Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,860,140 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 9 hrs ago by TCTTS
Fat Bib Fortuna
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
rule 1 of being an internet movie spy - you have to have failed basic grammar multiple times.

EDIT - the people doing the reports, not you, TC
jr15aggie
AG
That one rumor sounds very plausible... the whole "Luke is missing" thing always seemed odd to me. Makes more sense that they introduce the new main characters first, put them into a tough spot, and they have to find Luke to help them (not because he was missing, but because he was just chilling minding his own business). Sort of a spin on "help me Obi-Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope". Seems much better and much more realistic than Luke being kidnapped or whatever.

TCTTS
AG
Devin at Badass Digest following up with even more cool tidbits (a couple of which line up with what was just reported)...

http://badassdigest.com/2014/10/01/episode-vii-news-blast-who-is-max-von-sydow-where-does-daisy-ridley-live-an/
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:
According to my sources von Sydow is playing a key character who gets the story in motion.

Wow, really stepping out on a limb there.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
TC, both your links posted in the previous page have been taken down. Interesting...
TCTTS
AG
quote:
TC, both your links posted in the previous page have been taken down. Interesting...

Just checked, and there was some weird code at the end of each URL for some reason. I edited each, and they're both fixed now. Links are working.
TCTTS
AG
quote:
quote:
According to my sources von Sydow is playing a key character who gets the story in motion.

Wow, really stepping out on a limb there.

Did you read the entire article? He goes into more detail about the character's appearance, and when/where we meet him. We knew absolutely nothing about who von Sydow was playing before today. What else did you want Devin to say without spoiling things?
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Yes I read the entire article, I just thought it was a funny sentence because it was so Captain Obvious.

To me it was like saying, Mark Hamill will player Luke Skywalker, who will likely play a key role in the movie.
TCTTS
AG
Welp, here it is... the point at which I think I may be done with Episode VII rumors. If true, this is the BIG ONE, the "I am your father" moment of Episode VII. Surely this is too insane for JJ & co to have gone through with? Then again, something about it does feel kind of legit. It actually sort of makes sense. Either way, if you do decide to click the link, take this info with a HUGE grain of salt. At this point, there's just too much conjecture out there. But again, if real, this is mother of all spoilers....

http://makingstarwars.net/2014/10/huge-rumor-star-wars-episode-viis-father-sized-moment/

It's been quite the day for Star Wars rumors, hasn't it?
TCTTS
AG
Actually, DON'T CLICK THAT LINK. Just read from people I trust that it's almost assuredly legit. There's no sense in taking it down, since this info is surely going to spread like wildfire now, but I'm pissed I read it.
Saxsoon
AG
Glad I read it but I had to hunt it down since makingstarwars removed the link. Holy **** if true and I can't believe my expectations could go possibly higher.
Saxsoon
AG
Did you read the spoilers for daisy ridley's character? Also very interesting if true.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Sister .... so you have a twin sister.

TCTTS
AG
quote:
Glad I read it but I had to hunt it down since makingstarwars removed the link.

I just clicked it again and it's all still there.
TCTTS
AG
One thing to take into consideration is that even the people who "know" don't truly know. It's all a game of telephone started by people who know something, but haven't even read the script, or seen all the pieces put together. So even though the people I trust seem to have confirmed it, in this case, even their sources aren't in a position to have all the facts. That, and the more I think about the rumor, certain things just don't add up. Time will tell...
TCTTS
AG
quote:
rule 1 of being an internet movie spy - you have to have failed basic grammar multiple times.

Especially true in that latest link. If not to avoid spoilers, avoid it simply because of the way it's written; hardly any context, scatterbrained, and typos all over the place. If you KNOW literally thousands of people (if not hundreds of thousands) are about to read a report you write, why not at least reread it ONCE before posting?
Saxsoon
AG
OK it is back now. Didn't realize the daisy stuff was also part of the same report.
wangus12
AG
Seems a little out there for me. We shall see
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
that report was basically gibberish. the "I am Your Father" comparison was way overdone.
jr15aggie
AG
I don't believe a word of that spoiler. I won't allude to what the spoiler is, but it would definitely take away from so much they could do with the movie and new trilogy. There are a thousand different directions they could go with this... we get a chance to start new but also re-unite with the old cast. If this were true it would very much limit so many possibilities.

I don't like it and I think it's a bunch of bull.

PS: The guy used the word "laser sword" in his write-up... and as others have said above, his writing skills were not good. Sounds like one of those emails about how I could become a millionaire if I could only help this guy get his money from Africa. Do Not Believe!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
To be fair, Anakin calls it a laser sword in TPM. Then again he was 8 years old.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
Sister .... so you have a twin sister.

JJ's lost control... that ain't Diet Coke she's drinking!
TCTTS
AG
Dave at Latino Review can obviously be just as incoherent as this guy, but I am looking forward to his weekly Friday SW rumor rundown more than usual. Hopefully he'll be able to shed a little more light on this, and clarify some things.
jr15aggie
AG
I guess I'll give a *****spoiler warning*****... but I'm still being very vague and not talking specifics about the link above.

I've heard some reports that people aren't sure where Carrie Fisher has been cause they haven't heard much about her being on set. What if the linked story has some things correct, but they just got the "who" wrong!? Like I said, I won't go into specifics (we are gonna need an Ep VII spoiler thread soon), but that would actually make some sense as it relates to a lot of the characters and her absence on set! And thinking about Luke and his quest to redeem his father in the first trilogy... what it means for Han & Chewie... makes for some interesting thoughts (and not any more/less ridiculous than what was in the link).
TCTTS
AG
quote:
(we are gonna need an Ep VII spoiler thread soon)

I suggested this a few weeks ago, but got shot down. Though, I may start one now that potential spoilers are getting so big, they're tough to even allude to. And I know the spoiler talk is keeping a lot of people out of this thread already, one that should definitely still be the main, all-encompassing thread for general SW discussion.

If I get the time later today, I want to start a proper spoiler thread - kind of like an "everything we know so far" OP, and go from there. Will try and post in the next day or so.
Farmer1906
AG
quote:
quote:
(we are gonna need an Ep VII spoiler thread soon)

I suggested this a few weeks ago, but got shot down. Though, I may start one now that potential spoilers are getting so big, they're tough to even allude to. And I know the spoiler talk is keeping a lot of people out of this thread already, one that should definitely still be the main, all-encompassing thread for general SW discussion.

If I get the time later today, I want to start a proper spoiler thread - kind of like an "everything we know so far" OP, and go from there. Will try and post in the next day or so.
While I think its a great idea, I fully expect it go like the GOT & Walking Dead non spoiler threads. People just want to pretend to be the smartest guy in the room(thread).
jr15aggie
AG
quote:

I'm down with that. Should be fun to take rumors and make our own speculations and ideas be known. Most likely most of our own ideas are way off, but it gives us something to do and think about while waiting for the movie.
TCTTS
AG
"The EPISODE VII Mystery Box May Have Imploded"

(no spoilers whatsoever, just some good commentary from Badass Digest about the leak of the big spoiler itself)
Saxsoon
AG
While I agree with the author that mystery box works better for Cloverfield than a star wars/star trek, there is no way in hell someone was going to sit on that Megaton. I might consider it taking a bit longer to be found, but with star wars fans at such a desperate need for these movies to be good, someone was going to find out.
Saxsoon
AG
I say this as a person who does not care about spoilers. I think a lot of you overreact to spoilers as if someone just pushed your spouse into oncoming traffic. (i.e. GoT season 4 thread when someone correctly guessed Stannis would head north and they wanted them banned, who gives a crap).

This spoiler goes so far beyond that. Be really really careful guys if you don't want that moment ruined. We will need to police this board pretty heavily to make sure no one has it ruined. Frankly, just doing *****SPOILERS***** and then a bunch of spaces after will not cut it on this thread discussing this topic unless it is in an official spoiler thread. Someone on that link TC provided said that this spoiler can be summed up in one sentence and it won't be hard to read it and comprehend it in one quick glance. He is absolutely right.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
While I agree with the author that mystery box works better for Cloverfield than a star wars/star trek, there is no way in hell someone was going to sit on that Megaton. I might consider it taking a bit longer to be found, but with star wars fans at such a desperate need for these movies to be good, someone was going to find out.

I'm still gonna call BS on the whole thing... I'd almost guess that JJ is very carefully crafting these "leaks" as false information. Get the crowd into a tiffy about counter information.

I mean, what they are proposing as a "big secret" could not be contained once they actually start showing trailers. If what they say is true, the first thing people would do is question "why didn't they show X in the trailers". It will be completely obvious. So I still say it's either BS or, if not, it isn't as black & white as that spoiler makes it out to be. I have some theories I can share once the spoiler thread is created.

quote:
Someone on that link TC provided said that this spoiler can be summed up in one sentence and it won't be hard to read it and comprehend it in one quick glance. He is absolutely right.

And I definitely agree on this point... so it doesn't really matter if you try and avoid spoilers or not... if this is 100% true (and I say it isn't), then you either avoid the internet for the next 14 months or you will find out about it.
TCTTS
AG
quote:
I mean, what they are proposing as a "big secret" could not be contained once they actually start showing trailers. If what they say is true, the first thing people would do is question "why didn't they show X in the trailers". It will be completely obvious. So I still say it's either BS or, if not, it isn't as black & white as that spoiler makes it out to be. I have some theories I can share once the spoiler thread is created.

This is EXACTLY what I've been thinking. No way [X] isn't in any of the trailers/marketing. And if this rumor were true, [X] couldn't be.

Give me like an hour or so and I'll get the spoiler thread up and running...
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I'm really confused why some of these sites get high and mighty on not posting spoilers, but at the same time they're posting pictures of drones flying over the studio?

Like the guy before me, I also think the general lot is seriously discounting JJ Abrams ability to misdirect people on what is and isn't released. Movie spoilers are almost as tiring a business as recruiting rumors - everyone knows "a guy" and has "a source".
TCTTS
AG
quote:
I'm really confused why some of these sites get high and mighty on not posting spoilers, but at the same time they're posting pictures of drones flying over the studio?

Because for a lot of these sites, Star Wars articles get more hits than any other kind of article. WAY more hits, and that equals more ad money.

But I get where Devin is coming from. I don't see the harm in posting some set pics, or saying who so-and-so is potentially playing. It's all first act, set-up type stuff. You have to admit, potentially spoiling the end of the movie is way different, and does cross a certain line.
wangus12
AG
Count me among those that are saying "misdirection" here by JJ. That plot would really limit the paths these movies can move towards and I think it would also anger a lot of the fanbase.
First Page Last Page
Page 69 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.