Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,859,913 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by TCTTS
jbsj9698
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
hurleyag said:

Urban Ag said:

Toptierag2018 said:

israeliag said:

Assuming there will be a time jump between 8 and 9 I could see KoR be a big component of a series that connects the gap. Perhaps the next Filoni series. Or would that be too close to the Inquisitors from Rebels?

With a time jump and depending on how 9 is done, there might actually not be any significant story points from 8 that will be really required for 7 and 9 to connect. All I can think of is Luke and Snoke dying, in terms of things you need to know that happened between 7 and 9.

Opening crawl for Ep9?

Fear grips the galaxy! With the Resistance shattered the First Order oppresses with an iron fist. Supreme Leader Kylo Ren, with his enforcers, the Knights of Ren, reign terror upon any systems that stand in opposition to the Order.

With the passing of Leia Organa Solo, General Poe Dameron commands the last remnants of the Resistance. Desperately needing allies, Poe has sent his most trusted companions to the ends of the galaxy to garner support from both old friends and new.

Meanwhile, Rey, the Last Jedi, searches for answers that lead her to a name long forgotten..............
I like it. Who are you thinking for "Name long forgotten"?
Ulrich
Urban Ag said:

Ulrich said:

Lando, I assume. Either him or Nien Nunb.
I am so hoping they dig out an old ass Lando in Ep9. Gotta figure he's rich and could be persuaded to throw some resources in for the cause. Plus it would be very cool, did not like that Billy Dee was left out.

I've heard that he actually doesn't like doing Star Wars stuff. When I say "heard", it's entire possible that I actually dreamed or imagined.

Using that as a launch pad, they could go with a compatriot of the old dude from the beginning of TFA, then we would have an easy entry into explaining wtf is going on since we're looking at about 5 living characters, one of which sucks, and no particular direction. The problem is that they already went to the well twice with the "wise, mysterious guide" trope, but Johnson didn't use them to answer any questions before killing Luke and sending Maz on a meaningless side quest.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
jbsj9698 said:

hurleyag said:

Urban Ag said:

Toptierag2018 said:

israeliag said:

Assuming there will be a time jump between 8 and 9 I could see KoR be a big component of a series that connects the gap. Perhaps the next Filoni series. Or would that be too close to the Inquisitors from Rebels?

With a time jump and depending on how 9 is done, there might actually not be any significant story points from 8 that will be really required for 7 and 9 to connect. All I can think of is Luke and Snoke dying, in terms of things you need to know that happened between 7 and 9.

Opening crawl for Ep9?

Fear grips the galaxy! With the Resistance shattered the First Order oppresses with an iron fist. Supreme Leader Kylo Ren, with his enforcers, the Knights of Ren, reign terror upon any systems that stand in opposition to the Order.

With the passing of Leia Organa Solo, General Poe Dameron commands the last remnants of the Resistance. Desperately needing allies, Poe has sent his most trusted companions to the ends of the galaxy to garner support from both old friends and new.

Meanwhile, Rey, the Last Jedi, searches for answers that lead her to a name long forgotten..............

I laughed; hey look Jar Jar finally got a chuckle from me
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
fig96
AG
Ulrich said:

Urban Ag said:

Ulrich said:

Lando, I assume. Either him or Nien Nunb.
I am so hoping they dig out an old ass Lando in Ep9. Gotta figure he's rich and could be persuaded to throw some resources in for the cause. Plus it would be very cool, did not like that Billy Dee was left out.

I've heard that he actually doesn't like doing Star Wars stuff. When I say "heard", it's entire possible that I actually dreamed or imagined.

Using that as a launch pad, they could go with a compatriot of the old dude from the beginning of TFA, then we would have an easy entry into explaining wtf is going on since we're looking at about 5 living characters, one of which sucks, and no particular direction. The problem is that they already went to the well twice with the "wise, mysterious guide" trope, but Johnson didn't use them to answer any questions before killing Luke and sending Maz on a meaningless side quest.
I went to an Ep 1 screening with the TFN guys at a con in Dallas when it came out, and Billy Dee was one of the celebs that attended. He did not seem excited to be there.

No idea where he is now financially or healthwise.
TCTTS
AG
Urban Ag said:

Toptierag2018 said:

israeliag said:

Had my first re-watch of TLJ last week with the fam. The above really stuck out to me. If you compare where the trilogy was at the end of ESB, it's pretty stark in comparison. At the end of ESB there is a very clear path forward. It literally ends with the Rebel fleet at full force, Luke healing, a plan to rescue Han, and everyone fully knowing that Luke will face Vader again, and there will be a final show down between the Empire and the Rebellion.

By contrast, the TLJ ends with the Resistance essentially wiped out. Leia won't be back. Han dead. Luke dead. Snoke dead. Phasma probably dead and no one cares. No further development of Rey's story, Maz's story (how she got the lightsaber), we learned nothing of Snoke. No KOR. No one cares what happens to Rose. Few care what happens to Po or Finn. Neither character developed all, nothing compelling. It's basically just Kylo and Rey.

Point being, it's literally almost a blank slate. We know two obvious things. Rey and Kylo will have another confrontation almost assuredly leading to his death or some act of redemption that leads to his death. Next, the First Order will be defeated or least greatly crippled. How they get to these outcomes is really completely up for grabs considering this story really isn't on any path at all.

My exact thoughts. That said, there being no big/immediate threads leading to the next movie bummed me out at first, but I think I'm to the point now where I'm somewhat excited about the blank slate potential of Episode IX, if only because the last two movies simply haven't been all that compelling overall. I love Rey and Kylo as characters, though, so let's give them an awesome send off, hopefully wrap this whole Skywalker saga up in a really cool way, and then I'm honestly looking forward to starting over somewhere new with all new characters, both in Johnson's new trilogy and Benioff & Weiss' (likely) trilogy. No more baggage. No more expectations.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Given that Ep IX is the conclusion to the whole saga, I'm holding out hope that Obi-Wan plays some role in the final movie, small as it may be.

Pretty much the only "big-time" character from the OT who has yet to appear in the new trilogy. (Lando notwithstanding.)
TooTall 06
AG
Toptierag2018 said:

Ezra Bridger and Ahsoka Tano
hurleyag
AG
hurleyag said:

"Name long forgotten"?
Wicket
boogieman
AG
TooTall 06 said:

Toptierag2018 said:

Bingo. Would love to have them to tie it all together.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
hurleyag said:

Urban Ag said:

Toptierag2018 said:

israeliag said:

Opening crawl for Ep9?

Lando Calrissian

just sayin billy Dee is still alive....

maybe Lando has a secret army he has been amassing.... coming to avenge Han's death for his old buddy.

ties in Solo movie refreshing Lando in peoples minds

I mean Luke Leia (carrie) and Han are dead...... give me Lando!!!!!!

Urban Ag
AG
TooTall 06 said:

Toptierag2018 said:

I'm kind of hoping they go this route. JJ did a lot to tie in "old Star Wars" with the new trilogy. Rian seemed to go the other direction completely. Familiar names and places to finish out the saga would be a very good thing IMO, especially considering what complete dud characters we have in Po, Finn, Rose, and Hux and the nothing burgers of Snoke, Maz, and Phasma.

Go all out geek JJ, bring in:
Lando / Lobot
Wookies
Ezra, Ahsoka,
Mandolorians
Correllians
Force Ghost Obi Wan & Luke
what else am I missing? Go Infinity War of this MF'er.

And if they really, really, wanted to do something epic, truly epic, for the final battle, have a ship show up full of Gungans. And as Jar jar declares "Meeesa here to say da day" the ship is completely blown to bits by the First Order. Resistance fighters kind of stare, shrug it off, and get back to the battle.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Do the same with Ewoks and we're in business.
Urban Ag
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Do the same with Ewoks and we're in busines
Or how about the ship full of ewoks crashes in to the ship full of gungans and as the flaming bodies of both fall to the ground, both Storm Troopers and Resistance Fighters stop for a moment and chuckle. Then resume fighting.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Quote:

Or how about the ship full of ewoks crashes in to the ship full of gungans and as the flaming bodies of both fall to the ground, both Storm Troopers and Resistance Fighters stop for a moment and chuckle. Then resume fighting.
The Collective
AG
Ezra and Ahsoka are both cool, but most people will see them and be like WTF are these people.
The Collective
AG
And, we are working toward Episode IX being a big ass disappointment.
bearamedic99
AG
CJS4715 said:

Ezra and Ahsoka are both cool, but most people will see them and be like WTF are these people.

i have no idea who they are
TCTTS
AG
Urban Ag said:

TooTall 06 said:

Toptierag2018 said:

I'm kind of hoping they go this route. JJ did a lot to tie in "old Star Wars" with the new trilogy. Rian seemed to go the other direction completely. Familiar names and places to finish out the saga would be a very good thing IMO, especially considering what complete dud characters we have in Po, Finn, Rose, and Hux and the nothing burgers of Snoke, Maz, and Phasma.

Go all out geek JJ, bring in:
Lando / Lobot
Wookies
Ezra, Ahsoka,
Mandolorians
Correllians
Force Ghost Obi Wan & Luke
what else am I missing? Go Infinity War of this MF'er.

And if they really, really, wanted to do something epic, truly epic, for the final battle, have a ship show up full of Gungans. And as Jar jar declares "Meeesa here to say da day" the ship is completely blown to bits by the First Order. Resistance fighters kind of stare, shrug it off, and get back to the battle.

I know in my bones that the Infinity War version of Episode IX would be absolutely terrible in execution, no matter which way you slice it... but I still kind of want it. Not this insane version, but I at least want Force Ghost Luke, Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, and Yoda in some capacity. For some weird reason I almost want to Qui-Gon again more than any of those others. I also want some kind of Anakin/Vader appearance as well. Again, it feels wrong even typing all that out, but like a shi*tty fast food meal that I know will wreck my stomach, I can't help but crave it.
The Collective
AG
Can we work the T-Rex into Episode IX while we're at it?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
jokershady
AG
Lol!

I was actually on board with that all the way until I heard the name Thanos
Buck Compton
AG
I had never heard the full version. The fact that it was improvised makes it even better.
CoachRTM
AG
I love that almost all of the extras did a good job of seeming bored and apathetic......

... except the tall guy on the left in the first row. He was geeking out.
TCTTS
AG
This is the second time in a week that Hamill has expressed no interest in coming back for Episode IX. I'm sure that will change, but filming begins in July and I would have thought they'd have him locked by now, as all other main actors have been told when when to clear their schedules for training, filming, etc. And granted, Hamill's "role" could end up just being voice work that could easily be recorded at the end of the year or whenever, but still, this is a bit odd...

Living Legend
AG
TCTTS said:

This is the second time in a week that Hamill has expressed no interest in coming back for Episode IX. I'm sure that will change, but filming begins in July and I would have thought they'd have him locked by now, as all other main actors have been told when when to clear their schedules for training, filming, etc. And granted, Hamill's "role" could end up just being voice work that could easily be recorded at the end of the year or whenever, but still, this is a bit odd...

I got the impression from the article that Hamil is open to being in episode IX.
TCTTS
AG
You're right, I guess I'm just expressing concern/surprise that he hasn't been locked this late in the game. The script is done, pre-production is in full swing, and again, the main cast is all about to start physical training with filming roughly 10 weeks away. Just seems weird that Hamill's still hemming and hawing when, one would think that if he was actually in the movie... he'd be IN the movie by now.
Belton Ag
AG
TCTTS said:

You're right, I guess I'm just expressing concern/surprise that he hasn't been locked this late in the game. The script is done, pre-production is in full swing, and again, the main cast is all about to start physical training with filming roughly 10 weeks away. Just seems weird that Hamill's still hemming and hawing when, one would think that if he was actually in the movie... he'd be IN the movie by now.
You'd think JJ and the others have the script done by now right? If he's still just "open" to the idea of appearing in the movie then there must not be a plan in place for him. That's pretty disappointing.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
I hope Daisy can drop her freshman 15 and actually comeback looking a little battle hardened and maybe a tad ripped?

If she was a Mary Sue before then go all in, she better be the equivalent of prequel-Anakin in piloting and lightsabers and her choreography better show it...

I'm not a fan of of the plant your feet and stomp around lightsaber battles. I always imagined Jedi and Sith as Acrobats, martial artists, fencers, and MMA all at vampire-warp speed...

Force push, force grip, force speed, force throw, force jump, etc.
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
And that was almost two months ago. I'm sure they're still polishing, but at this point nothing significant is changing (i.e. whether Luke is or isn't in the movie).
israeliag
AG
Article points out he likely is contractually obligated to Ep 9. So, maybe they just haven't shipped the scripts out? JJ (beyond just Star Wars) is notoriously secret, so wouldn't be surprised if A) he hasn't told Hamill yet since Hamill is a pretty honest person in interviews, and B) when he does pull him in Hamill, Ridley, JJ, and a skeleton crew from the day they filmed are the only to truly know of his involvement.
FTACO97
AG
So will we be upset if JJ just ignores stories that Johnson left open? That seems to be one of the major complaints about TLJ. With Hamill not "officially" locked yet, it seems like JJ may just be throwing out the notions that Johnson left that Luke would be back in some form or another.
TCTTS
AG
You're probably not far off, but at a certain point schedules have to be made.
israeliag
AG
SpreadsheetAg said:

I hope Daisy can drop her freshman 15
First Page Last Page
Page 703 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.