Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,860,280 Views | 43820 Replies | Last: 3 min ago by The Porkchop Express
Ag Since 83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I will probably watch Rogue One and 4-7 at some point starting Friday.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
double aught
AG
That's a cool video.

Man I love that movie.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
wangus12
AG
Liquid Wrench
Found what I want for Christmas

Only 179.95
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

OMG....so awesome......my wife would kill me but......don't care. I need that.

New office light.
wangus12
AG
I'd be totally stoked if this possibly happens

Taika Waititi has been offered a Star Wars movie
Flashdiaz
AG
wangus12 said:

I'd be totally stoked if this possibly happens

Taika Waititi has been offered a Star Wars movie
already has a Star Wars name
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Very interesting. I dig the choice, but the real question is, what movie was he offered?

Doesn't seems like it would be the Obi-Wan movie. Could it be the Boba Fett movie, or something we don't even know about?

Or, maybe he was offered to develop a movie from scratch.
Sex Panther
AG
Jar Jar Rising
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
https://www.avclub.com/kathleen-kennedy-says-shed-love-for-taika-waititi-to-1821071198

Quote:

As it happens, Waititi has actually addressed this particular question before; back in October,he pretty quickly demurred when The New York Times asked him about the idea, responding, "That particular franchise seems really hard. There's not much room for someone like me. Through its narrow canon, the tone of Star Wars has always been determinedly self-serious"something that's believed to have especially caused problems for Lord and Miller, who Kennedy booted off the pair's Han Solo movie earlier this year.
jr15aggie
AG
Just FYI a spoiler TV spot was posted on TLJ thread. It had spoiler tags but some of us read the details before we knew it was a real spoiler.

But keep in mind this was a legitimate TV spot playing on ESPN, so if you really have seen enough already then you'll want to turn away / cover your eyes next time you see one show up during a commercial break.

I'm pretty disappointed Disney would even let that 1/2 second clip even run... what were they thinking!!!

You've been warned!
TCTTS
AG
Because it's NOT a "spoiler." It's just a cool shot you didn't want to see yet. Those are two very different things.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Thanks.

I'm just gonna avoid that thread until the 14th.
jr15aggie
AG
TCTTS said:

Because it's NOT a "spoiler." It's just a cool shot you didn't want to see yet. Those are two very different things.
EDIT: I'll refrain from debating this here... even though we wouldn't give away details, just talking about it can be annoying. Will try and keep this thread clean!

I'll just say I disagree... it was a spoiler.
Chipotlemonger
AG
TCTTS said:

So he didn't see it yet and wouldn't have until the movie which is less than 2 weeks away. Sounds like a spoiler to me.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Just let him be. He has this weird thing about spoilers that really triggers him.

But would definitely ask to keep talk of "that shot" off this thread.
TCTTS
AG
I mean, she already did basically the exact same thing in the last movie. It's a skill we've known she's possessed since then. And frankly, I would be more surprised if it didn't happen again, as we've seen that move a dozen times across all the movies. But because it's a third act event, I guess I understand. It's just that the marketing has been so good, and has been so perfectly vague up to this point, that I trust Johnson/Disney to know what they're doing in what they're revealing. It's AMAZING how much footage they've shown and yet how little we still know about the plot a week before the movie's release. The marketing has been a masterclass in how to build anticipation without revealing hardly anything, so it's easy for me to not get worked up over a single "spoilery" shot. I trust they know what they're doing by now.
jr15aggie
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Just let him be. He has this weird thing about spoilers that really triggers him.

But would definitely ask to keep talk of "that shot" off this thread.
Exactly... opinions about spoilers are fine... the general idea is that most people that saw the shot wished they hadn't. Take that for what it is and avoid it or don't, it's your world!
jr15aggie
AG
Yo bro, please edit that post and let's take this to the other thread. There are some that really don't want to know anything and your post is saying too much IMO.

I'm fine with what you are saying and agree with some of your points, but just trying to be respectful of others. Let's keep all the TLJ debates on the other thread at this point.
TCTTS
AG
I was literally as vague as I could possibly be - there's no way anyone could glean anything from what I was saying - but ok. Edited.
jr15aggie
AG
TCTTS said:

I was literally as vague as I could possibly be - there's no way anyone could glean anything from what I was saying - but ok. Edited.
Thanks man, we're all friends here!
Saul Goodman
AG
Star Wars fans a week out before a new movie are like pregnant women before the big day. Emotions are running hot.
TCTTS
TCTTS
AG
I've driven the route to the theater multiple times, have my bag packed, Dr. Johnson is on call for delivery, and I'm ready to go!
jr15aggie
AG
Saul Goodman
AG
Nice. And whether it's objectively ugly or not, I'll think it's beautiful.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Chipotlemonger said:

TCTTS said:

So he didn't see it yet and wouldn't have until the movie which is less than 2 weeks away. Sounds like a spoiler to me.
That makes everything a spoiler, though. I you're pumping gas and the TV is showing Daisy Ridley on with Fallon and she says she wore her hair 3 different ways during the Last Jedi, you're spoiled.
Ag Since 83
AG
I officially hate this week
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

while I also prefer I had not seen that.....anything in a commercial is technically NOT a spoiler.

The studio intentionally put it out there. that's never a "spoiler".

A spoiler is something revealed from the movie that is not widely known, a plot element for example.

I mean it's not like they put this out there....

wangus12
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

Chipotlemonger said:

TCTTS said:

That makes everything a spoiler, though. I you're pumping gas and the TV is showing Daisy Ridley on with Fallon and she says she wore her hair 3 different ways during the Last Jedi, you're spoiled.
Well **** thanks for spoiling that for me!
TCTTS
AG
Saul Goodman said:

Nice. And whether it's objectively ugly or not, I'll think it's beautiful.
I see what you did there...
3rdGen2015
AG
BernArnold said:

while I also prefer I had not seen that.....anything in a commercial is technically NOT a spoiler.

The studio intentionally put it out there. that's never a "spoiler".

A spoiler is something revealed from the movie that is not widely known, a plot element for example.

I mean it's not like they put this out there....

What about when the soundtrack from TPM was released with a track called "Qui-Gon's Noble End"?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
First Page Last Page
Page 635 of 1253

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.