Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,859,862 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 7 hrs ago by TCTTS
The Collective
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
You will hate it all.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
cbr said:

Just checking in again, after about 350 pages, to confirm that Tlj is a garbage movie by any standard, and a borderline crime to destroy two iconic movie characters that way...

Then I see what's being discussed here and I must ask, where would one go to watch good Star Wars stuff outside the main movies? Never seen anything else, but would be interested in catching something good, but maybe not wading through 40 years of fan books and cartoons that might not be so great.

Appreciate any input.

Better than anything in Episode II or II.

I preferred Rebels because Clone Wars kept retreading the same confrontations as stalemates - Dooku vs. Jedi, Ventress vs. Jedi, Grievous vs. Jedi. Anything featuring the Clones or Asokha really won the day for me.

Rebels escalated its villains from Kallus and the Inquistor to Tarkin to multiple Inquisitors to Vader to Thrawn.

If you want some book rec's go with:

Anything Timothy Zahn has written about THrawn, but especially his series from the early 1990s
Darth Plagueis
Shatterpoint
bearamedic99
AG
was Darth Plagueis any good? the summary made it sound boring and rooting for the bad guy.
AliasMan02
AG
If you're listening on Audible, the Aftermath trilogy is very good. It's almost unreadable on paper.

If you're a Clone Wars watcher, I highly recommend Ahsoka and Dark Disciple.

Lords of the Sith and Tarkin are great Vader books and up the list of best overall, especially Tarkin.

It's a young adult title, but Lost Stars may be the best new Star Wars novel.
AliasMan02
AG
TCTTS
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
AliasMan02
AG
I love Filoni but imagine that making a live action series is waaaay different than an animated one. He also may not WANT to do live action.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Liquid Wrench
Who was that as "Boz Piedmont" with the giant beard?
AliasMan02
AG
Rewatching all the Maul episodes of TCW and am reminded how awesome the choreography is in this show. If you're not a Clone Wars veteran, maybe check out Season 5, Episode 1: Revival. A great Maul vs Kenobi episode, with the bonus of featuring Hondo, one of the animated canon's best characters.
redline248
AG
I must be the only person that doesn't like hondo
Dro07
AG
Yup. I hope he makes an appearance in the next solo movie
AliasMan02
AG
Man, the fight between Pre Vizsla and Maul is awesome, too. Any fight involving the Darksaber automatically gets bonus points.
fig96
AG
AliasMan02 said:

I love Filoni but imagine that making a live action series is waaaay different than an animated one. He also may not WANT to do live action.
Brad Bird seems to have made the transition nicely.
israeliag
AG
Not that big of a fan of his either.
YouBet
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I've seen a few episodes from season 1. I enjoyed what I saw but it just didn't grab me much.

And there is almost too much to watch these days; I tend to prioritize live-action over animation.

I'll definitely try to catch up before the newest season.
Be aware that you can't watch these in episodic order. For some stupid reason they were originally released out of chronological order. So, in some cases you have to jump forward and watch some episodes from season 2 before you watch some episodes in season 1. And this isn't a flashback scenario. They were literally released out of order.
TCTTS
AG
The Collective
AG
My body is ready for the intrigue and endless debate.
AliasMan02
AG
YouBet said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

I've seen a few episodes from season 1. I enjoyed what I saw but it just didn't grab me much.

And there is almost too much to watch these days; I tend to prioritize live-action over animation.

Be aware that you can't watch these in episodic order. For some stupid reason they were originally released out of chronological order. So, in some cases you have to jump forward and watch some episodes from season 2 before you watch some episodes in season 1. And this isn't a flashback scenario. They were literally released out of order.

They weren't released out of order. They were produced independently without respect to order. The series, particularly at the beginning, was a true serial that told individual stories that were pretty much self contained. You would start an episode and not know who was going to be in it or what the story would be.

Later, many popular episodes got lead-ins and the overall narrative took hold and it became more of a modern sequential series.
Meh. Not excited for this one after the turd that I saw last December. I'm going to wait for the reviews from this board before I consider seeing it.
TCTTS
AG
This sentiment has been posted/discussed ad nauseam since December. We all get it. I was simply posting it as news, not as endorsement.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Nobody can tell you if you'll like or dislike a movie, especially when it comes to Star Wars.
AgMarauder04
AG
I'm disappointed with how Luke was handled in VIII.

I can't WAIT for IX. I'm ready to see how we wrap up the saga.
AgMarauder04
AG
Challenge extended?
YouBet
AG
AliasMan02 said:

YouBet said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

They weren't released out of order. They were produced independently without respect to order. The series, particularly at the beginning, was a true serial that told individual stories that were pretty much self contained. You would start an episode and not know who was going to be in it or what the story would be.

Later, many popular episodes got lead-ins and the overall narrative took hold and it became more of a modern sequential series.
Well, whatever they did you can't watch them S1E1 through n because it will be massively confusing otherwise.
AliasMan02
AG
Sure you can. I agree it's not my favorite way to watch, but each episode stands alone with an intro and everything. It's how people watched it originally so it's not a huge problem.
YouBet
AG
AliasMan02 said:

Sure you can. I agree it's not my favorite way to watch, but each episode stands alone with an intro and everything. It's how people watched it originally so it's not a huge problem.

Several of the episodes have arcs that carry across more than one episode. Not every episode is self-contained.
AliasMan02
AG
YouBet said:

AliasMan02 said:

Several of the episodes have arcs that carry across more than one episode. Not every episode is self-contained.
Even those that have multi-episode arcs have the intros that catch you up. You could watch any episode on its own and be okay except maybe the REALLY deep arcs like Mortis or Yoda's search for the Living Force.
TCTTS
AG
SpreadsheetAg
Urban Ag
AG
If that was staged it's pure awesome. It that wasn't staged it's weapons grade pure awesome.
Malachi Constant
AG
It's staged

TCTTS
AG
Guys, of course it's staged.
redline248
AG
TCTTS said:

Guys, of course it's staged.

Yeah, didn't really think that needed to be pointed out
First Page Last Page
Page 749 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.