Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,858,813 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by TCTTS
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I LOVE this look, with Millennium Falcon kind of centered in the distance like that...

jabberwalkie09
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Better view of the Oklahoma State colored XWing.

jr15aggie
AG
George Lucas: "You see! This is why I went all CG... you can't have leaked photos when the set pieces don't exist!"
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Great pics.
jr15aggie
AG
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/09/24/star-wars-episode-7-fiery-and-messy-with-hundreds-of-stormtroopers

Oscar Isaac interview.
fig96
AG
That article makes my inner geek happy.

Trying not to get my hopes up, but it really seems like JJ is just nailing this.
TCTTS
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Pretty good review of the first 2 episodes of Rebels from AICN.

Apparently the first episode will be available online next Tuesday, 3 days before its TV debut.
Hagen95
AG
So are we gonna talk about Rebels here or on a new thread once the season starts?
Farmer1906
AG
New
TCTTS
AG
Holy sh*t. I don't know if this concept art or an actual pic from the set, but it's (apparently) official.

Our first look at a CHROMETROPPER.

http://indierevolver.com/2014/09/25/indie-revolver-exclusive-first-look-at-star-wars-episode-viis-chrome-trooper/
TCTTS
AG
From everything we've been hearing, it sounds like storm/chrometroppers play a huge part in Episode VII. Not only is the lead (John Boyega) apparently a defected stormtrooper, but from the image above, it looks like at least some of troopers are now elevated from simple lackeys/soldiers to something much more regal, higher-ranked, and maybe even Sith-like.

Knowing what we know - while also maybe shedding some light on anything stormtrooper-related in the EU - does anyone have an theories as to why/how stormtroopers - 30 years after the Empire has fallen - would play such a big role?
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Maybe when the Empire (Microsoft) was destroyed, everyone switched to Chrome?

I'll be here all week.

Given the cowl around the interesting helmet, I'm more inclined to think about the Emperor's Royal Guard, which Lucas always swore we'd find out more about in Episode 3, but of course, that was not true.

In the EU, the Royal Guardsman have a whole comic book series dedicated to them, and are super-elite compared to your average Stormie.

From Wookieepedia - of course all conjecture and "legend" now -

This group was rumored for being a fierce fighting force and were personally hand picked by the Emperor to serve as his bodyguards.They were indoctrinated in the service of the Emperor to the point that they were completely subservient to his will.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
and now THIS piece of concept art emerges. HOLY GOD

TCTTS
AG
Where'd you see that, MuckRaker?
TCTTS
AG
quote:
Given the cowl around the interesting helmet, I'm more inclined to think about the Emperor's Royal Guard, which Lucas always swore we'd find out more about in Episode 3, but of course, that was not true.

In the EU, the Royal Guardsman have a whole comic book series dedicated to them, and are super-elite compared to your average Stormie.

Gotcha. Yeah, I could see these being something like that.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
IndieRevolver must have posted it right while you were making your Chrometrooper post. They've got a 2nd piece of concept art for the Trooper up now as well.
TCTTS
AG
^ Nice. Just saw it. Thanks.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
quote:
and now THIS piece of concept art emerges. HOLY GOD

So cool!
Farmer1906
AG
It looks like a giant.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:

From Wookieepedia - of course all conjecture and "legend" now -

This group was rumored for being a fierce fighting force and were personally hand picked by the Emperor to serve as his bodyguards.They were indoctrinated in the service of the Emperor to the point that they were completely subservient to his will.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
My nerd boner can only get so hard.
Knife_Party
Im feeling an Episode 1-6 marathon at my place coming on.
JCRiley09
AG
Anyone else watch Rebels early on the DisneyXD app? It's really started out to be an awesome show.

Spoiler:

Stormtroopers still suck at aiming.

End spoiler.
brents1975
Yes I watched SW Rebels - Spark of Rebellion as well. Feels like SW. I like it better than the beginning of CW season 1 for sure. Excited to see where they take it.
Knife_Party
I wont get to watch rebels. No disney xd anyone know of any way of watching it online?
redline248
AG
They probably make it available on the Disney website after episodes air.
jr15aggie
AG
Was playing Lego Star Wars with my kid over the weekend... the part where Luke/Leia were fighting to escape the Death Star and that iconic music kicks in. It's so up-beat and has the old school "hero's vs. bad guys" feel to it. I couldn't help but wonder if these new flicks will play homage to any of that? I'm hoping JJ can find a good balance of serious content mixed with some good old fashioned fun moments.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Heh, years ago I did a ride-along with a Metro cop who was the husband of a friend of my wife.

He was playing Star Wars Legos when I got to the house and didn't turn it off when we left to drive downtown.

About 1:30 a.m. (he had gone on shift at 10 p.m.), his cell phone rings and this happens.

Him: "Hi Honey ... Going OK .... What? No, I don't know. Just figure it out yourself. No, OK, here, you ask him."

(Hands phone to me)

Me: "Hello?"

His wife : "Hey, how do you beat the big walkers on the snow planet? They keep shooting my ship down!"
TXAG 05
AG
Watched the first episode of Rebels and agree with the others that it felt like Star Wars. Liked it a lot and will continue watching.
Silvertaps
AG
Chewy screaming!

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/5804240
double aught
AG
The writer of that post needs to look up the definition of "cult classic".
AtlAg05
AG
quote:
The writer of that post needs to look up the definition of "cult classic".

ha, no kidding. Phrase definitions are hard, especially when that's how you make a living.
TCTTS
AG
Looks like we've got a few new rumors, mainly concerning Daisy Ridley's character. Nothing big, but some nice potential details, and a vague scene description. I actually love the idea of meeting Han and Chewie in a cantina again, and Ridley's character's home sounds awesome. Could be a really cool visual/set...

http://makingstarwars.net/2014/09/daisy-ridleys-home-star-wars-episode-vii/

http://www.slashfilm.com/latest-star-wars-7-rumors-early-scene/
First Page Last Page
Page 68 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.