Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,860,065 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 9 hrs ago by TCTTS
twilly
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AliasMan02 said:

Do you know how sycophantic all of his employees would have to be for nobody to speak up about the midichlorians thing? All it would have taken is one person to say, "people will hate this" or "this makes no sense" in the first meeting. Just one.
I got 3 words for you... Jar Jar Binks.

If that craptastic character made it through the design process, then the Plaid One surrounded himself with nothing but a bunch of Yes Men.
AliasMan02
AG
I honestly see how Jar Jar could get through. Comic relief. Kids will like him. Etc. I can wrap my head around that.

He didn't fundamentally change the foundation of the universe.
twilly
AG
AliasMan02 said:

I honestly see how Jar Jar could get through. Comic relief. Kids will like him. Etc. I can wrap my head around that.

Seeing how it's HIS UNIVERSE, would take some pretty large huevos to go against the Creator.
AliasMan02
AG
He has teams of people surrounding him to help understand the audience. Shouldn't be an issue. But it was, obviously.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Quote:

If you're referring to Jar Jar Binks, I would counter that actually he did. JJB was a useful idiot character who went before the Galactic Senate to nominate Palpatine as Supreme Chancellor, and we all know how that turned out.
Flashdiaz
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

Quote:

If you're referring to Jar Jar Binks, I would counter that actually he did. JJB was a useful idiot character who went before the Galactic Senate to nominate Palpatine as Supreme Chancellor, and we all know how that turned out.
I wish they would have gone the sympathetic useful idiot and not the annoying-everyone-wants-him-dead useful idiot.

anyways..... do you want to see Jabba the Hutt in the Han Solo spin off?
special ANH edition wierd shoe-horned in Jabba or ROTJ hohoho Jabba?
TCTTS
AG
Some taken-from-a-drone set pics just leaked and it definitely looks like Tatooine. A desert environment, at least, which could imply Jabba.

I have a feeling we're going to get it all in this movie... Han/Jabba, how Han won the Falcon from Lando, the Kessel run, etc. And normally, I would be super skeptical about filling in the blanks like that, but I trust Lord & Miller and everyone else involved.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
israeliag said:

Doubt that would happen but I would love it if it opens with them making the Kessel run
I would love it if they had just completed the Kessel Run
The Collective
AG
If you hear Salacious B. Crumb will be making an appearance, be sure to put it in spoiler tags.
MGS
TCTTS said:

Some taken-from-a-drone set pics just leaked and it definitely looks like Tatooine. A desert environment, at least, which could imply Jabba.

I have a feeling we're going to get it all in this movie... Han/Jabba, how Han won the Falcon from Lando, the Kessel run, etc. And normally, I would be super skeptical about filling in the blanks like that, but I trust Lord & Miller and everyone else involved.
I have a bad feeling that Boba Fett will be a major character.
Flashdiaz
AG
MGS said:

TCTTS said:

I have a bad feeling that Boba Fett will be a major character.
of course he will. They obviously have a history.

And they're going to save Salacious B. Crumb and Bib Fortuna for the Jabba the Hutt romcom standalone featuring the Rancor as a baby groot type character.
redline248
AG
Quote:

They obviously have a history.
Do they in the new canon?
twilly
AG
I've got a question here for the movie-tech guys. We are basically one year out from release on the Solo movie, and they are still in principal photography. If my memory serves me, the recent Star Wars movies and other blockbusters usually have wrapped up principal shooting by this time. I mean they are about to start filming Ep. IX in July!

What is your guys opinion on the timeline? Will it feel rushed? Enough time for practical and SFX? Reshoots?

Just seems like this shoot is going light-speed compared to other big budget films.
fig96
AG
Shouldn't be an issue on timeline, it's a hair short but pretty on par for most big films these days. For context, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 started shooting in Feb 2016.

Also keep in mind that in VFX heavy films they've most likely done tons of pre-visualization and are already well into a lot of the VFX work for the mostly/fully digital sequences.
The Collective
AG
Also, remember that they completely reshot Rogue One 6 months before its release.

Speaking of Rogue One....
MandoArms
Since we are talking about Rogue One, one thing I'm curious about is if Bail Organa spent his last days thinking he'd sent his daughter to her death? I can figure Leia never had a chance to tell him she got away and that the Empire wouldn't have told him she'd been captured.
AliasMan02
AG
BrownCoat said:

Since we are talking about Rogue One, one thing I'm curious about is if Bail Organa spent his last days thinking he'd sent his daughter to her death? I can figure Leia never had a chance to tell him she got away and that the Empire wouldn't have told him she'd been captured.

Empire reported the ship was destroyed and all aboard killed, so presumably Bail did believe that.
wangus12
AG
Poor Jimmy
Flashdiaz
AG
AliasMan02 said:

BrownCoat said:

Empire reported the ship was destroyed and all aboard killed, so presumably Bail did believe that.

tragically, him sending her caused Tarkin to use her home world as target practice.

Bail should have sent someone from Naboo.
dave94
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Flashdiaz said:

AliasMan02 said:

BrownCoat said:

tragically, him sending her caused Tarkin to use her home world as target practice.

Let me guess, Jar Jar?
The Collective
AG
Bail Organa: I would trust her with my life....

Pick better next time.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
CJS4715 said:

Bail Organa: I would trust her with my life....

Pick better next time.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Flashdiaz said:

AliasMan02 said:

BrownCoat said:

Or Tatooine because... sand.
Flashdiaz
AG
SpreadsheetAg said:

Flashdiaz said:

AliasMan02 said:

BrownCoat said:

Or Tatooine because... sand.
all that sand would get blown into space and into the deathstar's ventilation system... it would get everywhere.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
...and its course.
Malachi Constant
AG
coarse*
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Blatant Disregard said:

coarse*
Yes, this
israeliag
AG
SpreadsheetAg said:

israeliag said:

Doubt that would happen but I would love it if it opens with them making the Kessel run
I would love it if they had just completed the Kessel Run
Chewie: "Rrrrrrr"
Han: "Huh, look at that. We just got here in 12 parsecs."
Lando: "So? I doubt anyone will care."

<TITLE>
Duncan Idaho
CJS4715 said:

Also, remember that they completely reshot Rogue One 6 months before its release.

Speaking of Rogue One....

Even the guys Mr sunday movies has sub for him are great.
Duncan Idaho
Urban Ag said:

Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

Duncan Idaho said:

Texaggie7nine said:

That video is included in this. Hamill has actually made me realize how much better TFA could have been.

This cements my feeling that Rogue One was a way better movie.
he best be careful, the mouse ain't gonna like that.
What's the Mouse gonna do, re-cast LUKE SKYWALKER?

The Mouse: Mark, yeah, we'd really like it if you'd tone down some of the rhetoric
Mark: Oh yeah, or what?
The Mouse: Well Mark, we don't want it to come to this but we could be forced to make some casting changes
Mark: Oh sure, you're just going to cut Luke out of episodes 8 and 9, please
The Mouse: Well no, not exactly
Mark: So, what do you have in mind then......?
The Mouse: Mark, have you seen Rogue One?

That was where I was going.
jokershady
AG
So it's been YEARS since I've seen any of the prequels....and I'm now introducing my sons to all of the Star Wars films....

And damn....I forgot how bad TPM and AOFC sucked....like royally sucked....good gawd from the moment I started reading the text scroll to my son I was thinking, "this is not going to be the same movie I remembered from 15-20 years ago."

But there was two scenes in AOFC that got me thinking....

1. The scene where Obiwan and Dooku are talking for the first time with Obiwan held captive....there's a moment where Dooku basically reveals everything the Sith is doing (i.e. That the galactic senate is under the influence of a Sith Lord but doesn't know who and a few other things I can't specifically remember).

He asks Obiwan to join him to help put an end to the Sith but Obiwan refuses. Why? He basically told him generally all the crap that was going down that they end up getting surprised with in ROTS. Had he listened would things have turned out differently?

2. The scene where Anikan makes it back to Tatooine there's a moment where he meets the young Owen Lars and he introduces himself as his "half brother" since Anikans mom had gotten married and had another child who also ended up caring for adopted Luke.

The odds of the movies going this direction to tie in Rey to the Skywalker bloodline seems to be 0, but it would be interesting if Rey somehow ended up being tied to Shmi Skywalker being her grandmother (or probably great-grandmother)....

Thoughts on either of these?

(Trying to keep conversations relevant since this is basically the Star Wars "off-season.")
redline248
AG
1. Obi-wan didn't trust Dooku, and it's probable Dooku was just looking for an apprentice to help him overthrow Palpatine and be the master himself. Even if Obi-wan believed what Dooku was saying, he wasn't going to "join him" and go against the Jedi.

2. Owen is not Shmi's real son. Owen says that to Anakin as gesture, more than anything. They are only step brothers.
OnlyForNow
AG
I've wondered about Dooku myself, yes he learned some dark side stuff but it was apperent he wanted to get rid of the with not that he was working for the sith. So it coulda been grevious, dooku, obiwan, yoda, maybe mace?? They woulda kicked butts
redline248
AG
I don't think that's apparent at all. He was either looking for someone to be his apprentice and kill Palpatine, or simply sow distrust among the Jedi. He was 100 percent Sith.
First Page Last Page
Page 591 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.