitely re-recorded and sounded nothing like the trailers and nothing like Natalie Portman. Still one of the strangest voices I've ever heard in a movie. I guess Lucas was going for the whole "it's a secret the queen and Padme are the same person so let's change the queens voice"... not really sure, I just know it was another of the countless cock-ups in the original trilogy.
AliasMan02
AG
quote:

In retrospect, it should have been a huge red flag.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:
quote:

If it had only been a red flag, Qui-Gon Jinn would still be alive right now.
Saxsoon
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

If it had only been a red flag, Qui-Gon Jinn would still be alive right now.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
What you did there. See it, I do.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Friday morning:

TCTTS
AG
That's awesome.
dave94
AG
quote:
Friday morning:

That's awesome. Needs to be posted here too if you have an account:

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/606070-star-wars-episode-vii-force-awakens-2015-d-abrams-s-hamill-ford-fisher-206.html

The world needs to know.
Knife_Party
I don't know if I can make it to friday waiting for this thing.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Yeah, I hate to be entitled Star Wars fan, but where the hell are the leaks already?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
TCTTS
AG
Again, I have no idea how digital projectors work, but I'd be shocked if theater employees are able to view the trailer before Friday morning. I'm sure there's some kind of lock on the file, so I just don't see how this thing will get leaked. The first screenings are 7 AM EST that morning, so I'd expect a bootleg half an hour later or so. In other words, we'll likely be waking up to a trailer first thing Friday morning.
TCTTS
AG
Germain Lussier @GermainLussier
I tend to agree that Disney will post the trailer online at the same time to avoid bootlegs. I don't know this for sure, but it makes sense.

Peter S. Hall @PeterSHall
@GermainLussier They're also going to post it online so the rest of the world that's going to turn this into a billion+ movie can see it.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Fan-made poster, just trying to pass the time.

Red Five
AG
Was that fan Benjamin Knox?
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
nope, no bevel.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
That poster made me realize how weird it's gonna be seeing an older Carrie Fisher back as Leia. Especially after seeing all her stand-up routines over the years, making fun of the whole thing.
Ulrich
1. Harrison Ford looks like he gotch'er nose immediately before offering you a Worther's Original.
2. The red Jedi with the blue lightsaber has that classic Knoxian/Escher thing going on with her arm.
3. The Falcon is too elongated.
4. The hooded clone trooper looks really weird. The helmet appears to be in a single convex arc when viewed in profile.
5. What is all that other stuff/people?
6. Try to mimic with your own arms how Luke is holding his lightsaber. Go ahead, try.
dave94
AG
The smirk on Han, lol.
Farmer1906
AG
Relax, bud.
Ulrich
NO!
Red Five
AG
Specifically mentioning Luke without pointing out his tiny golden baby hand?
Ulrich
Doesn't everyone have a tiny golden baby hand?

Isn't that the hand he lost? If so, I thought the artist was going for a golden version of what Anakin had, and the execution is not much different on that than on the rest of the drawing.
COOL LASER FALCON
Seriously wtf is Luke doing? Is his left hand supporting his right arm?
Ulrich
I think maybe he had his false hand replaced with a lightsaber, which would make the golden hand on the saber a decoration.
TexAgBolter
AG
Official Star Wars Twitter just announced trailer will drop Friday on Apple trailer site.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:
Official Star Wars Twitter just announced trailer will drop Friday on Apple trailer site.
I need a time in microseconds please.
videoag98
AG
Fan Made, but not bad. Thought it was the real deal at first.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Yep, they wised up. No need for bootlegs now.

Can't wait.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Also, pretty sure if they're just going with itunes trailers it will crash within the hour, if it's the only place to see it. They should release it simultaneously on youtube and facebook.

Unless there's some sort of exclusivity deal with Apple of course.
First Page Last Page
Page 77 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.