Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,858,812 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by TCTTS
TheEyeGuy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sponsor
AG
So. .. this may have been asked but with Disney owning the rights, Amy way we get the original version if the movies instead of the tinkered with versions?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
Btw, I wonder if there's any chance the OT will be released in theaters next year? I haven't heard a peep, but that would be amazing.

There were plans in place to re-release all six films in theaters, in 3D. They got as far as Episode I, then they seemingly scrapped the idea. Not sure what happened there, but I hope they do it with the rest of them. Watching the OT in theaters would be sick. Something I've never experienced.
TCTTS
AG
Just FYI, that Dave guy has been hyping this Episode VII news - whatever it is - all morning on Twitter. Says people are going to be talking about it all day. Article should be hitting in the next five to ten minutes...
TCTTS
AG
Alright. Posting before even reading. Will be back in a few...

http://www.latino-review.com/news/exclusive-star-wars-episode-viis-villains-revealed
TCTTS
AG
So.. not that jaw-dropping, but still kind of cool. "Confirms" the idea a lot of us were talking about a few pages back concerning flashbacks. Namely, it looks like there will be a flashback sequence to events just before Episode IV, and in those flashbacks we'll be seeing [SPOILERS] not only a slightly younger Leia, but DARTH VADER as well. [/SPOILERS]

The article is apparently a two-parter, though, with the second part hitting this evening, explaining how this all connects together.

[This message has been edited by TCTTS (edited 8/15/2014 12:11p).]
TCTTS
AG
Also, anyone care to explain why the Inquisitors being the villains is such a big deal? This Dave guy will not shut up about how "this changes everything."
TCTTS
AG
Da7e Gonzales ‏@Da7e
You have no idea how much it irks me that "An Ancient Evil" really does seem like a fitting title.
TCTTS
AG
Devin at Badass Digest has a follow-up to Dave's report. More details on the villain(s)...

http://badassdigest.com/2014/08/15/exclusive-we-know-whose-star-wars-hand-jj-abrams-showed-us/
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I'm not very well informed on the EU so I don't know much about the Inquisitors. But it sound like they could be pretty badass.

As for the flashback news...
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
well i couldnt stay away from the spoilers.

bummed as hell that luke would have been a captive for 30 years.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Alleged concept art for Han Solo.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
To be honest we're starting to venture into "knowing too much" territory, at least for me. Hopefully that's the last bit of details we get for a while.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Dang, Han has some serious stars and bars in that second pic.

Should have a gag one of him with a walker - old person, not Imperial one.
mid90
AG
quote:
To be honest we're starting to venture into "knowing too much" territory, at least for me. Hopefully that's the last bit of details we get for a while.

Yup. Pictures of sets, concept art, costume, etc. I'm totally OK with. It feeds my imagination. But I don't want to know anything about the story.

[This message has been edited by mid90 (edited 8/15/2014 2:02p).]
TCTTS
AG
I totally get what you guys are saying, and definitely agree to an extent, but in truth we hardly know anything at all about the plot so far. A 30 second Episode VII TV spot would tell us more than we know right now. All we have are vague bits and pieces about the set-up and a few of the characters.
TCTTS
AG
I'm wondering, should I start a spoiler thread at this point? I'm probably not going to read spoilers for much longer - maybe another couple of months or so - and then I'm likely out as well. But I feel like certain discussions here are turning people away from the thread, which is maybe hindering "normal" SW talk. Let me know what you guys think, and if so, I'll do kind of a summary of everything we know so far and put it in it's own thread.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Hm. I'm good either way. If the spoilers are within the links it should be fine. Plus I'm going to end up clicking them all anyway. I have zero self control when it comes to SW.
TCTTS
AG
Cool, sounds good.
TCTTS
AG
Wow. Today is officially Episode VII Spoilers Day. A lot more info just hit. This is getting nuts.
Simplebay
AG
Piloting as Super Destroyer
TCTTS
AG
Don't even know if I should post some of this. Still basic set-up stuff, but man, this is starting to get out of hand, even for me.
mid90
AG
yeah....I think I'm done with this thread then, just to play it safe

even if someone starts a spoiler thread, I've followed GOT enough to know that a nonspoiler thread does not mean no spoilers
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Post the link. People have been warned.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Like I said, zero self control.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
SLJ tweeted this today.
quote:
Samuel L. Jackson ‏@SamuelLJackson 1h
Ran up on the New Jedi generation last nite!! MUPFHUGGAZ on the right page!!

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
You're killing me TCTTS. Where is this new info?
TCTTS
AG
http://badassdigest.com/2014/08/15/exclusive-find-out-about-han-solos-new-ride-in-episode-vii/

http://indierevolver.com/2014/08/15/indie-revolver-exclusive-no-one-expects-the-sith-inquisition/
(the pic in this article is apparently concept art)
TCTTS
AG
Was on a phone call. Sorry!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Super Star Destroyer? Lightsaber?

I'm ok with this.
TCTTS
AG
Dave's final report of the day...

http://www.latino-review.com/news/star-wars-our-new-dawn

Basically, it's a long-winded way of saying the Star Wars: Rebels cartoon is "essential" viewing. Apparently all this new content will fit together and compliment each other like never before. Specifically, Star Wars: Rebels will at some point lead up to the "revealing" flashback sequence in Episode VII, showing us Vader, Leia, and potentially some of the other Inquisitors reporting to Vader (one of which is the main villain of the show).
Keegan99
AG
http://uproxx.com/gammasquad/2014/08/report-disney-is-releasing-the-original-star-wars-cut-on-blu-ray/

Han Shot First on Blu-Ray
TCTTS
AG
Sorry, but it ain't happening...

http://badassdigest.com/2014/08/16/why-i-doubt-disney-is-releasing-the-unaltered-star-wars-ot-on-blu/

Comicbook.com is notorious for making sh*t up.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Red Five
AG
That's kind of interesting that Disney doesnt own distribution rights until 2020, and never for Star Wars itself. Seems like that would have been a pretty big deal at the negotiating table. That means it would be hard down the line after episodes 7/8/9/whatever to release mega collectors edition of every film, right?

edit: also, I can't see why this is the case:
quote:
And there's one more wrinkle I've heard from sources at Fox: as long as George Lucas is alive they're not willing (or able? I'm not clear here) to go against his wishes and release the untouched originals.

Seriously, who gives a **** what George thinks? You sold the movies, bro. Give it up.

[This message has been edited by Red Five (edited 8/18/2014 9:38a).]
COOL LASER FALCON
I'm guessing he is holding on to them just as another ace up his sleeve if he decides he needs another cool couple of billion, but still... **** him.
First Page Last Page
Page 56 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.