Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,858,410 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 22 min ago by TCTTS
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I agree, once the trailer has dropped to the public.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Quote:

Guys, we HAVE to settle on what a "spoiler" is for this franchise/thread.
Just use your best judgement. An unreleased trailer is not fair game, especially when specific shots are described.

May be a minor spoiler, but it's a spoiler.

I know you were responding to ZJS's tweet in his post. For those, there is a way to post twitter urls without embedding the tweets, I think. Let me try to verify that.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
twitter.com/starwars/status/839570022838202368

Looks like the only way is taking off the https.
AliasMan02
AG
Agree with others. Anything in a trailer, Celebration panel, Entertainment Tonight interview, or other public/marketing offerings is not a spoiler.

If it's a rumor, set report/leak, or tweet describing footage that is deliberately bring withheld from the public, use spoiler tags. That's why they're there.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
not a spoiler....i think.

Even Jedi need a spa day every now and then.

dave99ag
AG
Grizzled Chic
SpreadsheetAg
AG
He looks like a shamed puppy
caleblyn
Either his head has grown to gigantic standard or that woman is itty bitty!
The Collective
AG
caleblyn said:

Either his head has grown to gigantic standard or that woman is itty bitty!

Perspective distortion.
TCTTS
AG
Way better description of the footage. And remember, any discussion of this should be in spoiler tags...

http://www.slashfilm.com/star-wars-the-last-jedi-footage-description/
Flashdiaz
AG
I hope Finn has some significant injuries due to Kylo slicing his back. I kind of liked the fact he didn't wake up, even at the end, to give everyone a cheap feel good moment. Signified that his injuries were substantial.

It would be a good opportunity to give him some cybernetic legs
hunter2012
AG
They are going to continue the notion that Rey is an overpowered superwoman just because she's force sensitive. I guess when her worst character flaw is she wanted to return to Jakku(which she no longer has), this is to be expected. But I guess fighting one time with any weapon would allow someone to "deftly handle it."

Episode VIII: the Mary Sue Strikes Back
The Collective
AG
I am thinking we will get some flaws from Rey in this one. Was not Luke's biggest flaw in episode IV his unwillingness to accept his destiny? So, same as Rey.
wangus12
AG
No. No sir. We are not going there
hunter2012
AG
CJS4715 said:

I am thinking we will get some flaws from Rey in this one. Was not Luke's biggest flaw in episode IV his unwillingness to accept his destiny? So, same as Rey.

Luke was a whiney teenager, he was a chip off his old man. Regardless his flaws were apparent...

Rey however...
wangus12
AG
Quote:

Rey however...
is smoking hot
TCTTS
AG
hunter2012 said:

They are going to continue the notion that Rey is an overpowered superwoman just because she's force sensitive. I guess when her worst character flaw is she wanted to return to Jakku(which she no longer has), this is to be expected. But I guess fighting one time with any weapon would allow someone to "deftly handle it."

Amazing that you got to see an early rough cut! But it sucks that you've confirmed that there's not any training whatsoever before she deftly handles a lightsaber.
The Collective
AG
Maybe Rey's weakness will be that she ends up being a pacifist like her grandmother.
redline248
AG
Satine?
Flashdiaz
AG
I've never heard of Grandma Solo, I thought Han was an orphan.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Maybe they have her appear OP and not really being challenged until the end of the movie, then she gets swiftly defeated by Kylo.

There has to be an arc here. And Kylo needs to make up for going out like a ***** in TFA. (Granted with substantial injuries.)
Dro07
AG
Thats crap and I hope they go away from that! I don't get why they just don't go with our ideas that she was trained and mind wiped...

idiots... all of them
wangus12
AG
There are two main things I want to see happen in this film. Looking going BAMF on people and then Kylo going BAMF on people.
hunter2012
AG
TCTTS said:

hunter2012 said:

Amazing that you got to see an early rough cut! But it sucks that you've confirmed that there's not any training whatsoever before she deftly handles a lightsaber.

I'm basing it off this tweet on the last page:

Quote:

But I'll defer to your character judgement, maybe perfect people make for more compelling characters. No character growth necessary, just have them "discover" their own powers...

I've liked the new movies but does a woman need to be perfect to be lead in the movies?
fig96
AG
hunter2012 said:

TCTTS said:

hunter2012 said:

I'm basing it off this tweet on the last page:

Quote:

But I'll defer to your character judgement, maybe perfect people make for more compelling characters. No character growth necessary, just have them "discover" their own powers...

I've liked the new movies but does a woman need to be perfect to be lead in the movies?
You realize these could be (and most likely are) two separate non-chronological shots?
hunter2012
AG
It's plausible but not likely. They all probably saw the same shot...
SpreadsheetAg
AG
I think a lot is being inferred from that tweet...to me it sounds like there is ALOT of training going on in this movie. It's going to be like Empire in that I don't think the story lines will touch much at all until the cliff hangers at the end.

Rey training with Luke and being mentored while filling in his missing time away from Shan & Leia and some backstory - probably 80% of her screen time.

Kylo will probably get a lot less focus and just some snippets as he goes to see Snoke, continues to quarrel with Weasley -er- Gen. Hux, and takes off in search of Luke / Rey.

Finn doing some clandestine work against the FOE, maybe reconnoitering Snoke?

Poe defending resistance base?
Flashdiaz
AG
hunter2012 said:

so, in your mind it goes like this?

Rey hands Luke his old saber
Luke says "who are you"
Rey then demonstrates her elite saber skills to impress him
SpreadsheetAg
hunter2012
AG
Flashdiaz said:

hunter2012 said:

Luke says "who are you"

Why does she have to impress him? she already kicked Kylo's ass in VII, I'm not even sure how much training she needs because she already has "discovered her powers". If only the Jedi had "discovered their powers" the Republic wouldn't have fallen.
boogieman
AG
Is it too obvious if it goes:

• Rey hands Luke his old saber

• Luke says "who are you"

• Cue "The Last Jedi" opening title & crawl
fig96
AG
Flashdiaz said:

hunter2012 said:

Luke says "who are you"
I wasn't going to illustrate it that bluntly, but...
The Collective
AG
Who are you = I am wondering, why are you here?
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
What point of view was Luke looking at when asking that question.

More like "Who are you to do that with that thing. Here hold my beer and let me show you what I can do with this thing, see that rock over there."
Flashdiaz
AG
James Camaron officially states Avatar not happening in late 2018, question is does the Han Solo solo movie push back to a Christmas 2018 release or stay in the May 2018 slot.

My unofficial, unsubstantiated opinion is that it stays in the May slot to be a 'fun' summer release similar to Guardians of the Galaxy.
First Page Last Page
Page 562 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.