Star Wars Discussion Thread

3,181,850 Views | 30686 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Brian Earl Spilner
Sarduakar
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
yeah that is David Prowse not Anthony Daniels.
Zombie Jon Snow
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
redline248 said:

Isn't that the guy that played Vader, and not Daniels?

In the group photo

well that would make sense...so it is not all of the principals then...i assumed it was all the good guys.

Daniels is missing....technically so is Alec Guinness I guess.

although oddly enough those photos show up in a few places on A. Daniels articles alongside other photos of him.


This is David Prowse (Vader) circa 1977...

SpreadsheetAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

same shoot...different pose.




so weird though Anthony Daniels looks nothing like I remember him there....

this is how I remember him...


Its David Prowse... or else Threepio would be taller and wider than Han Solo:


(I admit I was also confused for half a sec)
CJS4715
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Daniels would never be caught taking a pic with these people acting like he liked them /Baker.

Also, Luke should be pretty pissed at Padme over his height.
Zombie Jon Snow
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
CJS4715 said:

Daniels would never be caught taking a pic with these people acting like he liked them /Baker.

Also, Luke should be pretty pissed at Padme over his height.

lol...yeah definitely makes it worse there with who he is standing with....

listed heights:

Kenny Baker 3'8"
Carrie Fisher 5'1"
Mark Hamill 5'9"
Harrison Ford 6'1"
David Prowse 6'5"
Peter Mayhew 7'2"

so 3'6" difference from tallest to shortest or nearly doubling from Kenny Baker to Peter Mayhew.

Not pictured

Anthony Daniels 5'9"
Alec Guinness 5'10"

others
Yoda 2'2"
Peter Cushing 6'0"
James Earl Jones 6'2" (irrelevant but i was curious)

Prequels
Natalie Portman 5'3"
Ewen McGregor 5'10" (exactly the same as Guinness)
Hayden Christensen 6'0" - so vader was wearing 5" pumps i guess
Ian McDiarmid 5'10"
Liam Neeson 6'4"
Samuel L. Jackson 6'2"
Christopher Lee 6'5"

sorry...got carried away.
CJS4715
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:


Hayden Christensen 6'0" - so vader was wearing 5" pumps i guess



Bro...
Sarduakar
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My wife's cousin lost his legs in afghanistan. he is now 2 inches taller than he was before with his " new legs"
Zombie Jon Snow
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
lol....yeah ok.
wangus12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Did he asked to be called Lt. Dan during rehab? I'm not making a joke, but when I was in school and did some PT volunteer work with veterans, we had one who lost his legs in Iraq and he loved going by Lt. Dan during rehab sessions. Pretty sure he knew all of Gary Sinise's lines from the movie as well. Dude was crazy strong too. Great character. This was in 2008.
dave99ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That's a pretty damn good outlook after losing your legs in the war. Probably caused the PT a double-take the first time.
Flashdiaz
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
not to make light of war injuries but there will come a time where cybernetic limbs will be as agile as original parts and be stronger. When that happens, would you lop off an appendage to gain some superhuman strength?

I haven't really thought about it until someone mentioning getting taller due to new legs.
MGS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Flashdiaz said:

not to make light of war injuries but there will come a time where cybernetic limbs will be as agile as original parts and be stronger. When that happens, would you lop off an appendage to gain some superhuman strength?

I haven't really thought about it until someone mentioning getting taller due to new legs.
We saw something like that with Oscar Pistorius, it's just a matter of time before we be running into this in professional sports.


Sarduakar
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I don't think he asked to be called Lt. Dan but not sure. He has actually ran the Death Valley marathon, climbed Kilimanjaro and attempted Denali after getting his new legs. His group (a wounded veterans group) got most of the way up Denali and a storm moved in so they couldn't finish. He then snapped one of his legs on the way back down and didn't have a replacement. Had to ski down on his butt.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/amputee-soldiers-rally-summit-mt-kilimanjaro/story?id=22709870
https://semperfifund.org/news/wounded-warrior-team-to-climb-denali-the-highest-mountain-in-north-america/

He is the one with the "famous" name.
Ulrich
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Flashdiaz said:

not to make light of war injuries but there will come a time where cybernetic limbs will be as agile as original parts and be stronger. When that happens, would you lop off an appendage to gain some superhuman strength?

I haven't really thought about it until someone mentioning getting taller due to new legs.

I wouldn't cut off perfectly good legs just to get better ones, but if both my legs were already cut off you better believe I'm going to take the opportunity to add a couple inches in height.
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

http://collider.com/star-wars-the-last-jedi-footage-description/
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
And just a tiny bit more here...


http://www.slashfilm.com/star-wars-episode-8-opening/
AgMarauder04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TCTTS said:


http://collider.com/star-wars-the-last-jedi-footage-description/
Zombie Jon Snow
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Luke doesn't know Rey!!!!!...

apparently...or Alzheimer's.


CJS4715
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I don't have the willpower to avoid any marketing material for Star Wars. I hate myself for this.
Flashdiaz
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

Luke doesn't know Rey!!!!!...

apparently...or Alzheimer's.



in the trailer for The Force Awakens,

it was Maz that asks Rey "Who are you" . I guess they took it out of TFA to let Luke have that line
CJS4715
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Luke is just playing dumb like Yoda did in ESB.

Also... important note from article:
Quote:

The Force Awakens and Rogue One both went through script rewrites by other screenwriters, The Last Jedi was written and directed by one person: Rian Johnson.
Zombie Jon Snow
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Flashdiaz said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

Luke doesn't know Rey!!!!!...

apparently...or Alzheimer's.



in the trailer for The Force Awakens,

it was Maz that asks Rey "Who are you" . I guess they took it out of TFA to let Luke have that line

What I'm talking about this:

TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just FYI, Rey deftly handling a lightsaber might not be the same scene. It's unclear. Could just as easily be a cut to another shot of her with a lightsaber later on in the movie.
CJS4715
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm not sure what I am supposed to tag as a spoiler around here. I hate the ambiguity of this place when it comes to what is ok to discuss. All of this seems fine to me, but it will probably piss someone off.
Flashdiaz
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
CJS4715 said:

I'm not sure what I am supposed to tag as a spoiler around here. I hate the ambiguity of this place when it comes to what is ok to discuss. All of this seems fine to me, but it will probably piss someone off.
agree. I treat this space as super spoiler free.

When we actually get a trailer, I'm sure one of you fine folks will creat a specific 'Last Jedi' thread to be able to dissect every last aspect of it.
wangus12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
CJS4715 said:

Luke is just playing dumb like Yoda did in ESB.

Also... important note from article:
Quote:

The Force Awakens and Rogue One both went through script rewrites by other screenwriters, The Last Jedi was written and directed by one person: Rian Johnson.

Agreed
Zombie Jon Snow
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TCTTS said:

Just FYI, Rey deftly handling a lightsaber might not be the same scene. It's unclear. Could just as easily be a cut to another shot of her with a lightsaber later on in the movie.
OK...but still it indicates Luke says it to Rey...as in they are both visible together in that scene. whether the other part is earlier, later, or right after is kinda irrelevant to that point.
Silvertaps
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TCTTS said:


http://collider.com/star-wars-the-last-jedi-footage-description/
Quote:

...Although the Han Solo movie poses an issue as that hits theaters next May, a mere six months after The Last Jedi.
Give it a few months...and we'll get the "moved to December" announcement. Seems like a tradition at this point.
AliasMan02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Flashdiaz said:

CJS4715 said:

I'm not sure what I am supposed to tag as a spoiler around here. I hate the ambiguity of this place when it comes to what is ok to discuss. All of this seems fine to me, but it will probably piss someone off.
agree. I treat this space as super spoiler free.

When we actually get a trailer, I'm sure one of you fine folks will creat a specific 'Last Jedi' thread to be able to dissect every last aspect of it.


Definitely no spoilers please. That would include anything posted by people with early access to the film.

Stuff posted here is NBD, but it's not impossible that something more revealing comes out.
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I read the article about what was shown to Disney shareholders, and I'll just say this:

I wouldn't base much of any speculation on what leaks out of a shareholders meeting. However, in case any of it is real spoilers, I might be limiting my participation in this thread.
CJS4715
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Another thing to keep in mind.... while I know Rogue One is the exception given it's changing story, Disney still released promotional material weeks before the movie's release with footage that never appeared in the film.
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ugh. Staff went through the trouble of creating spoiler tags, and then people don't use them. Guess I might as well read the whole description.
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Guys, we HAVE to settle on what a "spoiler" is for this franchise/thread. IMO, the vaguest possible descriptions imaginable of like six shots from footage that we're all going to see in a month anyway simply doesn't constitute as spoilers, but there are obviously varying opinions here. I'm of the mind that if you're talking about Star Wars in a Star Wars thread on the internet, stuff as inconsequential as that is fair game. We can't talk about Star Wars but also not discuss anything whatsoever about the next movie in the franchise. That seems super restrictive. The only other solution I can see is creating a thread specifically for The Last Jedi, but then are people going to complain when things like this are discussed in there?
Ag Since 83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Pretty easy for me: reports of something that exists but hasn't been released publically is a spoiler. If it's featured in a trailer from Celebration it should be fair game at that point.
Legal Custodian
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ag Since 83 said:

Pretty easy for me: reports of something that exists but hasn't been released publically is a spoiler. If it's featured in a trailer from Celebration it should be fair game at that point.
The main point is what is considered a report. Are rumors considered a report? If one blog posts a rumor they've heard, should that be written with spoiler tags?
Page 561 of 877
 
×
Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.