Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,859,888 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by TCTTS
ChipFTAC01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
She also played CJ Cregg 's nice Hogan on an episode of The West Wing.
TCTTS
AG
Saul Goodman
AG
Thanks for sharing. Good read for someone like me, who doesn't consume any Star Wars material outside of the movies.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Good read.
TCTTS
AG
No problem. And yeah, same. I didn't know any of that stuff.
TXAG 05
AG
Same here, that filled in a lot holes, especially about who the Resistance and First Order are.
TCTTS
AG
Honestly, some of that stuff would have either made for a more compelling movie than TFA, or could have made TFA itself more compelling. Kylo betraying Luke, the news going public that Vader was Leah's father, etc. I know a lot of that was impossible to incorporate due to the ages of the actors, but one aspect I still think would have been cool to actually witness was the rise of The First Order. See them rebuilding in the shadows, their first terrorist attack, people realizing the Empire never truly died, etc. Could have been a movie in and of itself.

In fact, that gives me an idea...
Ag Since 83
AG
That link really underscores how little the new canon has filled in the years between Jakku and TFA. Hopefully once TLJ and IX reveal whatever secrets they will, they'll go back and fill in more. I think you could have a great Unknown Regions series or even something like Stackpole's X-Wing series.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
Ag Since 83 said:

That link really underscores how little the new canon has filled in the years between Jakku and TFA. Hopefully once TLJ and IX reveal whatever secrets they will, they'll go back and fill in more. I think you could have a great Unknown Regions series or even something like Stackpole's X-Wing series.
Would love this.
Owner of Texian Firearms:
Dealer in Firearms, Optics, Night Vision and other shooting accessories.
US importer/distributor of Rudolph Optics
Supporting bad financial decisions since 2015
Belton Ag
AG
Quote:

In fact, that gives me an idea...
I'm looking forward to the Snoke: A Star Wars Story thread.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Alright I'm out; see you all in 2 weeks... too much blabbing and near-spoiler posting for me already
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

Home stretch!
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
10 days ...

I consider myself a huge fan of all of these movies (including TexAgs' most hated Episode I). I find it odd that in years past I could not contain my enthusiasm for seeing each and every one of these movies. Until this one.

It's not that I won't see it, certainly. I think that it was a factor of when it was going to be released, and everything else that I was really looking forward to that was coming out before The Last Jedi. Dunkirk, Thor Ragnorak, Justice League, SpiderMan Homecoming, Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2, Wonder Woman, Blade Runner 2049 ... well, I've seen all of those now, and over the weekend I noted that with every commercial break during the various ball games I watched on Saturday, they played TV spots for TLJ and those ads got my attention every time. And finally, I have enthusiasm for The Last Jedi and cannot wait for Dec 15.
The Collective
AG
Marketing works.
Farmer1906
AG
I have ignored and turned off every ad I could. I only watched the trailer once. I am trying like hell to avoid spoilers and speculation. I think this will make my watching experience even greater. I don't need hype to get excited about Star Wars.
jr15aggie
AG
I laughed!

wcb
AG
TCTTS said:

Not a single mention of Snoke?
Ag Since 83
AG
I think he is mentioned by other characters in Phasma and maybe Bloodline, but they didn't give any more information about him than you can glean from TFA
MandoArms
At this point we know more about Admiral Haldo than we do Snoke...and that is a good thing.
Belton Ag
AG
BrownCoat said:

At this point we know more about Admiral Haldo than we do Snoke...and that is a good thing.
Yeah, so far we know what Lucasfilm wants us to know. I can't decide if it's annoying to me or not, but it's brilliant marketing.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
M.C. Swag
AG
Gotdamn i love Mark Hamill. I'd like to think that if I was ever as iconic as him, I would be at least half as decent a human as he is.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Honestly.

Nicolas Cage is going to steal Mark Hamill in his next movie.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
CJS4715 said:

Marketing works.
I was never not going to see TLJ, so I'm not sure it was marketing in my case as much as it was more me being ready to start seeing Sar Wars again, given all the other movies I wanted to see.
jokershady
AG
Is it pathetic that I got choked up reading that?

Ok. Good.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Got this today from Disney Rewards. Free!

Belton Ag
AG
Somebody went to the build your own lightsaber station at the Disney store.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
That was actually a Christmas gift from a couple years ago.
jokershady
AG
Where's the purple one?
gougler08
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I assume you don't live with a woman?
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
gougler08 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Or he has his domain - my office is full of A&M, Star Wars and golf memorabilia ...the wife has no say on the decor in there.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
wangus12
AG
BernArnold said:

gougler08 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Or he has his domain - my office is full of A&M, Star Wars and golf memorabilia ...the wife has no say on the decor in there.

Thats how my spare bedroom is. Hell she bought me two wall decor items that are basically cross-section/blueprints of R2-D2 and a multitude of spacecraft.
TCTTS
AG
Buck Compton
First Page Last Page
Page 633 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.