Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,859,257 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by TCTTS
twilly
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
CJS4715 said:

Are we finally getting the Siege of Mandalore story?

A lot of tweets coming out of Comic-Con suggest just that.

SDCC 2018: Breaking News: The Clone Wars to continue with Siege of Mandalore

jabberwalkie09
AG
redline248 said:

Ag Since 83 said:

Apparently the announcement at the panel was 12 new episodes on Disney's streaming service

There it is

I don't necessarily have a problem with this, but it's going to depend on what other titles they're going to have in the library. CBS all acces was supposed to have a better library than it does, but I canceled my subscription after I finished Discovery.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Mandalore
Maul

I can't help but feel this is all building to OBI-WAN.
AliasMan02
AG
This confirms the Siege of Mandalore, pretty much.

AliasMan02
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Mandalore
Maul

What if Bo-Katan and Obi Wan hook up? Hmmmmm...
redline248
AG
AliasMan02 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Mandalore
Maul

What if Bo-Katan and Obi Wan hook up? Hmmmmm...

It would be a slap in the face to Satine, whom he repeatedly refused to be romantic with
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Well, I officially need to actually watch Clone Wars...
The Collective
AG
redline248 said:

It would be a slap in the face to Satine, whom he repeatedly refused to be romantic with

Grief is a funny thing.
jabberwalkie09
AG
AliasMan02 said:

This confirms the Siege of Mandalore, pretty much.

The Collective
AG
How long does Netflix have a deal with Disney? One would think Disney would be interested in keeping their content on their service exclusively.
Dro07
AG
Do we know when this is coming out? I am guessing this will be part of the Disney streaming with marvel stuff as well.
SeattleAgJr
dromo07 said:

Do we know when this is coming out? I am guessing this will be part of the Disney streaming with marvel stuff as well.
Fall 2019
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Given your prequel love,, how is this even possible?
SeattleAgJr
MuckRaker96 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

it starts rough but becomes the single best collection of star wars related lore.

and that includes when it was part of the EU.
Ag Since 83
AG
Mortis sucks
hurleyag
AG
As someone who has not seen Rebels aside from a breif scene here or there, but isn't Obi Won under the assumption that Maul is dead when he shows up in the his "final" death scene?
AliasMan02
AG
hurleyag said:

As someone who has not seen Rebels aside from a breif scene here or there, but isn't Obi Won under the assumption that Maul is dead when he shows up in the his "final" death scene?

No, he knows he's out there.
hurleyag
AG
Thank you for clarifying.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I'm usually not one for reaction videos, but this one from inside Comic-Con with the trailer is pretty awesome.

It's nice to see Star Wars fans getting together to do something cool, like enough outpouring of support to bring back Clone Wars instead of the endless infighting about what DIsney exec has what agenda and how Rose Tico isn't skinny enough. Make my old 9-year-old self in 1983 headed into seeing ROTJ smile.

powerbelly
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

israeliag
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

I'm usually not one for reaction videos, but this one from inside Comic-Con with the trailer is pretty awesome.

Chills.

I just found out the news and rushed over here. So excited!

And Brian, you're in for a treat!
israeliag
AG
SeattleAgJr said:

MuckRaker96 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

it starts rough but becomes the single best collection of star wars related lore.

and that includes when it was part of the EU.
I thought it got good surprisingly quick - in an early episode (episode 10) when a Jedi and his Padawan take on Grievous. But yeah, the episodes before were repetitive with all the constant last minute escapes by Dooku or Grievous.
Coog97
So, have the TV series have surpassed the new flagship, episodic theatrical releases in significance? There seems to be so much more enthusiasm around Rebels and TCW than there ever was around VII and VIII... an entusiasm that has endured, considering the excitement this announcement generated.

Same deal... watching the reaction vid from SDCC gave me goosebumps.
FL_Ag1998
AG
Am I the only one who likes Rebels more than Clone Wars (and I liked Clone Wars and Ahsoka ended up being one of my favorite SW characters)?

Regardless, my 9 yr old son and I exchanged some excited smiles when we saw that new Clone Wars trailer.
The Collective
AG
People trust Filoni. It's that simple.
Ag Since 83
AG
Significance amongst the die hard fans? Maybe

Significance in pop culture in general? No chance
hurleyag
AG
FL_Ag1998 said:

Am I the only one who likes Rebels more than Clone Wars (and I liked Clone Wars and Ahsoka ended up being one of my favorite SW characters)?

Regardless, my 9 yr old son and I exchanged some excited smiles when we saw that new Clone Wars trailer.
I think part of it has to do with accessibility. A lot more people have seen Clone Wars since it was on Netflix and Rebels has only ever been on DisneyXD.
redline248
AG
Clone Wars also has the benefit of existing characters. Obi-Wan, Anakin, Yoda, Mace, Dooku, etc, and Ventress was a pretty good villain. Rebels did a great job with Maul, but he was also in Clone Wars.

I don't know which I like better, honestly.
powerbelly
AG
FL_Ag1998 said:

IMO the clone wars at its best was better than Rebels, but it also had a lot of terrible mixed in. Rebels has been more consistently good.
Hagen95
AG
The hype over Ep VII was exponentially greater than either of these two TV series.

I like both series (Dave Filoni rocks) and enjoyed them for what they were, but as much as the movies are targeted towards kids, the animated series are kids shows first and foremost.
bangobango
AG
Interesting comments about Luke and Episode IX buried in this tweet string (Kasdan doesn't think Luke will be in Episode IX at all).

Check out @JonKasdan's Tweet:
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I've seen a few episodes from season 1. I enjoyed what I saw but it just didn't grab me much.

And there is almost too much to watch these days; I tend to prioritize live-action over animation.

I'll definitely try to catch up before the newest season.
cbr
AG
Just checking in again, after about 350 pages, to confirm that Tlj is a garbage movie by any standard, and a borderline crime to destroy two iconic movie characters that way...

Then I see what's being discussed here and I must ask, where would one go to watch good Star Wars stuff outside the main movies? Never seen anything else, but would be interested in catching something good, but maybe not wading through 40 years of fan books and cartoons that might not be so great.

Appreciate any input.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Read Lords of the Sith.
redline248
AG
I always recommend the Clone Wars animated movie as a starter.
First Page Last Page
Page 748 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.