Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,859,161 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by TCTTS
Fat Bib Fortuna
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

All prequels are ahead of TFA and TLJ, imo. Though I do love Rey's Theme and Jedi Steps.
TPM has a fantastic soundtrack, it would rival the OT if the movie was better.

ROTS is too heavy-handed for me, which I know sounds a little dumb given the plot of the movie. Too many choruses singing. And I dislike General Grievous and his music, so that's 2 tracks wasted for a CGI sideshow.I feel like the best tracks are the one's that retouch old cues, specifically "A New Hope and End Credits."

AOTC is sort of a train wreck. Never understood the recycled music from TPM. I really do like "Across the Stars" although that title is terrible. The electric guitar in "Zam the Assassin" is probably my least-favorite Star Wars track ever.

The blending of Luke's theme and Rey's theme on "Ach-To Island" on TLJ soundtrack is currently my favorite thing.

And I continue to not like sand.

The Collective
AG
I'm a fan of the Resistance theme as well from TFA.
jabberwalkie09
AG
CJS4715 said:

I'm a fan of the Resistance theme as well from TFA.

I am as well. I actually can't rememeber any music from TLJ's score, yet I remember that TFA's score had Jedi Steps, Rey's Theme, and March of the Resistance.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
the moment where Han Solo says "It's the Resistance" when the X-wings come along the water is one kick ass moment.
Ulrich
I'm not a big soundtrack guy, but TFA's has a couple moments that almost give me chills.
exitone
AG
This may have already been mentioned, but I'm laying down my prediction here. There is going to be a lot of pandering to fans after TLJ and JJ is going to try and steer things back on course (not that there really seemed to be one for this trilogy). My prediction is Keri Russell is going to pull another wig out of her KGB stash and end up being Mara Jade. And Rey is the output of that relationship.

... If I'm wrong <wave hand> there is nothing to see here </wave hand>.
Saul Goodman
AG
From the moment Luke arrives at the Resistance's base on Crait, to him dying, is some of my favorite SW score. It's so epic and works really well with the emotional rollercoaster of those scenes.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
The score for TLJ was not the problem for that movie. The problems have been well documented here. The score itself is fantastic.
redline248
AG
Legitimate source?

Flashdiaz
AG

here come the midichlorians and micro-universe.
Dro07
AG
Disney:

israeliag
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

All prequels are ahead of TFA and TLJ, imo. Though I do love Rey's Theme and Jedi Steps.
Rey's theme is so great. I just wish it was really punched up in the midst of the movie. Give me a treatment of it to a lightsaber duel or some gazing off to binary stars (or maybe there already is... i'm going to listen through TLJ's soundtrack now... thanks).
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
After watchin the trailers eleventy billion times. I, as a 41-year-old man, pumped my fist when i saw the water kicking up above the lake.

TCTTS
AG
redline248 said:

Legitimate source?

Here's the original story, from MovieWebb, who isn't known for breaking exclusives, but also isn't known to feed BS. There are a lot of nuggets in this report, and everything in it seems fairly plausible, but who knows...

TCTTS
AG
Stumbled upon this one as well, which would be cool as hell (Snoke flashbacks), but something about this one feels off. Too fan service-y...

Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
He did fix the TFA teaser back in the day.

AustinAg2K
I hope they don't try to fix everything by going back and trying to explain things like Snoke. I worry they'll end up making Last Jedi feel pointless the way Last Jedi made Force Awakens seem pointless. At this point, I think they should just move on.
TCTTS
AG
Part of me really wants to see flashbacks in a Star Wars movie, but I hear your point.
Dro07
AG
I agree. I mean if you think about it they have an opportunity to make movies/ live action or animated series that takes place between 6 and 7 where they can explain or fix these issues.
israeliag
AG
We did get flashbacks in TLJ, and I thought it was a great way to show the schism between Luke and Kylo. I'm worried any flashbacks at this point would fee like retconning or pandering.
TCTTS
AG
True, but those were more like literal flashes. I'm talking more of an entire flashback timeline. Not super significant, but a nice little b-story that takes place in the past.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Quote:

The electric guitar in "Zam the Assassin" is probably my least-favorite Star Wars track ever.
I really dig it. It feels appropriate while seeing the Coruscant nightlife.
AliasMan02
AG
TCTTS said:

True, but those were more like literal flashes. I'm talking more of an entire flashback timeline. Not super significant, but a nice little b-story that takes place in the past.
An old idea.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Quote:

AOTC is sort of a train wreck. Never understood the recycled music from TPM.
I assume you mean Duel of the Fates?

Firstly, that just an awesome theme that should be in every movie.

But second, it's really not that odd. It was used in ROTS as well. (And quite well.)

Think of how the Force Theme was used throughout the entire OT, along with the Imperial March, Leia's Theme, Yoda's Theme, etc.
Malachi Constant
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Belton Ag
AG
AustinAg2K said:

I hope they don't try to fix everything by going back and trying to explain things like Snoke. I worry they'll end up making Last Jedi feel pointless the way Last Jedi made Force Awakens seem pointless. At this point, I think they should just move on.
I don't want them to spend an hour in flashbacks, but I think they need to address how Snoke came to find Kylo (whether before or after he destroyed Luke's academy) and explore that a little further. I think it could be done in 5 or 10 minutes.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
My guess: Snoke is drawn to Luke due to being the only remaining Force user in the galaxy. And through Luke he finds Kylo.
Belton Ag
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

My guess: Snoke is drawn to Luke due to being the only remaining Force user in the galaxy. And through Luke he finds Kylo.
Yeah, after TFA I kind of thought that Snoke might have been with Luke in some way when the academy was started and that he secretly worked on Kylo and eventually turned him, much the same way Chancellor Palpatine did with Anakin.

Now, I think that Snoke found Kylo and the Knights of Ren after they split away from Luke, and I'm not sure Snoke and Luke ever had any interactions at all. In TLJ, I don't think Luke ever even mentions Snoke.
Ulrich
I tried to be smart and funny but apparently I don't know how to post a gif.
Farmer1906
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

huh?
The Collective
AG
Belton Ag said:

Now, I think that Snoke found Kylo and the Knights of Ren after they split away from Luke, and I'm not sure Snoke and Luke ever had any interactions at all. In TLJ, I don't think Luke ever even mentions Snoke.

I'm not sure how that's possible, but I'm pretty weak-minded on this stuff. Spell out your reasoning a bit more.
redline248
AG
Leia tells Han it was Snoke that got to Ben and started manipulating him early. I don't know if that was before she let Luke train him, or while he was with Luke.

Either way, the implication is that Snoke was at least somewhat well known to the Republic. Which raises the question about why he and the First Order weren't taken more seriously by the Republic.
Belton Ag
AG
CJS4715 said:

Belton Ag said:

I'm not sure how that's possible, but I'm pretty weak-minded on this stuff. Spell out your reasoning a bit more.
Nowhere in the last two movies (I'm not talking about novels at all here) does it ever say that Snoke and Luke have ever met, spoken or interacted in any way whatsoever. I can't think of an instance where Luke Skywalker acknowledges he is even aware of Snoke (although I'm sure he is). We know obviously that Snoke is very aware of Luke, but not really the other way around.

Following that, I'm thinking that the first time Kylo encounters Snoke was after Kylo rebelled against Luke and destroyed his academy and left with some of the other students (whom I am assuming are the future Knights of Ren).
hurleyag
AG
Belton Ag said:

In TLJ, I don't think Luke ever even mentions Snoke.
Doesn't he mention that Snoke had already manipulated Kylo narrating one of his flashbacks?
Belton Ag
AG
hurleyag said:

Belton Ag said:

In TLJ, I don't think Luke ever even mentions Snoke.
Doesn't he mention that Snoke had already manipulated Kylo narrating one of his flashbacks?
Yeah he might. That's the problem with getting old, I could be forgetting something.
First Page Last Page
Page 752 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.