Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,860,146 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 9 hrs ago by TCTTS
The Collective
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Current issue I see with the Han Solo film's release date...

Quote:

May 4
Avengers: Infinity War

May 11
Life of the Party

May 18
Slenderman
Untitled LAIKA Production 2018

May 25
Star Wars: Han Solo

Is that enough time separation?
double aught
AG
Three weeks seems like plenty.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
It'll move. No surprise here.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
In fact, Disney and Cameron are friendly. I bet this is no accident. Let Cameron move out of the way before Star Wars moves in, and not the other way around.
TCTTS
AG
There's a third option no one's talking about... The Batman. No way it makes summer 2018, but December 2018 would be perfect. I could see WB swooping in and claiming that date any day now. But yeah, if that doesn't happen, I could see Disney/Lucasfilm claiming it for sure. It's definitely going to be interesting to see how it all plays out.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Or...

An Obi-Wan movie has secretly started production and will be announced for December 2018 at Celebration.

Hey, a guy can hope.
AliasMan02
AG
The new Darth Vader series opens with an arc about lightsaber construction. This on the heels of Rogue One/Catalyst with the focus in Kyber and some elements of Interludes in Aftermath. This is all really strong indication that we're getting a dose of this in The Last Jedi. The story group is very deliberate about this sort of thing.

http://www.starwarsunderworld.com/2017/03/marvel-announces-new-ongoing-darth.html?m=1
TCTTS
AG
http://www.slashfilm.com/is-yoda-in-the-last-jedi/
AliasMan02
AG
TCTTS said:

http://www.slashfilm.com/is-yoda-in-the-last-jedi/

His limited role in TFA was my first thought. I don't think we've seen the last of Rey's Force visions as she uncovers her past.
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
do force ghosts fade over time? we have no idea. There isn't any reason to think Luke isn't communicating with Obi-Wan, Yoda, or even Anakin is there?
Ag Since 83
AG
One month til Celebration! Badge came in the mail today!
Malachi Constant
AG
I think it would be cool to see what they could do with force-ghost Anakin. Can they do some makeup on Hayden Christiansen and give him a chance to have a great performance and make up for the crap dialog in the prequels?
PatAg
AG
Blatant Disregard said:

I think it would be cool to see what they could do with force-ghost Anakin. Can they do some makeup on Hayden Christiansen and give him a chance to have a great performance and make up for the crap dialog in the prequels?
The only way to have him give a great performance is to have someone else in makeup pretend to be him.
Belton Ag
AG
PatAg said:

Blatant Disregard said:

The only way to have him give a great performance is to have someone else in makeup pretend to be him.
Maybe Nicholas Cage could play Hayden Christiansen playing Annakin.
AliasMan02
AG
Blatant Disregard said:

If they were going to allow Hayden to redeem himself, the time would have been to let him play Vader in RO in some capacity, imo.
The Collective
AG
I don't know if this was missed or not... but, I thought I would point it out - looks like no SW Celebration in 2018.
Quote:

While we might be in the thick of getting ready for Star Wars Celebration Orlando, it's never too early to start thinking about when the next Celebration will be.

Celebration is the official, definitive Star Wars event, with entertainment, interactive experiences and exclusives that can only be found at this Lucasfilm production. They are the ultimate community fan gathering as well, and friends will want to start planning to be together again to commemorate everyone's favorite saga. The next official Celebration is slated for a location and date soon-to-be announced, in 2019.

Flashdiaz
AG
CJS4715 said:

I don't know if this was missed or not... but, I thought I would point it out - looks like no SW Celebration in 2018.
Quote:

While we might be in the thick of getting ready for Star Wars Celebration Orlando, it's never too early to start thinking about when the next Celebration will be.

Celebration is the official, definitive Star Wars event, with entertainment, interactive experiences and exclusives that can only be found at this Lucasfilm production. They are the ultimate community fan gathering as well, and friends will want to start planning to be together again to commemorate everyone's favorite saga. The next official Celebration is slated for a location and date soon-to-be announced, in 2019.

interesting indeed. Maybe they didn't want to over-saturate the public with Star Wars.
Episode VIII in December 2017
Celebration April 2018
Han Solo: A Solo Star Wars Story in May 2018.

maybe they'll use 2018 to formally announce details of Star Wars land.
The Collective
AG
I think the lack of Celebration reinforces the May release for the Han Solo film even more.
TCTTS
AG
Aren't Celebrations every two years? Last one I can remember is April 2015.
wangus12
AG
Last year it was in London
The Collective
AG
TCTTS said:

Aren't Celebrations every two years? Last one I can remember is April 2015.

Yea, remember the disaster that was the Rogue One panel last summer?
TCTTS
AG
Oh, yeah. Forgot about the London one.
TCTTS
AG
I think I had it mixed up with D23's schedule, which is every other year.
TCTTS
AG
Not that Star Wars couldn't take on Aquaman, but it's looking more and more like Han Solo will, in fact, stay on that May 2018 date, as Aquaman moves to December 21, 2018...

Brian Earl Spilner
AG

AliasMan02
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Maybe if they don't care about ripping things off they'll just say f it and give us the full Robotech Jetfire on the big screen.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Might as well make Optimus' sword a lightsaber.
wangus12
AG
I noticed that during the trailer too.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
AliasMan02 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Maybe if they don't care about ripping things off they'll just say f it and give us the full Robotech Jetfire on the big screen.
Harmony gold would have a conniption about that. I still have a sore spot about the Warhammer IIC and Marauder in Mechwarrior 4.... the Warhammer was my chassis.
Ag Since 83
AG
The Last Knight

The Last Jedi

The Last Jedi Knight? Crossover potential...

Buck Compton
AG
Ag Since 83 said:

The Last Knight

The Last Jedi

The Last Jedi Knight? Crossover potential...

This is a commentary on the awful lack of creativity for Hollywood trying to name sequels.
AliasMan02
AG
I finished Empire's End this week. I'm glad that it gave us some background that leads into Episode VII a bit, but leaves a HUGE gap where a lot obviously happens.

A few more specific spoilery thoughts:

I'm glad Sloane survived. I love her. I also love the ambiguity that comes with her being there in the Unknown Regions at what is effectively the dawn of the First Order but not there leading it in TFA. She'd be 75 at the time of TFA, so her being at least retired seems likely, if she managed to survive the machinations of Hux, to say nothing of Snoke.

Speaking of Snoke, I also love what is implied by his total absence (not a surprise, but glad they didn't throw him in). What this REALLY means is that the Emperor's "new domain" do-over of the Empire that is initially led by Sloane gets usurped by Snoke.

It seems likely that Wedge and Norra are killed in the First Order attack on Hosnian Prime, right? If both were instructors at their starfighter pilot academy, and they obviously get together, it seems likely that they would have retired there as well. If so, they'd have been killed in the Starkiller Base attack.

RIP Mister Bones

I look forward to at least a comic book appearance by Jas and her new crew.

Sooooo ready for TLJ! And looking forward to the combination of the Rebels finale next week and the Thrawn novel to follow later. And Rogue One on Blu Ray in April. Good times.
FancyKetchup14
AG
The best scene in rogue one

SeattleAgJr
FancyKetchup14 said:

The best scene in rogue one

meh
SeattleAgJr
First Page Last Page
Page 563 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.