Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,859,701 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 7 hrs ago by TCTTS
Belton Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
And when he told Kylo, "See you around" at the end of TLJ, I kind of took that to mean he'd appear again at another time as a force ghost, a la Yoda and Obi Wan.
redline248
AG
Belton Ag said:

And when he told Kylo, "See you around" at the end of TLJ, I kind of took that to mean he'd appear again at another time as a force ghost, a la Yoda and Obi Wan.

If he does appear, I doubt it will be to Kylo. I took the parting line as a way to twist the knife of guilt/betrayal Kylo obviously has over killing Han. That was a definite line Han would say
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I think you're reading far too much into that statement.

Not to mention, I'm sure Mark cannot confirm if/when he is brought back.

Even if there are set photos, expect him to be coy about it up until the movie releases.
The Collective
AG
All Mark has to do is present some doubt, and the Internet explodes. It is kind of hilarious.
Urban Ag
AG
So, show of hands.

At the end of Ep9, if Kylo appears as a Force ghost with Leia, Luke, Obi Juan, Yoda and Anakin, will you:

A) Cheer wildly

B) Declare your done with Star Wars forever

C) Go on Texags and say it literally made Ep9 worse than TPM, then after a second viewing reverse your opinion, then months later after seeing on video, declare your initial reaction was correct

D) Burn your SW memorabilia in a drunken rage then cry yourself to sleep in regret

redline248
AG
I will write a lengthy rant, not only if he shows up, by if Leia does too.
israeliag
AG
I will shake my head, not let it ruin my enjoyment of the rest of the franchise, and generally ignore it in favor of all the things I preferred.
The Collective
AG
I will agree with BES that the prequels are better.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
OT Callbacks for Episode IX: Infinity War

The Fett
IG88A-IG88D
Ponda Baba
The One-Armed Wampa
Hobbie
Wedge
R5D4
Dengar
Zuckuss
Bossk
4LOM
21B
Bartender who yells "No blasters!"
Snaggletooth
Hammerhead
Salacious Crumb ( I never saw a body, did you?)
That frog thing that lives outside of Jabba's Palace
Mara Jade
Kyle Katarn
Jan Orrs
HK-47
The General Grievous clone they shoved into Galaxies
Malachi Constant
AG
Plus
Revan
Bastila
YouBet
AG
With Hamill's repeated, public dismay over how Luke was handled in TLJ maybe he doesn't care to return or has burned bridges at Disney. I'm reaching considering his fan leverage but it could be an outside possibility.
Jason Ag
AG
I'll just slowly shake my head as I put my face into my palms. After about a minute I'll get up and take the dvd out, put it back in its case, and return it to the person I borrowed it from.
redline248
AG
That Daryl, what an a hole
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Blatant Disregard said:

Plus
Revan
Daryl Malak
Bastila

Plus let's throw in some EU Easter egg cameos like:

Admiral Daala
Rukh
Admiral Thrawn (canon in Rebels)
Admiral Palleon
The Chimeara (canon in Rebels)
Ssi Ruuk
Callista
Dark saber
Yuuzhan Vong
Vergere
Lowbacca
Wraith Squadron
Corran Horn
Kyp Durron
Cilghal
AliasMan02
AG
YouBet said:

With Hamill's repeated, public dismay over how Luke was handled in TLJ maybe he doesn't care to return or has burned bridges at Disney. I'm reaching considering his fan leverage but it could be an outside possibility.

That's not at all an accurate description of how he feels about TLJ. It's just the provocative headline version.

Basically he said when he read the script he disagreed with everything about Luke's character, but when he worked through it he was totally on board.

"I've had trouble accepting what [Johnson] saw for Luke but again, I mean, I have to say, having seen the movie I was wrong," he said. "I think being pushed out of your comfort zone is a good thing because if I was just another benevolent Jedi training young padawans, we've seen it."
AliasMan02
AG
Rukh and Palleon are canon in Rebels as well.
YouBet
AG
AliasMan02 said:

YouBet said:

That's not at all an accurate description of how he feels about TLJ. It's just the provocative headline version.

Basically he said when he read the script he disagreed with everything about Luke's character, but when he worked through it he was totally on board.

"I've had trouble accepting what [Johnson] saw for Luke but again, I mean, I have to say, having seen the movie I was wrong," he said. "I think being pushed out of your comfort zone is a good thing because if I was just another benevolent Jedi training young padawans, we've seen it."

Ok, but there are multiple quotes and interviews with him talking about this. Hell, I think there is a video montage on this thread with him trashing the decisions made on many different occasions. Were all of these occurrences before he actually watched the movie?
Ulrich
AliasMan02 said:

YouBet said:

After a couple months trashing the movie at every opportunity he bent the knee to the mouse. Looks like it might have been too little, too late.
AliasMan02
AG
YouBet said:

AliasMan02 said:

YouBet said:

Ok, but there are multiple quotes and interviews with him talking about this. Hell, I think there is a video montage on this thread with him trashing the decisions made on many different occasions. Were all of these occurrences before he actually watched the movie?

Read those old articles, not clips assembled by fanboys trying to sink the movie. He was never that negative on the whole. It just went against his first expectation and way shocking to him. Mark has zero reason to "bend the knee."
The Collective
AG
Jar Jar Abrams on Youtube likes to create sweet edits to attack the Mouse version of SW.
SeattleAgJr
Urban Ag said:

So, show of hands.

At the end of Ep9, if Kylo appears as a Force ghost with Leia, Luke, Obi Juan, Yoda and Anakin, will you:

A) Cheer wildly

B) Declare your done with Star Wars forever

C) Go on Texags and say it literally made Ep9 worse than TPM, then after a second viewing reverse your opinion, then months later after seeing on video, declare your initial reaction was correct

D) Burn your SW memorabilia in a drunken rage then cry yourself to sleep in regret

there is nothing that Kylo can do at this point to be redeemed.

he is a completely selfish, despicable and evil character.

Even Vader's "redemption" was kind of lame. After decades of horrible atrocities, one brief moment to give his life for his son's and he is redeemed? Hokey bull****, but at least it was for a non-selfish reason.

Kylo has been written so poorly there is nothing for which he can redeem himself at this point. He IS the galactic Big Bag.
Farmer1906
AG
Kyle has been poorly written? I'd say he's one of the best in the new movies. He's the imperfect bad guy that we almost never get in movies.
The Collective
AG
I like Kylo's character and think Driver is perfect.
SeattleAgJr
Farmer1906 said:

Kyle has been poorly written? I'd say he's one of the best in the new movies. He's the imperfect bad guy that we almost never get in movies.
how is he "imperfect"?

He is a defective, selfish evil brat.

Nothing "imperfect" about him.

He has consciously made every step he has done - from killing the others in Luke's school, to joining Snoke, the
killing as part of the First order, killing his dad, etc.

are you saying that because he willingly does this, but feels bad about it, he is "imperfect"?

Ulrich
Even though he's clearly evil, people are still seriously proposing that Kylo could turn good. He's fallible but still competent. He struggles but comes through... as a character, he's more interesting than any of the protagonists.

Contrast that with a lot of villains who are either magically omniscient (Snoke) or comically incompetent (Hux) but cardboard thin as characters (both).
SeattleAgJr
Ulrich said:

Even though he's clearly evil, people are still seriously proposing that Kylo could turn good. He's fallible but still competent. He struggles but comes through... as a character, he's more interesting than any of the protagonists.

Contrast that with a lot of villains who are either magically omniscient (Snoke) or comically incompetent (Hux) but cardboard thin as characters (both).

I have no problem with a bad guy being the best part of a show.
Good bad guys are typically always more fun that the protagonist.

But for Kylon, I do not get it.

He struggles, but EVERY TIME makes the wrong/"evil" choice.

There is nothing there by Kylo's actions that have him ready for "redemption".

The only relevant and satisfactory redemption for him would be to sacrifice himself and completely destroy the first order, or for him to just be utterly destroyed by Rey.
Quad Dog
AG
My son and I caught the tail end of ANH on TV today. I asked him why he thought Chewie didn't get a medal at the end. He said because everyone knew he would chew on it.

I have succeeded as a father.
SeattleAgJr
Quad Dog said:

My son and I caught the tail end of ANH on TV today. I asked him why he thought Chewie didn't get a medal at the end. He said because everyone knew he would chew on it.

you have only TRULY succeeded when your son knows that Chewie is from Kashyyyk AND can spell it.
jokershady
AG
SeattleAgJr said:

Quad Dog said:

you have only TRULY succeeded when your son knows that Chewie is from Kashyyyk AND can spell and pronounce it.

FIFY
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
jokershady said:

SeattleAgJr said:

Quad Dog said:

you have only TRULY succeeded when your son knows that Chewie is from Kashyyyk AND can spell and pronounce it.

FIFY

Chewie can neither spell it nor pronounce it. In English anyway.

In Kashyyyk it sounds like "ROOAOAOR"

jokershady
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

jokershady said:

SeattleAgJr said:

Quad Dog said:

FIFY

Chewie can neither spell it nor pronounce it. In English anyway.

In Kashyyyk it sounds like "ROOAOAOR"

Right....

And when Chinese people pronounce it it'll sound like everything else they say, "CHING CHONG CHING CHONG CHING CHONG."
SeattleAgJr
jokershady said:

Right....

And when Chinese people pronounce it it'll sound like everything else they say, "CHING CHONG CHING CHONG CHING CHONG."
Or like this:

"Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch "

redline248
AG
ok, what in the f.ck?
SeattleAgJr
redline248 said:

ok, what in the f.ck?
and now you know why Sean Connery and other Welsh people drink so much.
Farmer1906
AG
SeattleAgJr said:

Farmer1906 said:

how is he "imperfect"?

He is a defective, selfish evil brat.

Nothing "imperfect" about him.

He has consciously made every step he has done - from killing the others in Luke's school, to joining Snoke, the
killing as part of the First order, killing his dad, etc.

are you saying that because he willingly does this, but feels bad about it, he is "imperfect"?

He loses his cool and throws temper tantrums. He teetered on the light and dark edge. When he meet him he's clearly dark, but Han almost brings him back only to plunge him deeper as his victim. Then we see him not take the shot at his mom and turn on Snoke because he wanted take more of a gray path and lead.

He's clearly not pure evil like Snoke or Palpatine. He's not some evil genius with this great master plan thinking 10 steps ahead, but he's got balls and skills. He's the most interesting character by far.
First Page Last Page
Page 704 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.