Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,859,653 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by TCTTS
YouBet
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The fragmentation of content across all of these platforms is starting to piss me off. By the end of this we will be paying more than the traditional model to see what you really want to see. Now I'm going to have DTV, Netflix, Amazon, and Disney.

But that's another thread.
Living Legend
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Farmer1906 said:

AliasMan02 said:

Favreau doing a show with a quirky, funny ensemble cast would be great, for sure.
Suprise surprise another straight white male.
Collider Movie Talk had a bunch of women on today, and of course, most of them complained about this, as well as announcing it on Women's Day.

Nothing is more eye-rolly to me than this type of *****
People wanting diversity?
AgMarauder04
AG
People complaining when a cisgendered white guy gets a job.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
People *****ing about the choice of a while male director, regardless of how good, proven, or qualified he is.

Let's hire a woman because she has a vagina.

Not to mention, the first woman who made the complaint, later said she's love to see Dave Filoni direct a Star Wars movie.

So, some white male directors are ok, I guess.
MGS
redline248 said:

Farmer1906 said:

AliasMan02 said:

Favreau doing a show with a quirky, funny ensemble cast would be great, for sure.
Suprise surprise another straight white male.

Isn't this the redstone bat signal?
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
Would have much preferred a light purple female twi'lek than the same old white ( or while) male
Gigem314
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Phasma/Finn scene here.

Why TF was this deleted?
To make space for whiny Rose.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
TCTTS
AG
Still pissed that the big three somehow didn't have at least one scene together in the sequel trilogy...

Urban Ag
AG
Agree with that. That really should have happened. Wish it did.
FL_Ag1998
AG
Urban Ag said:

Agree with that. That really should have happened. Wish it did.

That's alright, the new braintrust in charge at Lucasfilm plus Rian Johnson and Abrams knows better than you silly fans. There's a very valid and genius reason why we couldn't simply see the big 3 reunite at least once, you guys just aren't smart enough and enlightened enough to understand. We're much better off with the awesome new characters like Rose and Laura Dern's whatsherface character.
amercer
AG
YouBet said:

The fragmentation of content across all of these platforms is starting to piss me off. By the end of this we will be paying more than the traditional model to see what you really want to see. Now I'm going to have DTV, Netflix, Amazon, and Disney.

But that's another thread.

It was always going to be this way. The streaming companies aren't trying to make content cheaper, they are trying to cut out the cable companies from taking a slice as middle men.

Hopefully the quality of content from all the competition makes up for the price. I'd say so far so good on that front. If we are lucky it will be like the telephone. I'm sure we are all paying a lot more for phones than we would have back in the 80s. But phone service today isnt even remotely the same product as it was back then.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
TCTTS said:

Still pissed that the big three somehow didn't have at least one scene together in the sequel trilogy...

At least it happened on stage at Comic Con, one last time.

Redstone
AG
Kennedy has said a major priority of hers is massively increased diversity in all levels of production, which should certainly include director. Lots of people will be watching and hopefully holding her to account.
fig96
AG
black_hat_ag
last jedi on iTunes at midnight?
TCTTS
AG
Should be, yeah. Don't know if it's Eastern or Pacific, though. I think Eastern? Either way, I'm waiting for the Blu-ray in two weeks.
fig96
AG
iTunes Store updates at 11 central. And I'll be buying tonight.
black_hat_ag
i haven't seen it yet. will prob buy tonight.
Saul Goodman
AG
Can't wait for the blu-ray. Looks like they went all out on behind-the-scenes stuff, which I love.

I'm also interested to see if I like it as much as I did when it came out, or if I was over-excited. I still really like TFA, but it hasn't aged as well for me. Before seeing it again on blue-ray, TLJ is in my top 3.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
It annoys me that Blu-ray doesn't come out for a few weeks.

Way to screw people who still buy physical media.
black_hat_ag
I was so excited for TFA. After watching it I was a little let down. Felt like I had just watched the original but with new characters. I'm cautiously optimistic for the Last Jedi. I liked Rogue One a lot though. I think I'm more interested in these side movies like the one upcoming about Han Solo.
fig96
AG
Purchased on iTunes. Looking forward to watching the doc.
Madmarttigan
AG
Feel pretty bad I just noticed its available for digital pre-release and I don't even feel like watching it again.
fig96
AG

Dro07
AG
March 13th? Bit late for damage control... sounds like someone is trying to get back in good graces
agracer
AG
Gigem314 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Phasma/Finn scene here.

Why TF was this deleted?
To make space for whiny Rose.
that scene was just a bad as the rest of the movie.

bought the digital version of TFA and Rogue One as soon as they were released. I'm skipping this one.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Flashdiaz
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

last shot is Rian and Mark sitting down
RJ: It's nice right
MH: yeah
RJ: you like it
MH: I love it.

I wonder what they were talking about because it sure wasn't about Luke's character.

I'll be buying this on blu-ray... and yes I have the Phantom Menace as well.
israeliag
AG
Green milk
TCTTS
AG

redline248
AG
That last tweet tells me a lot about him. It's painless, but kind of a pain.
Dro07
AG
so painless its painful
Urban Ag
AG
fig96 said:

This is really starting to get ridiculous. First of all, didn't Mark himself state that he fundamentally disagreed with how Luke was portrayed in this film? Wouldn't that trump any "mean tweet" any two bit critic or uber fanboy nerd could throw out there?

Then, look at his objectively. TFA was a decent but it's pretty much universally regarded as a New Hope v2/reboot, not very imaginative, and pretty much carried by an endearing return of Ford's Solo and a very likeable, very well received performance of Ridley's Rey. I think that is a fair assessment.

Put R1 to the side. It was a fantastic Star Wars movie but doesn't really factor in to the debate of the new trilogy.

So in the run up to the release of TLJ, the fan hype was much less as compared to the run up of TFA. Clearly. Then Disney makes a bold statement in basically giving Johnson the keys to the kingdom is announcing he will be in the drivers seat for the next trilogy. Fan hype increases. Initial critic review of TLJ is pretty solid across the board. Fan hype jumps to hyperspeed. The film in released and there is a collective sigh among both hard core fans and casual movie goers.

Yes, the fanboy uber nerds tweeted the F out of "what should have happened". I get it. But this is such a small portion of the overall audience. The fact is that the most movie goers found the TLJ to be entertaining, worth the price of admission, but just not that great. So sorry that multi-millionaires have to suffer the hyper-critical, Star Wars, nerd-a-thon, Twitter-verse. Boo hoo. TLJ was just not that good. Deal with it.
fig96
AG
I feel like you're grossly overanalyzing what was probably meant to be a tongue in cheek tweet poking fun at fanboy culture.
First Page Last Page
Page 685 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.