Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,859,138 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by TCTTS
Belton Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Belton Ag
AG
Quote:

They did. Yub Nub sucks.
My great-grandmother once told me that anytime anyone says this, an angel dies.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Quote:

fix Ewok celebration,
They did. Yub Nub sucks.
Another youngling just died.

Think of the younglings.

Yub Nub for life.
Farmer1906
AG
Thread is at its peak. We're arguing Yub Nub minutes before Last Jedi.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Just sat down in the theater! Front row of the main seating area, damn near dead center.
The Collective
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Just sat down in the theater! Front row of the main seating area, damn near dead center.

Rule 1 of your view.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
My signal is crappy in here, took a few mins to upload this one.

Got these pretty sweet cards.

redline248
AG
Farmer1906
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

My signal is crappy in here, took a few mins to upload this one.

Got these pretty sweet cards.

I got a set between my group.
TCTTS
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
To distract from The Last Jedi, enjoy these NSFW Chef Ramsey voicing Darth Vader

TCTTS
AG
jabberwalkie09
AG
I'm wrapping up my TFA re-watch. I'll bow out of this thread until I get to see TLJ. Looking forward to the posts.
InnerCityAg
Same here.

Out, fools.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Well, I don't even know how to begin to gather my thoughts. So much to say, so much to process.

Firstly, I'll get the "easy" stuff out of the way. Movie is great. It has a LOT of unexpected twists and turns, and is almost entirely unpredictable.

The perfomances were fantastic, especially Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher.

I do have a few nitpicks, but nothing that ruins the movie. (You can see my full thoughts w/spoilers on the TLJ thread.)

I'm not ready to rank it yet. It really is true that this movie needs multiple viewings. I am planning on going again on Saturday and may be ready to do so then. (Definitely in the top half of the saga though, fairly sure about that.)

But I can already tell that this is one of those movies that's gonna get better as time goes on, just like Empire.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Went to the theater on an impulse decision to see it tonight, and a guy gave me his ticket as I was at the window.

So my ass is firmly planted in a seat.

LETS DO THIS!
Simplebay
AG
Just got out and it's a 9.5 out of 10. Almost flawless. A masterpiece, and it makes the force awakens look cookie cutter.
wangus12
AG
Its awesome. Go see it asap
Ag Since 83
AG
Very good movie. Not perfect but very enjoyable and does a whole lot of new stuff.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
AGGies0311 said:

[The movie isn't mass released yet. Do not post spoilers or possible spoilers. -Staff]
Make sure to flag anything this guy posts so it gets deleted quickly. Dude posted real spoilers and may try to do so again.

Sent an email to staff to get him banned, in case he tries this again.
SeattleAgJr
I am going to start a spoilers thread where we can post full open spoilers.
Yes we have the Jedi thread, but too much risk for those that have not seen it.

Staff can delete if they feel it is best.
Farmer1906
AG
So good. So much happened. Can not explain.
AgMarauder04
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

AGGies0311 said:

[The movie isn't mass released yet. Do not post spoilers or possible spoilers. -Staff]
Make sure to flag anything this guy posts so it gets deleted quickly. Dude posted real spoilers and may try to do so again.

Guy is a creep who spoiled the movie for A LOT of people.
aggiephoenix02
AgMarauder04 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

AGGies0311 said:

Guy is a creep who spoiled the movie for A LOT of people.
What a turkey this guy is... but maybe he didn't mean to? IDK, but I do know it's selfish to ruin other peoples fun on purpose. Maybe he's having trouble remembering which of the three threads he's on? IDK
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Nah, he posted last weekend, on both threads. Spoiled three major plot points.
wangus12
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Nah, he posted last weekend, on both threads. Spoiled three major plot points.
As much time as I spend on these threads, I was so lucky I missed that 30 minute window that it was up
double aught
AG
Loved the film! I've been avoiding this thread for some time. I'm glad I went in knowing very little. There was a lot to take in.
double aught
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

Today and tomorrow are days to celebrate. Thought I'd share this story, I know I know, TLDR, with you.

In the summer of 1977, and as my dad tells it, he was listening to AM radio while working in our garage when two DJs started raving about this new movie, "Star Wars." My dad worked on an oil tanker so it was 3 months on the ship, then 2 months off. Star Wars came out when he was off work and the three of us ended up seeing it 7 times that summer in the theater. I was 3, my brother was 7, my dad all of 29.

In 1980, we saw Empire the opening Saturday. I was scared of the cave scene on Dagobah and refused to believe Vader's dirty lies about being Luke's father. I was 6, my brother was 10, my dad all of 32.

In 1983, Return of the Jedi came out while my dad was on the tanker. My brother and I had to wait 2- weeks to see ROTJ when he got home and had to rely on half-ass versions of what had happened from our friends the last week of school. Some idiot told me Jabba the Hutt was a giant octopus. Finally we saw it. And again the next day. And again the day after that. Cuz my dad is awesome like that. I was 9, My brother was 13, my dad all of 35.

In 1999, The Phantom Menace came out. My dad, my brother and I went to see The Waterboy at the movies on a Monday night just so we could see the trailer for The Phantom Menace twice (they showed it again after the movie ended). The day it came to wait in line for tickets (I waited 7 hours), my parents were on vacation and my dad was really bummed he couldn't wait in line with me. He tried to get them an earlier flight home even! On opening day, the three of us and a friend of mine from A&M saw the movie at 9 a.m., 1 p.m. , and 7 p.m. I know the detractors will laugh on that, but I wouldn't trade that day for $1 million. I was now 25, my brother 29, my dad suddenly 51.

In 2002, Attack of the Clones came out. When it was over, my dad happened to hear a guy say "I liked it much better the second time" and asked what the guy meant. I told him they were showing movies at 12:01 a.m. now so you could see it right when the opening day started. My 54-year-old dad said "We HAVE to do that for the next one." My brother, slowly turning into an introverted hermit, said "I don't know, that's really late at night." My dad turned on him and said, "It's ONE NIGHT THREE YEARS FROM NOW, STOP BEING A BABY!" I was 28, my brother 32, my dad a fired-up 54 year old.

In 2005, Revenge of the Sith came out. True to their colors, my dad was there at midnight with me and three other friends. My brother begged off because he is a wuss. My dad had seen Vader in the trailers and had brought with him an original Darth Vader action figure that he had found at a garage sale - my dad got big into eBay when he retired. He said "And when Vader comes out, I'm going to hold up the action figure over my head!" When Vader finally showed up, my dad's leg had fallen asleep and it took him 2 minutes to get Vader out of his pocket. I got home at 3 a.m., slept 4 hours, then got up and went to see it with my brother the next morning at 9 a.m. I was 31, my brother 35, my dad the coolest 57-year-old alive.

In 2015, The Force Awakens came out. I went to see it with my dad, my brother, my buddy from A&M, and my brother's daughter, 11 years old and a huge fan of Yoda, Princess Leia and Chewbacca. Having had a rough few years, I made a point to tell my brother and my dad how much it meant to me that they were both there to see it with me. When I gave my dad a big hug, he started crying. I was suddenly 41, my brother 45, my dad able to get discounted movie tickets at age 67.

Tomorrow night, I'll be at the movie theater with my dad and my brother (among others) to see our 8th episode of Star Wars together. We're all 40 years older than we were in 1977. I can barely fathom that fact. I texted my dad to tell him about the first trailer being on MNF a couple of months ago and he texted back, "I saw. Already have the DVR to record it." I'm 43, my brother is 47, my dad is the coolest 69-year-old man in the galaxy.

The force is strong in your family.
hurleyag
AG
Have to say it was way underwhelming for me. Don't think I will be seeing it again in theaters.
The Collective
AG
The audience score is not looking good on RT at 64%... consider my expectations managed for tonight.
The Collective
AG
Also, broke down and watched Grace's non-spoiler review (Beyond the Trailer). I'll spoiler tag this even though it's not spoilery.

She essentially says a lot happened but nothing happened, e.g. the story did not move forward much. Anyone willing to confirm this without going into much detail?
Ag Since 83
AG
I wouldn't agree with that statement.
Beat40
CJS4715 said:

The audience score is not looking good on RT at 64%... consider my expectations managed for tonight.
I'm seeing it Saturday evening. Will be curious to see why there is such a huge disparity between the critics and the audience.

Although, I care more about the opinions of you guys on here rather than RT.
americathegreat1492
I'm anxiously awaiting Brian's non-spoilery thoughts. Im about one hour out from seeing the movie myself.
The Collective
AG
americathegreat1492 said:

I'm anxiously awaiting Brian's non-spoilery thoughts. Im about one hour out from seeing the movie myself.

Here is my guess. Brian loved it; TCTTS hated it. The truth will be somewhere in the middle.
First Page Last Page
Page 643 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.