Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,859,943 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by TCTTS
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I bet it's up even earlier. Some movie theater employee will have it online late thursday night, I bet.
TCTTS
AG
Because there aren't any wide releases this Friday (Wednesday this week instead), there won't be the usual Thursday night premieres, and thus no trailer premiere late Thursday night. I'm wondering if there will be midnight screenings, though, just to accommodate the trailer? Or maybe Disney won't allow screenings until first thing Friday morning? Either way, I'd say the earliest a bootleg makes its way online is around 1 AM EST Thursday night/Friday morning, or, at the latest, 10 AM EST or so Friday morning. There will no doubt be hordes of fanboys who show up just to watch/record the trailer, then immediately go home to upload it.
TCTTS
AG
quote:
I bet it's up even earlier. Some movie theater employee will have it online late thursday night, I bet.

True. But they probably won't be able to "unlock" it until a designated time.
TCTTS
AG
Cinemark TheatresVerified account@Cinemark
"I find your lack of faith disturbing." #TheForceAwakens trailer is coming to select Cinemark theatres. Details soon!

That's now Regal, AMC, and Cinemark, with others likely joining soon.
COOL LASER FALCON
I won't have to go to a theater just for this, but I do think I'll hold out for a non-bootlegged version just for the quality.
The Collective
AG
quote:
I really need the scum of the Internet to get this trailer up quick on Friday cuz I don't see my wife and twin 2 year olds wanting to go see a movie on Friday.

Rebel scum
double aught
AG
quote:
I won't have to go to a theater just for this, but I do think I'll hold out for a non-bootlegged version just for the quality.
Agreed. It's worth it, for me, to wait a few days for high quality.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
quote:
Agreed. It's worth it, for me, to wait a few days for high quality.
double aught
AG
I don't want my experience sullied by bootleg junk.
TCTTS
AG
As weird as this sounds, I actually almost enjoy watching the bootlegs first for these mega-trailers. There's something kind of fun about seeing it for the first time that way, trying to make out certain shots, and then finally getting the full/clear picture with the HD version a couple of days later.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Full theater list:

AZ PHOENIX HARKINS TEMPE MARKETPLACE
CA LOS ANGELES AMC CENTURY CITY
CA LOS ANGELES Indep EL CAPITAN
CA IRVINE REGAL SPECTRUM IRVINE 21
CA SAN FRANCISCO AMC METERON 16
CA SAN JOSE CINEMARK OAKRIDGE 20
CA SAN DIEGO REGAL MIRA MESA 18
CAN TORONTO CPX YOUNGE & DUNDAS
CAN VANCOUVER CPX RIVERPORT
CO DENVER AMC WESTMINSTER 24
DC WASH D.C AMC TYSONS CORNER 16
FL MIAMI CARMIKE PARISIAN 20
GA ATLANTA REGAL ATLANTIC STATION
IL CHICAGO REGAL CITY NORTH
MA BOSTON AMC BOSTON COMMONS 19
MI DETROIT CINEMARK SHOWCASE 20
MN MINNEAPOLIS AMC SOUTHDALE
MO KANSAS CITY AMC STUDIO 30
NY NEW YORK AMC LINCOLN SQUARE 12
NY NEW YORK REGAL UNION SQAURE
OH CLEVELAND CINEMARK CINEMARK 24
PA PHILADELPHIA REGAL WARRINGTON 22
TN NASHVILLE CARMIKE THOROUGHBRED 20
TN KNOXVILLE REGAL PINNACLE
TX DALLAS CINEMARK PLANO 20
TX HOSTON REGAL MARQ*E STADIUM 23
TX AUSTIN ALAMO ALAMO S LAMAR
UT SALT LAKE CITY CINEMARK CINEMARK 24 WJ
WA SEATTLE REGAL THORNTON PLACE 14
WI MILWAUKEE MARCUS BROOKFIELD 16
TCTTS
AG
Btw, here's the full, official list of participating theaters...

http://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-the-force-awakens-tease-theater-list

I live ten minutes from the AMC Century City here in LA, but, as fate would have it, will be halfway across the country in College Station this weekend. Oh, well.
TCTTS
AG
Beat me to it!
double aught
AG
Come on TC. Can't let people like Brian scoop you when you're running that site.
Knife_Party
****. Only 30? Guess I'll be watching the bootlegged versions. I cant wait long enough for an HD one.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I'm debating whether or not it's worth a $22 train ride to Manhattan to see it...
amercer
AG
I'm not dragging my kid down to Tyson's Corner just for a preview.

Bootleg it is
Farmer1906
AG
You were debating last page too.
double aught
Saxsoon
AG
Ad yep, knew that was going to be the Seattle location.
TCTTS
AG
Josh Lincoln Dickey @NotoriousJLD
Odds that the STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS trailer leaks online before Friday, or is posted simultaneously? 99% or 100%?
TCTTS
AG
Joseph Kahn @JosephKahn
2 minutes after STAR WARS 7 trailer airs in theaters an iPhone capture will post on YouTube. Just release it in HD. Can't fight progress.

Joseph Kahn @JosephKahn
All Disney is insuring by only releasing in theaters is 99.999% of people will see the Star Wars trailer as a ****ty bootleg.

Joseph Kahn @JosephKahn
The main argument I have against this is Disney is haphazardly mainstreaming bootlegging as it will be the only option. Dumb long term play.

Joseph Kahn @JosephKahn
JJ being retro trying to recapture old theatrical culture. But backfire when everyone sees this trailer handheld pov and compressed.
TCTTS
AG
^ In agreement 100%. I get what directors like Abrams and Nolan are trying to do, but what they don't consider is that the vast majority of people will then instead be seeing it via crappy bootleg for the first time. That said, I have a feeling Disney will end up releasing an HD version online sometime Friday. They'll basically be forced to, and that's actually probably the plan.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
Yeah, forgot I'd posted it.
Farmer1906
AG
quote:
quote:
Yeah, forgot I'd posted it.

Just giving you ****. I say do it. What's 22 when you get to see a kickass trailer movie too if you pick a winner. Find some nerdy chick to bring with you.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I figure it's worth it if I sneak into a second movie after the first one's over. Fairly easy to do with these multi floor theaters.
TCTTS
AG
As long as there's not reserved seating...
Cyprian
AG
Ill accept a grainy cam trailer if that's what it takes to get my fix.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I'm basically checking this thread and the ForceNet boards every 2-3 seconds waiting for a leak, a screenshot, or anything else.
jr15aggie
AG
Am I the only one sorta not looking forward to the trailer? I mean, it's a teaser... The only thing it will do is drive up hype and make the lack of any real news worse. Just some music, a few quick shots, and then 6 months for the real trailers to start.

I'm currently excited for the movie... But the teaser might take it to a whole new level and that's just not fair with 12+ months before release.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
i can't wait for it. I was talking to an Ag buddy of mine last night via text about The Phantom Menace trailer. After seeing it with The Waterboy the night before, I went over to his office in the middle of the day the following day, commandeered a computer and we spent 2-1/2 hours downloading the TPM trailer on Quicktime, with it taking up about 1/50th of the screen. We both remember it like it was yesterday, even though it was 16 years ago.

Here's a piece The Hollywood Reporter has today about comparing the new trailer release to the one in 1998 - literally almost 16 years ago (Nov. 19, 1998). My favorite part is the attendance for the Denzel movie "The Siege" at the theater they talk about in LA - the day before, 175 people saw that movie. The day of the trailer, it was TWO THOUSAND and 7. And that was from a time when the Internet was just in its fledgling stages, Facebook and Twitter were nothing, and people still got most of their news from TV/radio.

They've got a link to the first TPM trailer at the end. I remember being in that theater with my dad and brother and the whole place ERUPTING for the "Anakin Skywalker, meet Obi-Wan Kenobi" moment; ERUPTING when Yoda appeared; ERUPTING when Maul lit the double-saber. What a series of moments.

amercer
AG
Too bad that was all the decent parts of the movie...
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
That's awesome Muck.

I don't specifically remember much about TPM other than I loved it, but I remember the whole theater going absolutely nuts when Yoda pulls out his lightsaber in Clones.
dave94
AG
I still remember seeing that first shot of the trailer, how cool it looked, these unknown figures coming out of the fog....too bad it ended up being a bunch of Gungans!
jr15aggie
AG
I remember the trailers sorta ruined parts of the movie for me (Phantom Menace). We all watched that trailers so many times they were memorized and it was very jarring when the movie hit and some of the spoken lines in the movie were re-recorded (and in my opinion some sounded really horrible compared to the trailer). In other instances it appears they used one take for the trailer, but used a completely different take for the movie. It just sorta made the movie feel "off" at times when something we had watched dozens of times felt/sounded different in the actual movie.

Anybody else have the same experience or just me?
First Page Last Page
Page 76 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.