Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,859,156 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by TCTTS
Zombie Jon Snow
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
lunchbox

Sex Panther
AG
You Come At The Emperor... You Best Not Miss
jbanda
AG
ALERT: TNT is showing eps 1-5 today starting at 1pm. A new hope doesn't start until 10pm and empire starts at 12:52am. Weird.
YouBet
AG
After watching that modern trailer redo for Empire I decided to watch it last night. And I remembered I no longer have Phantom as part of my 6 disc Blu-ray collection.

My dog literally ate it when he was a puppy. I was mad back then but have since realized he was just doing me a favor. That dog is genius.
Flashdiaz
AG
Your dog has crappy taste in movies.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
jbanda said:

ALERT: TNT is showing eps 1-5 today starting at 1pm. A new hope doesn't start until 10pm and empire starts at 12:52am. Weird.
Thanks for the heads-up. Need something on TV while I am working around the house today.
double aught
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

jbanda said:

Thanks for the heads-up. Need something on TV while I am working around the house today.
A few random thoughts:

I caught the end of ROTS. It's not perfect. It has some odd moments. But overall it's pretty good. When I originally saw it in the theater I thought it was the greatest thing ever. But once that wore off, I was probably too hard on it. Easily superior to I and II.

Now, ANH is on. Alec Guinness is so great. And this is one of my favorite scenes in the entire series:

Thanks for humoring my stream of consciousness.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
double aught said:

Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

jbanda said:

A few random thoughts:

I caught the end of ROTS. It's not perfect. It has some odd moments. But overall it's pretty good. When I originally saw it in the theater I thought it was the greatest thing ever. But once that wore off, I was probably too hard on it. Easily superior to I and II.

Now, ANH is on. Alec Guinness is so great. And this is one of my favorite scenes in the entire series:

Thanks for humoring my stream of consciousness.
I recall having similar thoughts about Sith. I ranked it in my top 3 all-time back in 2005. It has not withstood the test of time, though. Yes, I still think it is a fantastic movie on the whole, but if I sit back and nitpick it to death, I do find its flaws. No, I will not pan the prequels like so many do here (I really think the folks who do that need to see some truly awful movies). I do actually rank Sith slightly ahead of Jedi (thanks Ewoks).
AliasMan02
AG
What you say might be true if not for how horrible the movie looks and it's total lack of heart. I recently caught the end of Sith as well, when Padme was giving birth and it is just horrid. Green screen hell. Poor Ewan talking to a bunch of CGI characters in what should be an emotional moment is just nauseating.
Ulrich
Sith is a great story buried in terrible execution.
AMW2010
AG
Empire starting now
chjoak
AG
Probably will never happen but I would really like to see the prequels redone without the hokiness and bad dialog. Maybe change the timeframe/focus a bit too...
1 - find anakin and start training
2 - transition to dark side (ends with his pledge to emperor)
3 - anakin as Vader

Then do a rogue 1 type spin-off showing what Vader is doing between trilogies.
AliasMan02
AG
chjoak said:

Probably will never happen but I would really like to see the prequels redone without the hokiness and bad dialog. Maybe change the timeframe/focus a bit too...
1 - find anakin and start training
2 - transition to dark side (ends with his pledge to emperor)
3 - anakin as Vader

Then do a rogue 1 type spin-off showing what Vader is doing between trilogies.

Agree but it would be really hard to do while maintaining the rest of the continuity. I don't think they'd want to wipe Clone Wars or the many associated works.
chjoak
AG
You could still keep the clone wars in the mix. Just cut out some of the worthless parts of his childhood and some of the riveting senate scenes.
AMW2010
AG
Return of the Jedi starting now
MGS
I noticed that Episode IV was the only one with 20th Century Fox fanfare on TNT.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Quote:

I do actually rank Sith slightly ahead of Jedi (thanks Ewoks).
And you are correct to do so.
redline248
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Quote:

I do actually rank Sith slightly ahead of Jedi (thanks Ewoks).
And you are correct to do so.

The Collective
AG
Original version of Jedi greater than Sith... it's not even close.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
CJS4715 said:

AliasMan02
AG
Anybody gonna go meet Mark Hamill at the Dallas Fan Expo in a few weeks?
redline248
AG
What's the date?
AliasMan02
AG
Mar 31 thru Apr 2
redline248
AG
Right after my birthday
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

CJS4715 said:

That is greatness, to be sure. Far better than anything in Sith. But Sith does not feature George Lucas' re-invention of the f****g teddy bear taking up far more screen time than Carrie Fisher in that skimpy outfit.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
For as much attention as they get, the flaws in Sith are few are far between, whereas Ewoks are a major part of the entire third act. They're awful.
jbanda
AG
The prequels are all cartoons made to keep ADD children's eyes occupied. The plot continuity in relation to the original 3 is awful. Unforgivable. Give me Jedi any day over Sith.
AggieSouth06
Brian Earl Spilner said:

For as much attention as they get, the flaws in Sith are few are far between, whereas Ewoks are a major part of the entire third act. They're awful.

I don't care about any of the characters and their motivations are baffling, when even evident at all.

The above flaw makes any nitpicking of either movie irrelevant.
wangus12
AG
AliasMan02 said:

Anybody gonna go meet Mark Hamill at the Dallas Fan Expo in a few weeks?
I might go, but I find it very hard to pay the amount of money to just take a picture/get an autograph with an actor/actress. Mainly because I'm already broke
israeliag
AG
jbanda said:

The prequels are all cartoons made to keep ADD children's eyes occupied. The plot continuity in relation to the original 3 is awful. Unforgivable. Give me Jedi any day over Sith.
And ironically the prequel-cartoons (The Clone Wars animated-series) are more adult than the live-action prequel-films.
An Ag in CO
AG
An Ag in CO
AG
All the main characters out of costume.

Zombie Jon Snow
AG
same shoot...different pose.

so weird though Anthony Daniels looks nothing like I remember him there....

this is how I remember him...

redline248
AG
Isn't that the guy that played Vader, and not Daniels?

In the group photo
First Page Last Page
Page 560 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.