Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,860,902 Views | 43822 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by The Porkchop Express
israeliag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hell yes!

Quote:

"The idea for Star Wars Resistance came out of my interest in World War II aircraft and fighter pilots" said Filoni. "My grandfather was a pilot and my uncle flew and restored planes, so that's been a big influence on me. There's a long history of high-speed racing in Star Wars, and I think we've captured that sense of excitement in an anime-inspired style, which is something the entire team has been wanting to do for a long time."

Quote:

n addition to Isaac and Christie, the voice cast includes actors Christopher Sean (Days of Our Lives), Suzie McGrath (East Enders), Scott Lawrence (Legion), Myrna Velasco (Elena of Avalor), Josh Brener (Silicon Valley), Donald Faison (Scrubs), Bobby Moynihan (DuckTales), Jim Rash (Community), and Rachel Butera (Tammy's Tiny Tea Time).
twilly
AG
Belton Ag said:

Finally! THIS is where Phasma will shine!

Right?
512Ag
AG
Only if she polishes up that chrome dome.
Ag Since 83
AG
Well this COULD be awesome.

Although it might also feel like a Rebels rehash
Dro07
AG
so we get the back story to the first order but where does Ahsoka fit into this?

-Little Fin introduced into the order
-Hux gets its first training death star
-Maz and Han meeting?
SeattleAgJr
Did I miss this - do we know if it is 3D or 2D (like "Forces of Destiny")?

Looking forward to it, but not thrilled about it being "anime-inspired."

Hopefully we get a preview of the look on May 4th,
SeattleAgJr
israeliag said:

Quote:

Donald Faison (Scrubs),

I wonder if he will be playing Gary the Stormtrooper.
txagman1998
AG
Quote:

-Maz and Han meeting?

There was a Forces of Destiny episode that showed Leia and Chewie meeting Maz between ESB and ROTJ. Maz referred to Chewie as "my boyfriend" and asked about Han, but it was clear she and Leia had never met. Which makes me think the Maz-Han/Chewie relationship developed before Han met Leia, which means they have been friends since before ANH.
Dro07
AG
thanks for the heads up. Just read that this takes place after bloodlines so my list is worthless
fig96
AG
EDIT: already posted.
AliasMan02
AG
May get to see the T-85 X-Wing that the Republic fleet uses.
wangus12
AG
SeattleAgJr said:

israeliag said:

Quote:

Donald Faison (Scrubs),

I wonder if he will be playing Gary the Stormtrooper.
SeattleAgJr
that ewok skit always freaked me out.
jabberwalkie09
AG
SeattleAgJr said:

Did I miss this - do we know if it is 3D or 2D (like "Forces of Destiny")?

Looking forward to it, but not thrilled about it being "anime-inspired."

Hopefully we get a preview of the look on May 4th,

I'm thinking it's going to depend on the style of animation they choose to use. I'd think more Voltron on Netflix style which is done by Studio Mir out of South Korea (iirc), and less slice of life/comedy moe style out of Japan. Studio Mir also did Legend of Korea iirc. Though, one of the complaints regarding current animation styles is the use of 3D CGI elements with regular 2D animation.

With TCW and Rebels, it was all 3D and quality was pretty good across the board in most cases. Mixing 2D with 3D could present a bit of a challenge in making it meet their standard of quality.
SeattleAgJr
rebels used relatively simplistic models and was pretty sparse, compared to the Clone Wars. This was due to a decrease in the budget.
But the lighting was gorgeous and made the 3D look so much better.

2D animation in general , especially 2D anime style, no longer does anything for me. I used to love, it, but now it is something of a turnoff for me.

I trust the stories will be great, the voice cast is lining up to be solid.
But for me, the art style will be make/break whether I can watch it.
Ag Since 83
AG
txagman1998 said:

Quote:

-Maz and Han meeting?

There was a Forces of Destiny episode that showed Leia and Chewie meeting Maz between ESB and ROTJ. Maz referred to Chewie as "my boyfriend" and asked about Han, but it was clear she and Leia had never met. Which makes me think the Maz-Han/Chewie relationship developed before Han met Leia, which means they have been friends since before ANH.

In the new Han/Lando novel Han is on Takodana at Maz's place something like 7 or 8 years before ANH. I'm not very far into the book and it's been a few days so I don't remember all the details
jabberwalkie09
AG
SeattleAgJr said:

rebels used relatively simplistic models and was pretty sparse, compared to the Clone Wars. This was due to a decrease in the budget.
But the lighting was gorgeous and made the 3D look so much better.

2D animation in general , especially 2D anime style, no longer does anything for me. I used to love, it, but now it is something of a turnoff for me.

I trust the stories will be great, the voice cast is lining up to be solid.
But for me, the art style will be make/break whether I can watch it.

Really depends on which studio is doing the animation, and whether that studio can keep the quality up through the episodes. Some studios drop their quality as a series goes on which is very much noticeable on your long run anime adaptions from manga/comics like you had with the big three (Bleach, Naruto, One Piece). Some of your shorter run shows didn't suffer quite as much like Ghost in the Shell, Fate/Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works, or Psycho-Pass to name a few, but like I said that varies by studio.

Though considering that Lucasfilm is under Disney, and Disney's history of animation, I guess they could snag some from there if they wanted. However, I do get your point about the lighting and usually that is something not conveyed very well in most 2D animation styles.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
israeliag said:

Hell yes!

Quote:

"The idea for Star Wars Resistance came out of my interest in World War II aircraft and fighter pilots" said Filoni. "My grandfather was a pilot and my uncle flew and restored planes, so that's been a big influence on me. There's a long history of high-speed racing in Star Wars, and I think we've captured that sense of excitement in an anime-inspired style, which is something the entire team has been wanting to do for a long time."

Quote:

n addition to Isaac and Christie, the voice cast includes actors Christopher Sean (Days of Our Lives), Suzie McGrath (East Enders), Scott Lawrence (Legion), Myrna Velasco (Elena of Avalor), Josh Brener (Silicon Valley), Donald Faison (Scrubs), Bobby Moynihan (DuckTales), Jim Rash (Community), and Rachel Butera (Tammy's Tiny Tea Time).

I yelled "TURK!" loudly in public today when I saw this news. And then watched this 5 times in a row.

Azariah
AG
I just finished Rebels. wtf happened at the end? how the hell does it jive that there's another living Force user in Ezra when supposedly Luke and Leia are the last ones?
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Azariah said:

I just finished Rebels. wtf happened at the end? how the hell does it jive that there's another living Force user in Ezra when supposedly Luke and Leia are the last ones?
Obi-Wan and Yoda want to see you in the conference room.
TCTTS
AG
The author of this piece thinks this might be Lando's daughter...

AliasMan02
AG
Not through it yet but some indication they might be headed that way in Last Shot. Setting it up, anyway.
Ag Since 83
AG
Connecting a book that comes out now to a movie that's just been written? No way Lucasfilm plans things out that well
TCTTS
AG
He's growing out his hair, which likely means a fairly lengthy time jump between movies. I wouldn't call this "major" by any means...

SpreadsheetAg
AG
Cool then my IX intro is still in play
The Collective
AG
Boyega going to have longer hair than his woman?
TCTTS
AG
I cannot believe this exists, much less is A) genuinely hilarious, and B) an officially-sanctioned video narrated by Ron Howard himself...

3rdGen2015
AG
This is the best thing I've seen on the Internet in a long time
zgood10
AG
Amazing
Duncan Idaho
There are dozens of people retweeting that. Dozens
The Collective
AG
Genius.
Duncan Idaho
What pisses me off is that my perfect response to your Ron H story was deleted.
boogieman
AG
Amazing
512Ag
AG
And that's why you always leave a note.

First Page Last Page
Page 707 of 1253

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.