Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,858,760 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by TCTTS
AliasMan02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Falcon was previously on a sound stage, genius.
OnlyForNow
AG
Cover that grass with snow and some trees and I see Hoth.
Red Five
AG
quote:
Cover that grass with snow and some trees and I see Hoth.

Trees on Hoth. Surely you jest.
OnlyForNow
AG
My bad. I for some reason thought there were trees at the rebel base. I think I am thinking of the endor base and for some reason just wanting that same setup on Hoth.

The little bunkers look at the bunkers from endor, not Hoth.
TexAgBolter
AG
Methinks you mean Yavin IV
jr15aggie
AG
My apologies if this has already been discussed.... but I wonder if we will see Princess Leia using force powers in the movie? Not necessarily a light saber, but she is Vader's offspring after all and Luke did say that (regarding his power) "in time you will learn to use it as I have". She already showed a few signs of it, especially in Empire, so surely several years later she will show greater ability. Biggest question, I guess, is will she ever use it offensively/defensively in Ep VII?
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
If they are taking ideas from the EU, it would stand to reason that Leia could use the Force to do things other than fighting. She remained largely a diplomat throughout the books and would use her Force leanings for insight into situations and negotiations. There was also the Jedi Healer - a Mon Cal - who almost never used a lightsaber, but could heal using the Force.
AliasMan02
AG
I imagine she'll be sensitive, but not have any real abilities. If Luke is not around (on the run, captured, etc.) then she wouldn't have anyone to teach her.
Red Five
AG
Agreed. In the EU Luke was constantly harping on her to train and learn to use the Force, but she was always too busy to learn all but the most rudimentary Force skills for a long time. If Luke has been absent for 30 years in Ep 7, it seems unlikely to me that she would have trained under anyone else.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I think the new rumor is he's been missing for 10 years, so that would have given him 20 years to get her to learn after she got tired of Han losing and winning Rebel fleets in games of sabaac.
Simplebay
AG
Black. Xwing. Paging Red Five

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Black Five standing by.
Red Five
AG
StealthX
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
I think the new rumor is he's been missing for 10 years, so that would have given him 20 years to get her to learn after she got tired of Han losing and winning Rebel fleets in games of sabaac.

I thought the latest thought was that he has been absent the whole 30 years, but just imprisoned the last 10.
TCTTS
AG
No, apparently Luke had a nice 20-year run after ROTJ, and was then captured. But again, this is all rumor no matter how you slice it. I doubt either scenario is on the money.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
From this site:, which is referenced on the Latino Review article

Lukes Disappearance The idea that Luke disappeared immediately after Endor
isn't entirely true. He had a good 10 to 20 years after Return Of The
Jedi ended. When the movie starts he's been missing for around 10 years

Count Dooku Connection Back when Benedict Cumberbatch was a rumored addition to the cast, a rumor was that his character was a
descendant of Count Dooku. This was true. This connection was then moved
onto Gwendoline Christie's character.
TCTTS
AG
Latino Review's weekly Star Wars column comes early this week, with quite a few exclusive (and much clearer) pics of the recently-photographed set, including a pretty good shot of the black, orange, and chrome X-wing, along with a few details about what role the set plays in the story...

http://www.latino-review.com/news/star-wars-first-look-x-cellent-x-wing

Devin at Badass Digest then follows up with a couple other small details, including a pretty big tease about the end of the movie (don't worry, it's nothing spoilery)...

http://badassdigest.com/2014/09/11/who-is-flying-this-black-x-wing-fighter-in-star-wars-episode-vii/

Good stuff all around.
HeadGames
AG
http://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-meets-college-sports-in-new-apparel-line

They've gone off the deep end now.
TCTTS
AG
Potential Obi-Wan Kenobi stand-alone movie in the works. A Ewan McGregor-starring, Tatooine-set SW movie set between Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope could be awesome. Or maybe he gets caught up in some off-Tatooine journey for a portion of the movie. Either way, I'm definiteley for this over a Han or Yoda stand-alone movie...

http://www.slashfilm.com/rumor-obi-wan-kenobi-stand-alone-film/

http://makingstarwars.net/2014/09/star-wars-episode-vii-tidbits-dooku-lineage-moraband-ridley-code-names-kenobi-film-x-wings/
(features a few more Episode VII details as well)

Btw, I actually saw Ewan McGregor in person a few weeks ago. Was in line behind me at the Whole Foods down the street. Best celeb sighting I've had in a while.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
Obi wan standalone would be great
TCTTS
AG
How cool would it be to just have one scene where he's kind of watching after Luke from a distance? Like, Luke at, say, 10 years old.
AliasMan02
AG
Nobody was more upset about the prequels than Ewan. Could be a great way for him to help redeem them.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
He really loved the idea of being in Star Wars, too. If you ever watch the making of The Phantom Menace documentary, he's doing a stunt with Ray Park (Darth Maul) and takes a dive onto a mat. When he bounces up, he has a huge grin on his face and he says,

"They said, are you really going to do Star Wars? and I said, you're GOD-D*MNED RIght!"

Not only is Obi-Wan my all-time favorite character but one of the most enjoyable reads of the last decade in Star Wars comics was his cameo in Star Wars Legacy when Darth Krayt tells Cade Skywalker about his battle with Kenobi when he was still Ashard Hett.

I realize I just blew TC's mind and he's not even going to bother asking WTF all that meant.
Ulrich
quote:
Not only is Obi-Wan my all-time favorite character but one of the most enjoyable reads of the last decade in Star Wars comics was his cameo in Star Wars Legacy when Darth Krayt tells Cade Skywalker about his battle with Kenobi when he was still Ashard Hett.

I realize I just blew TC's mind and he's not even going to bother asking WTF all that meant.

You just blew my mind and I've read a couple hundred Star Wars novels.
Ulrich
...but based on the name Cade I'm going to assume that this is the millennial version of Star Wars, so Star Wars Legacy must be the era after Legacy of the Force series, which is where I dropped out.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Love that Ewan behind the scenes moment.
Saxsoon
AG
Ewan is pretty much the best part of the prequels.
redline248
AG
Isn't Cade like the great great great grandson of Luke, or even further along?
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Star Wars Legacy is set 130 years after the OT. The Jedi have returned in full force, but so have the Sith, in legion. The Sith team up with a reformed Empire and wipe out the Jedi and the Galactic Alliance (used to be the Rebellion). Cade Skywalker's father Kol was the head of the Jedi Order. He gets killed defending the Jedi training temple, and Cade, at the time around 15, ends up as a bounty hunter, refusing to accept his powers - using death sticks to numb his connection with the Force, and keep away the ghosts - among them his dead father, Luke, Mara Jade, even Vader.

It has a lot of cool stuff- Imperial Knights (Jedi loyal to the Empire), many Sith of different species; and was pretty bold endeavor. Lamentably, I had priorities shift (got married) about 2 years into the run and never caught up on the rest, but the main Sith Lord is a character from the time of the Clone Wars whose father (and he) were raised by the Tusken Raiders, which sort of explains this photo.

redline248
AG
What you just described is pretty much why they decided to nullify the EU
AgBeliever
AG
quote:
quote:
Have you guys even seen Empire? Yoda never refers to himself as a great warrior, Luke says he's LOOKING for a great warrior.

doesn't mean I needed or wanted to see a CGI green blur hopping around with a light saber. And luke assumes he's a great warrior. Obi wan sent him to find a Jedi master, luke was the first to call him a great warrior, and I think Yoda just led him on by repeating it.
Yoda was just making light of the great warrior talk in his typical Yoda way.
jeffk
AG
quote:
How cool would it be to just have one scene where he's kind of watching after Luke from a distance? Like, Luke at, say, 10 years old.

Sounds pretty pedo-y when you describe it that way.
Saxsoon
AG
The dreaded delay double post.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:
Sounds pretty pedo-y when you describe it that way.

You mean like this?

TCTTS
AG
Finally. The first (potential) photo of an actual main cast member in costume, and it's Adam Driver as...

... an x-wing pilot?

Interesting, if legit.

Badass Digest has the details...

http://badassdigest.com/2014/09/15/why-is-episode-vii-bad-guy-adam-driver-dressed-in-an-x-wing-pilot-uniform/
First Page Last Page
Page 66 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.