Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,860,142 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 9 hrs ago by TCTTS
AgMarauder04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
fig96
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Seeing as it made nearly $3B, and the new Pandora area in Disney World is the most popular area across all of their parks, I'm gonna say some people do.
I think that's more because it's really cool, not so much that people are into the material.
Liquid Wrench

Quote:

So what do y'all think the Disney-Fox merger will mean for Star Wars going forward?
Right now, I would guess that Star Wars will be key to the launch of Disney's streaming service. They may skip theatrical re-releases to focus on that.
TCTTS
AG
This is a good point. Disney is going ALL-IN on their streaming platform. Some pretty big movies are being planned/developed exclusively for the service (outside of the Star Wars / Marvel brands). I could eventually see a world in which the spin-off type movies are streaming service only and the "main" movies are the only ones that are theatrical.
Liquid Wrench
I assumed ths was already posted in this thread but didn't go back through every page:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-08-02/disney-is-said-to-seek-star-wars-rights-back-from-tbs-tnt

They're trying to buy back broadcast rights of the movies from TBS/TNT for their streaming service. Which leads me to think they're expecting SW (and probably the MCU too) to be key components. The viewing options we've been accustomed to on cable and Netflix could be changing fairly dramatically in the next couple years.
TCTTS
AG
Yeah, posted that on the previous page. Gonna be interesting to see if they can get them back by 2019.
amercer
AG
I have zero interest in Avatar 2, but until James Cameron makes a bad (or unprofitable) movie, you can't bet against him.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Christopher Robin was not a good movie, but there is a fantastic scene reuniting Obi-Wan Keobi and Sio Bibble near the end.

My wife did not find it funny when I said to the screen

"The arrival of this bear can mean only one thing .... INVASION."
dave94
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

Christopher Robin was not a good movie, but there is a fantastic scene reuniting Obi-Wan Keobi and Sio Bibble near the end.

Because maybe it's not that funny?

Not trying to be a d*ck, just saying
MuckRaker96 said:

It's only funny if your "wife" is actually two robots, one on either side of you.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
dave94 said:

MuckRaker96 said:

You are the very definition of being a d*ck. I can see the sac behind you.
dave94
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

dave94 said:

MuckRaker96 said:

You are the very definition of being a d*ck. I can see the sac behind you.
Ha, sorry, dude, that's what a drunk 4am post looks like.

My bad.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I mean, to be fair, that's a very niche joke.
The Collective
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

It's a deep cut, no doubt.
Rex Racer
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Maybe it's because I watched the trailer for the Phantom Menace a bazillion times before the movie came out, and that line was in there, but I got the joke right away.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
TCTTS
AG
10-episode first season at $10M per episode. On par with Game of Thrones. Getting more and more excited for this...

Dro07
AG
holy crap this better be good! Do we know any more information about the live action series?
TCTTS
AG
Literally all we know is that it's set seven years after Return of the Jedi and that Jon Favreau is directing the pilot.
Dro07
AG
dang so many possibilities...

From the previous thread about Episode IX i wonder if they do go with Thrawn and expand his and Snokes past in this. They obviously won't delve into the Skywalker or solo cuz that would mean a recast of people to play them and I doubt they want to go that route.
israeliag
AG
For reference Star Trek Discovery came in at around 6-7M an ep.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
So a little after "Lost Stars" and "Aftermath: Empire's End" but way before "Last Shot" / "Bloodline" / "Phasma"
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
My 6-year-old daughter has left Taris in her Knights of the Old Republic game and confronted Juhani in the ancient grove. When Juhani kept running her mouth about the dark side, she timidly pointed to the conversation option that said "And now I will end you!"

Upon killing Juhnai she grew pensive, I asekd her what she was thinking about, and she said, "Does this mean I get to fight with 2 lightsabers now?"

redline248
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
TCTTS said:

Literally all we know is that it's set seven years after Return of the Jedi and that Jon Favreau is directing the pilot.
And that it might be about the Mandolorians. Which gives me an excuse to post this. God I miss Star Wars Galaxies.

twilly
AG
I didn't know this was on today, but ESPN went all day with "The OCHO" (Remember Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story)

It's the day where they televise obscure sports that rarely see the light of day...like competitive Lightsaber fighting.

The 2018 Saber Legion 2018: Awakening
jabberwalkie09
AG
Lol.... saw this at lunch today. Iirc it was followed by sumo wrestling, which is vastly improved if you narrate it like a Godzilla dubbed movie.
OnlyForNow
AG
I saw team tag.
gougler08
AG
Man, ESPN is really hurting for content
RebAg13
AG
gougler08 said:

Man, ESPN is really hurting for content

August
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
TCTTS
AG
If this holds true, it means that...

A) The series likely WILL be part of the launch of Disney's streaming platform in late 2019 (there was/is a question of whether the show would be ready in time or not, as a late 2019 launch for the platform is apparently locked).

B) We're not only getting Episode IX in late 2019, but TEN MORE HOURS of live-action, high-quality Star Wars content "with some big surprises" around the same time as well. I always figured Disney would want to stagger their releases, and have the show hit, say, summer 2020, but I guess not...

Farmer1906
AG
So in 2019 we're getting a season of Stranger Things, the final season of GOT, and a new Star Wars show unlike any previous one. I am personally looking forward to Chris Pine's show on TNT too .Its going to be a great year of TV.
ja86
AG
is the new star wars show going to be only on the Disney streaming service? I know that they are going to pull all the marvel content off of netflix starting with the Captain Marvel movie.
Farmer1906
AG
ja86 said:

is the new star wars show going to be only on the Disney streaming service? I know that they are going to pull all the marvel content off of netflix starting with the Captain Marvel movie.
Yes.

Disney is about to make stupid amounts of money on this service. Who's not going to have it?
First Page Last Page
Page 755 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.