Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,859,122 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by TCTTS
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Dang.
TCTTS
AG
This is a GOOD thing. Let the saga movies move forward, not back. There can still be an Old Republic spin-off or whatever down the line.
3rdGen2015
AG
Isn't it supposed to be a non-saga trilogy though?
Buck Compton
AG
TCTTS said:

This is a GOOD thing. Let the saga movies move forward, not back. There can still be an Old Republic spin-off or whatever down the line.
I guess that's true. A one-movie spin-off would be okay. Or even a short mini-series if they're interested in going that way.
TCTTS
AG
It won't be a Skywalker movie, but it will essentially take the place of the main/saga movies. Maybe "saga" isn't the right word, but it looks like Lucasfilm will be sticking with the main/spin-off every-other-year rotation, and this new trilogy will fall in the "main" category presumably.
Ag Since 83
AG
Good news. I know I'm in the minority but I never cared for the Old Republic idea
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
There's still hope for the live action series.
Farmer1906
AG
I am not sure how the new series will feel like Star Wars if it doesn't follow the Skywalker line, focus on Jedi, and a battle for the galaxy.
Malachi Constant
AG
We will love Rian's new trilogy for the same reason we love the Old Republic Era: it provides the setting to tell a NEW story that isn't constrained by what we know about the Skywalker Era. The Old Republic was fascinating because it was so far removed from what we knew, but kept the great things intact (Jedi, Sith, Lightsabers, The Force, etc. )

Who is to say that a saga that takes place 3000 years in the FUTURE can't be as awesome as one that was 3000 years in the past?
Malachi Constant
AG
And yes, the "you are Revan" reveal was almost as impactful as "No, I am your father."

I trust Rian to come up with something just as compelling (in TLJ and the new trilogy).

Lastly, any time I worry I go back and watch 'Ozymandias' and I know this sheets gonna be awesome.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Maybe we'll get the old republic stuff one day
jabberwalkie09
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

There's still hope for the live action series.

Best way a live action series works is if it's about the Underworld storyline imo.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Exactly!

I hope they use the abandoned concept art from Star Wars 1313.
Dro07
AG
wait has it been confirmed if this will follow the Jedi or will it just be in the star wars universe?
TCTTS
AG
Nothing confirmed other than it's set in "a corner of the galaxy that Star Wars lore has never before explored." But I would be shocked if there aren't at least light sabers. Who knows where Episode IX will leave the galaxy in regards to the existence of Jedi/Sith, but I guarantee you there are certain mandates going forward, and light sabers will likely be one of them.
Buck Compton
AG
TCTTS said:

Nothing confirmed other than it's set in "a corner of the galaxy that Star Wars lore has never before explored." But I would be shocked if there aren't at least light sabers. Who knows where Episode IX will leave the galaxy in regard to the existence of Jedi/Sith, but I guarantee you there are certain mandates, and light sabers will likely be one of them.
Along with the force and certain types of force powers, I agree.
TCTTS
AG
Exactly.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
John Williams should be another.
TCTTS
AG
I'm afraid he'll be too old. He already is. Not even Episode IX is a guarantee at this point.
The Collective
AG
It is sad that we have so few years left with John Williams. I am going into TLJ prepared for this to be his final SW film. I hope he can at least collaborate with a young composer on IX if it is not a workload he can handle.
Ag Since 83
AG
I'd completely forgotten there's a new Star Wars book out today I pre-ordered a while back. Nice surprise in the mailbox just now.

Since it has to do with a location from TLJ, I might wait 10 days before opening it though.
aggiephoenix02

Are you going Star Wars crazy?

Are you having trouble waiting for your upcoming Star Wars adventure, but don't want to catch any spoilers that might ruin your fun?

Then perhaps a few fan films might give you just enough of a fix to help you push through. These are some of the best ever made:

18 min. - Darth Maul: Apprentice
22.5 min. - Smuggler's Run
17 min. - Emergence
12 min. - TK-436
53 min. - Regrets of the Past
7.5 min. - Tie fighter
PatAg
AG
I still think this, or something similar, would make for an excellent movie or series.
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Coruscant_Nights_I:_Jedi_Twilight

It's in the Star Wars universe, but more of a detective movie to start. Gets more and more star warsy as you go.
wangus12
AG
aggiephoenix02 said:

Are you having trouble waiting for your upcoming Star Wars adventure, but don't want to catch any spoilers that might ruin your fun?

Then perhaps a few fan films might give you just enough of a fix to help you push through. These are some of the best ever made:

18 min.
22.5 min.
17 min.
12 min.
53 min.
7.5 min.
I've already seen all of these!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
8 for 8!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

In case anyone wants to follow suit.
Farmer1906
AG
How could you disrespect the Clone Wars like that?
AGGies0311
I'll see TLJ on the 14th so my plan starts tonight.
Farmer1906
AG
AGGies0311 said:

Good point. Why would you wait? I am going to a6 pm showing (earliest I could find) in Houston.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
My plan --

Watched the prequels a couple months ago.

Watched Rogue One and A New Hope two weekends ago.

Watched Empire Strikes Back last weekend.

Watching Return of the Jedi and The Force Awakens this weekend.

Last Jedi on the 14th. 6 pm ET. Will be one hour ahead of most of you.

Will watch it again at least once more during the weekend, depending on what same day ticket I can snag with my Moviepass.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Farmer1906 said:

AGGies0311 said:

Good point. Why would you wait? I am going to a6 pm showing (earliest I could find) in Houston.

Because I'm waiting for my kids to get back from college. They arrive Friday. Son drives home. Daughter flies in from NYC about 2pm. We have 7:30 tickets.

SW movies are a family thing for us.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
I'll start in the 10th.

Unfortunately I've seen the prequels enough recently on TNT. I'll just go RO thru TFA.
aggiephoenix02
If y'all are watching one Star Wars movie a day in preparation for Episode VIII, y'all needed to start yesterday.
Y'all are forgetting the two Ewok Adventure movies... and maybe even the Star Wars Holiday Special.

Edit: As a child I liked the two ewok movies, but I was 6 or 7 and had all the Kenner ewok figures and the big tree fort to play along with the movie. They didn't hold up well over time though, they're really, REALLY bad movies...
jabberwalkie09
AG
Those do not exist.
jr15aggie
AG
wangus12 said:

aggiephoenix02 said:

18 min.
22.5 min.
17 min.
12 min.
53 min.
7.5 min.
I've already seen all of these!
What about this one... this one is much older, but a good one!

First Page Last Page
Page 634 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.