Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,860,125 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 9 hrs ago by TCTTS
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Sounds pretty pedo-y when you describe it that way.

Ha, it really does. Just now realized that.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
Finally. The first (potential) photo of an actual main cast member in costume, and it's Adam Driver as...

... an x-wing pilot?

In that article alone there is enough debate and possible spoilers to ruin story lines and/or plot twists. The problem being most of us don't want spoilers... and at the same time can't stay away from any tidbit of news. Guy in X-Wing uniform (possible spoilers) - *clicks link immediately!*
redline248
AG
I click zero links, but still see more than I want to on this thread. Oh well, the choices we make.
TCTTS
AG
quote:
In that article alone there is enough debate and possible spoilers to ruin story lines and/or plot twists.

I get where you're coming from, but even in the casting announcement itself - at the trade sites like Variety and Hollywood Reporter - Adam Driver was mentioned as being the main bad guy even in the headlines. So if he disguises himself as an x-wing pilot at some point - if that's even what's happening in that pic - it's not really ruining any kind of surprise. We already knew he was the bad guy. There's no "twist."
redline248
AG
The twist is he's actually good!
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Talking with my brother on the phone tonight; he is a big fan but stays away from any sort of spoilers/speculation. I had sent him a photo earlier of the photos of the Falcon and the Xwings.

Me: "So supposedly Luke has been missing for about 10 years."

Him: "That sounds cool, I just hope they don't have him held hostage by some secret Sith Lord on some secret planet."
TCTTS
TCTTS
AG
Kind of cool see (or least hear) filming taking place at the much-photographed hangar location. We saw Adam Driver there yesterday, and now the film's star, John Boyega, can (kind of) be seen filming on set...

http://makingstarwars.net/2014/09/video-john-boyega-films-shot-star-wars-episode-vii-pictures/
TCTTS
AG
And more pics from the same set...

http://www.starwars7news.com/2014/09/is-this-adam-driver-on-the-latest-greenham-common-pics.html
Saxsoon
AG
Definitely think they are going undercover which would be kind of cool to see this deadly guys sneaking in. And that definitely looks like Christy in the last photo who is also supposed to be bad.
TCTTS
AG
Agreed about the undercover thing, but this just doesn't look like Christie to me. I think people are stretching a bit with this one...

Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Good way to feel old: John Boyega was 7 when Phantom Menace came out.
Saxsoon
AG
Yeah, blown up that does not look like Christie.
redline248
AG
quote:
Good way to feel old: John Boyega was 7 when Phantom Menace came out.

I wonder if this will be Disney's plan. A new Star Wars trilogy every 15-16 years.
TCTTS
AG
Try every other year. These movies aren't stopping now. Disney has no plans to take any kind of a break. They might skip a year or two between Episodes IX and X (and have back-to-back spin-offs instead), but either way, starting in 2015, expect a new Star Wars movie every year for as long as they can milk the franchise.
redline248
AG
Right, I'm aware of the other spin off plans, just wondering about the plan for "main trilogy" types. You're probably right, it won't be 15 years. But a small-ish gap to let kids grow up into late teens/college types and being hungry for more Star Wars was what I was thinking about.

edit: although, I guess Marvel has shown there might not be a problem with over saturation.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Thinking on a potential Obi-Wan Kenobi stand-alone with Ewan McGregor set between III and IV, would have to be something really impressive to get him off Tatooine. I know there were some YA novels that tackled this, but for once I actually did not read something SW related.

About the only thing I can imagine working is him getting ID'ed by someone - a bounty hunter or what have you - and needing to get off-world for a time both to protect Luke and to deal with the bounty hunter or fake his own death.

Would love to see a Vader-Kenobi movie in which the above is happening for Obi-Wan while Vader is hunting down escaped Jedi. They would never meet of course, but would be cool to see those plots going on simultaneously.

If there isnt' a "Vader hunts down the last Jedi" movie, I'm going to be really dismayed.

AliasMan02
AG
quote:

If there isnt' a "Vader hunts down the last Jedi" movie, I'm going to be really dismayed.

This is basically what Force Unleashed was, really. I think they will bring back Starkiller into the canon at some point.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I am all in for an Obi-Wan movie.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Uh, I could have written a better plot than TFU when I was 9.
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
Uh, I could have written a better plot than TFU when I was 9.

Irrelevant. The character and the concept of Vader's secret apprentice was the best addition to the old canon since Thrawn. That's what they will return to.
redline248
AG
According to who? I am of the opinion that Vader gave zero f_cks about an apprentice until he found Luke.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Starkiller is way too overpowered to find a place in the new canon, and there are way too many Jedi hanging around in the plot.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Apparently Daniel Craig may have a cameo.

http://www.theverge.com/2014/9/17/6329079/james-bond-star-daniel-craig-in-star-wars-episode-vii
BigTimeAlum
AG
quote:
Apparently Daniel Craig may have a cameo.

If there is intergalactic espionage going on, who better to take care of it than 007?
VanZandt92
I just hope all the CG looks like puppets!
TCTTS
AG
In their weird, random back-and-forth of taking photos of Star Wars references on Batman v Superman set, or placing BvS references on the SW set, J.J. Abrams just upped the ante with an actual video. This isn't much, but it IS rough, J.J. Abrams-shot footage of the Millennium Falcon, and combined with the opening bit of music, I think just got me more excited for Episode VII than I've been...

Technically, the second half of the video features music and a prop from The Dark Knight - obviously not a Zack Snyder movie - but whatever. Feels like it's kind of breaking the rules, though.
TCTTS
AG
Here's a quick recap of their "game" to this point...

http://www.firstshowing.net/2014/what-director-zack-snyder-reveals-henry-cavill-as-a-jedi-superman/

http://www.firstshowing.net/2014/star-wars-batman-mash-up-bad-robot-keeps-the-game-going/

http://www.firstshowing.net/2014/zack-snyder-has-more-fun-with-batman-v-superman-star-wars/

http://www.firstshowing.net/2014/zack-snyder-debunks-stolen-batmobile-rumor-with-hilarious-photo/
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I realize I might be the biggest (in terms of height, weight and actual dorkdom) Star Wars nerd on here, but HS did I get a big chill ripple through me to see the Falcon and hear the music.

The best part of the back and forth between Snyder and Abrams will be when Abrams' movie triples Snyder's at the box office
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Sometimes I find it hard to believe that both of these movies are in production. At the same time.

People have been waiting for a Batman/Superman movie for what, 25 years? And Star Wars is, well, Star Wars.

This back and forth between them is just gold.
wangus12
AG
Chills man, chills
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
real talk: i've watched it 9 times.
TajMaballer
AG
Hunka Junk will be my new fantasy football name.
Simplebay
AG
Dayum

http://www.latino-review.com/news/closer-looks-at-x-wing-fighters-millennium-falcon-from-star-wars-episode-7
First Page Last Page
Page 67 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.