Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,859,101 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by TCTTS
AliasMan02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
jabberwalkie09 said:

That's Filoni's speculation on it being Rex. I don't really buy that as evidence.

If Filoni says it, that's pretty strong. He's a powerful voice in shaping the canon. He can make it happen.
jabberwalkie09
AG
AliasMan02 said:

jabberwalkie09 said:

That's Filoni's speculation on it being Rex. I don't really buy that as evidence.

If Filoni says it, that's pretty strong. He's a powerful voice in shaping the canon. He can make it happen.
Not that I disagree, just pointing out that his speculation on it doesn't necessarily make it so. IIRC Filoni has mentioned in the past that when throwing out ideas to Pablo, Pablo has said in the past to find another way. So sure it could come to pass, but it's still effectively speculation by Filoni at this point and Rex's story could change.
AliasMan02
AG
jabberwalkie09 said:

AliasMan02 said:

jabberwalkie09 said:

Not that I disagree, just pointing out that his speculation on it doesn't necessarily make it so. IIRC Filoni has mentioned in the past that when throwing out ideas to Pablo, Pablo has said in the past to find another way. So sure it could come to pass, but it's still effectively speculation by Filoni at this point and Rex's story could change.
That's true. Filoni SAYING it doesn't make it canon like in the old Lucas days when he'd make some offhand comment on a talk show and suddenly everyone had to abide by it. The fact that the dude on Endor is Rex hasn't appeared in a canon publication of any sort.
DB Coach
AG
redline248 said:

AliasMan02 said:

lunchbox said:

One destroyed the Jedi order and the other the Sith order.
Seems unlikely to see the destruction of the First Order in this movie
I apologize for bringing this back from 5 pages ago (I'm just now catching up), but what if they are all linked, including how Ep 7 and 8 titles read like a sentence? Could episode 8 be the end of the Skywalker saga, and the beginning of another family or something new altogether?
Dro07
AG
I doubt it's the end when Rey is obviously a skywalker
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
AMW2010
AG
So.....the force awakens the last jedi?
The Collective
AG
AMW2010 said:

So.....the force awakens the last jedi?

Yea, bro.
TCTTS
AG
Guys, DB was actually on to something. They ARE building toward a "trilogy phrase," if you will, and the beginning of something new.

Turns out, this whole thing has been 17 YEARS in the making. And honestly, I still think I'm in shock. Because, randomly, I was able to get in contact with a friend of a friend who used to work at Lucasfilm, and they just passed along THIS...

The Force Awakens the Last Jedi...

The word I'm hearing is that it all began after the horrible reception for The Phantom Menace, where in Lucas was so distraught that he hatched a revenge plan with Robert Smigel to pull off what is looking to be one of the greatest long cons in cinematic history...

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
That is Triumph's best bit of all time.
MandoArms
Hmmm a Skywalker has died in the previous Red Letter titles...
Flashdiaz
AG
BrownCoat said:

Hmmm a Skywalker has died in the previous Red Letter titles...
Schmi Skywalker died in episode II
MandoArms
I meant an important Skywalker....

Episode Three Anakin "dies" and becomes Vader.

Zombie Jon Snow
AG
BrownCoat said:

I meant an important Skywalker....

she had a virgin birth - she is just as important as Mary!!!!!!

512Ag
AG
Man, the last time I looked, the thread was on page two [edit to add "of the entertainment board"]...I just came back to check in and see what y'all had to say after the title was released. Five words appear on the Internet and cause "Star Wars: The Thread Awakens" to happen.

Nothing more to add. Keep up the fine work.
The Collective
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

That is Triumph's best bit of all time.

What are you... some kind of super nerd?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Haven't visited the thread in three years? That's impressive considering it's been on the front page almost consistently.
AgMarauder04
AG
Rumors about flashbacks and info revealed in TLJ

Not really spoilers, as it's all speculation and rumor, but click at your own risk.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Quote:

The Knights of Ren remain a complete mystery. While they were introduced in The Force Awakens, not much was said about them. And their name is never spoken on screen.
False. Snoke mentions them by name to Kylo Ren. "Even you, the leader of the Knights of Ren, have never faced such a test."
512Ag
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Haven't visited the thread in three years? That's impressive considering it's been on the front page almost consistently.
Hey now. I checked in last week and it was on page 2. I was surprised.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
This is pretty great.

https://www.facebook.com/joshgad/videos/789672441181314/

Have I mentioned I love Daisy Ridley?

Sidenote: It's hard to tell if she's legit uncomfortable, but it kind of looks like it.
AgMarauder04
AG
Yeah, that was off.
wangus12
AG
That bit still cracks me up
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
My bad, I thought you were saying the thread had 2 pages. But it's probably fallen off the front page maybe one week total time in three years.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
AggieDem said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Hey now. I checked in last week and it was on page 2. I was surprised.

You must be talking about a different thread.

The date on page 2 is from 2014.

Edit - oh I see what you mean now. NM. I never see what page it is on....I just look for updates on the watch list to pop up.
512Ag
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

My bad, I thought you were saying the thread had 2 pages. But it's probably fallen off the front page maybe one week total time in three years.
Ah yes, the "different point of view" argument.

Right, I meant off the front page of the Entertainment board.

The Collective
AG
I could see the planet being referenced being what we see in Rey's force vision. Interesting.
Flashdiaz
AG
CJS4715 said:

I could see the planet being referenced being what we see in Rey's force vision. Interesting.
The Collective
AG
Yep. To be fair, that could be a different temple or castle.
AMW2010
AG
Is this in the scroll?

fig96
AG
AMW2010 said:

Is this in the scroll?

Think it was posted on here earlier, but confirmed as accurate by me watching the scroll 30 seconds ago.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Saw a Collider video on this topic a few weeks ago, and it's really never too early to start talking box office --

Does any movie in 2017 have a shot at beating TLJ as the #1 movie worldwide?

There's some pretty huge blockbusters coming out this year, but I doubt anything has even an outside shot. Biggest contenders are probably Justice League, Pirates, Transformers, and Beauty and the Beast, but I don't see any of those breaking ~$1.3B.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Saw a Collider video on this topic a few weeks ago, and it's really never too early to start talking box office --

Does any movie in 2017 have a shot at beating TLJ as the #1 movie worldwide?

There's some pretty huge blockbusters coming out this year, but I doubt anything has even an outside shot. Biggest contenders are probably Justice League, Pirates, Transformers, and Beauty and the Beast, but I don't see any of those breaking ~$1.3B.

NO!!!! Won't even be close. this will top TFA imho.

The buildup will be huge - tons of people didn't even see it in theaters but have since on PPV and DVD/BR and with the death of Carrie Fisher combined with Daisy Ridley becoming an icon for women/girls the audience will be huge.

I very accurately predicted RO at 500-550M domestic and 1.1B worldwide.

My estimate for TLJ is $1.0B domestic and $2.4-2.5B worldwide.

So it will beat TFA in domestic and WW.....but fall short of Avatars WW $2.7B.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
$1B domestic is definitely possible. I wonder if a possibly darker tone could hinder the repeat box office though.
The Collective
AG
I'm not sure how much $ it will make, but I do know that Fandango won't be ready to handle it...
First Page Last Page
Page 543 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.