Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,858,403 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 21 min ago by TCTTS
The Collective
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have now seen speculation from 3 different places that there might be a Han Solo film teaser at D23. Any thoughts on that?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Random thought while watching ROTS last weekend -

Do Jedi get paid? Anakin stays at Padme's baller ass apartment in Coruscant, so I wonder if Obi-Wan has enough money to have his own awesome bachelor pad in Coruscant. Otherwise I assume all the Jedi sleep in Jedi Temple.

If they all stay in Temple college dorm style, wouldn't they notice that Anakin has not been sleeping in the Temple every night?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Wookieepedia confirms.

Quote:

Located within the Temple's accommodation sector, the Billet was made up of several private sleeping chambers for use by the Order's many Jedi Knights. This tenth floor accommodation suite was complimented by a conversation salon, snack galley, and exercise pen. The salon contained several tables and chairs which could be utilized by Knights engaged in deep, thoughtful discussion about politics or the Force. The exercise pen, located at the end of the main hallway, had a transparisteel window giving those in the hall a view of those training inside.
Bolded part made me chuckle.
Flashdiaz
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Random thought while watching ROTS last weekend -

Do Jedi get paid? Anakin stays at Padme's baller ass apartment in Coruscant, so I wonder if Obi-Wan has enough money to have his own awesome bachelor pad in Coruscant. Otherwise I assume all the Jedi sleep in Jedi Temple.

If they all stay in Temple college dorm style, wouldn't they notice that Anakin has not been sleeping in the Temple every night?
they're probably like Monks and don't get paid but have their needs taken care of.

Anakin probably had a deep conversation in the lunchroom with his bunkmate about how snitches get stitches.
redline248
AG
First of all, I'd take anything from wookiepedia with a grain of salt. There's almost nothing in the new canon to describe the temple life.

I'm 99% certain we see both Yoda and Anakin in "private chambers" in the temple, so they did have that. Anakin probably didn't spend every night with Padme, and Jedi in general probably have enough missions that keep them out at night to where no one thought too much about when he wasn't home.

But they are a little dumb for never figuring that one out.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Seriously.

When Obi-Wan asks Padme "Anakin is the father, isn't he?", it still blows my mind to this day.

Dude, really?
Urban Ag
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Seriously.

When Obi-Wan asks Padme "Anakin is the father, isn't he?", it still blows my mind to this day.

Dude, really?
Imagine Obi Wan's shocked face if when Luke and Leia were born it becomes obvious that Mace Windu had been visiting her apartment too.
Dro07
AG
Maybe he was trying to make sure it wasn't his
Tanya 93
Mommy, can we watch Episode VII again?

I am in my Stormtrooper jammies and we need to watch it again.

By the way, is Finn the only Stormtrooper that can actually hit what he tries to shoot?

Oh and Mommy, what is your favorite movie? Is I, II, or III? *snicker*

"You can go to bed now. Your smart mouth sucks."

*Giggle snort*
israeliag
AG
TCTTS
AG

TCTTS
AG
LOVING the overall look/vibe. And I'm assuming all wheels will likely be removed in post.
Urban Ag
AG
TCTTS said:

LOVING the overall look/vibe. And I'm assuming all wheels will likely be removed in post.
Nope. Pretty standard looking transportation on Detroitooine V. a backwater, outer rim planet which ceased making modern looking vehicles after the planet's economy collapsed.
TCTTS
AG
Alrighty then.
Flashdiaz
AG
The falcon is definitely an upgrade..
israeliag
AG
TCTTS said:

didn't they put Vaseline or something on the lens to "remove" the wheels on Luke's speeder in Ep4?
AliasMan02
AG
israeliag said:

TCTTS said:

didn't they put Vaseline or something on the lens to "remove" the wheels on Luke's speeder in Ep4?
Yep. The "force field."
The Collective
AG
Two Star Wars movies within 5 months of each other... going to be amazing.
Flashdiaz
AG
new old pics:

hurleyag
AG
Slave Leia.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Urban Ag
AG
nevermind
boogieman
AG
As a little kid, it blew my mind that Han would holster his weapon so low on his leg (compared to cowboys in westerns). It seemed so wrong, and yet he made it work.
Flashdiaz
AG
boogieman said:

As a little kid, it blew my mind that Han would holster his weapon so low on his leg (compared to cowboys in westerns). It seemed so wrong, and yet he made it work.

he makes himself smaller by crouching instead of standing tall like a huge target

MGS
boogieman said:

Better position to shoot somebody under the table.
TCTTS
AG
Forgot to post his earlier, but the more I think about it, the more and more I'm loving these pics. This feels like it could basically be the Star Wars version of Guardians of Galaxy (and I'm sure someone will chime in with what, exactly, influenced what, but you get my drift). Like, if Guardians is '70s pop space sci-fi, Han Solo looks like it could be '70s hard rock space sci-fi, if that makes any sense whatsoever. Point is, this looks like it could insanely FUN. And almost as weird & goofy, just with more iconic characters, ships, and scenarios we know and love sprinkled throughout.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
That description got me excited.
Urban Ag
AG
TCTTS said:

Forgot to post his earlier, but the more I think about it, the more and more I'm loving these pics. This feels like it could basically be the Star Wars version of Guardians of Galaxy (and I'm sure someone will chime in with what, exactly, influenced what, but you get my drift). Like, if Guardians is '70s pop space sci-fi, Han Solo looks like it could be '70s hard rock space sci-fi, if that makes any sense whatsoever. Point is, this looks like it could insanely FUN. And almost as weird & goofy, just with more iconic characters, ships, and scenarios we know and love sprinkled throughout.
this. Oh lord this.

Rogue One did a good job with the X wing pilots this way.

More of this vibe. Agree 100%

This is the "baseline" that is a huge part of why I love the Star Wars universe
TCTTS
AG
I mean, I may end up being being way off base here, so I don't want to mislead anyone, but it really does seem like Guardians of the Galaxy Far Far Away is at least partially what they're going for. Granted, it's obviously not an exact 1:1 ratio, but...

Han = Starlord (who, I realize, is basically a rip off of Han to begin with)

Chewie = Groot

Emelia Clarke (whoever she's playing) = (potentially) Gamora / possible love interest

Woody Harrison = Yondu (right down to the raised-an-orphan-to-be-a-smuggler/ravager dynamic)

Phoebe Waller-Bridge (playing some kind of CGI alien or android) = Rocket (kind of)

Throw in Glover as Lando, a Jabba appearance, Thandie Newton as whoever she's playing, and the always-great Michael Kenneth Williams, and there's a definite outlaws-on-the-run / misfits-working-together kind of vibe, who encounter a series of dastardly characters together. I seriously doubt there will be anywhere near the same kind of "family" type themes/dynamics, there obviously won't be any pop music featured, and I'd be surprised if there's any kind of Marvel-esque villain involved, but you get my point. And don't get me wrong, I definitely want this to be it's own thing and not just a Star Wars rip off of Guardians, but I feel like there's finally at least a vague model of how something like this could work, and a likely touchstone (one of hopefully many) the filmmakers were inspired by.

Basically, I'm thinking one part Guardians, one part Serenity, and one part western heist, with a pinch of '70s hard rock sci-fi aesthetic (if that's even a thing), all thrown into a delicious Star Wars stew served a year + a week to the day.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Has any of the story for this leaked out? I'm curious if well see the beginning of Han and Chewie
AgMarauder04
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

Has any of the story for this leaked out? I'm curious if well see the beginning of Han and Chewie

Seeing him defect from the Imperials, rescue Chewie, and win the Falcon almost seems like a must

Throw in him losing Jabbas cargo for good measure.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Thinking about it, while I guess they have to show those three events I kinda almost wish we wouldn't. I hope it's more like Rogue One in how it ties in with the OT but somewhat in ways you don't even realize until they're over or you're at home.
OnlyForNow
AG
Do they ever talk about what the cargo is/was in the movies or books? If so, with cannon what kind of angle could they take if that was the focus?
Ag Since 83
AG
They have established spice as a major drug component/smuggling cargo in episodes of The Clone Wars, but I am unaware of any canon mention to that being the cargo of the Falcon. However, since it's so readily accepted as the cargo by anyone with familiarity to the EU, I hope they don't change it without really good reason. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Mac94
AG
saw the vehicle pics and my mind went to one of Lucas' first films and Ford's first roles ... American Graffiti, lol. A space American Graffiti.
First Page Last Page
Page 593 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.